Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Are the Libertarians here Emotionally Prepared to Watch People Starve
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Are the Libertarians here Emotionally Prepared to Watch People Starve (Read 1231 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Are the Libertarians here Emotionally Prepared to Watch People Starve
Reply #110 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 12:25am:
It was rabid rightism first in many cases but that doesn''t rule out racism to go along with it. You are obviously guilty of both.

You can't accept the real cause of your civil war and that's enough to condemn you.

Your kind of people think your denials can fool everybody but you're wrong.

No date for New Years, huh, Don?

Not even declaring as bisexual helped you on that?

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #111 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 8:26am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
Is that an admission that you were talking out of your ass, then?

Because if it isn't then you agree with American lefties that any criticism of Obama's or his policies is proof of racism.

No, I have a subtle and discriminating mind, and I also know that the majority of people on food stamps are white, as are the majority of people cooking and using meth, as are the majority of people getting "free" Obamacare as were the majority of people getting "free" cell phones.

Lots of people don't know that, and when you say "food stamps, meth, Obama lunches , Obamacare and Obamaphones" all at once, they nod sagely and think "Yes, blacks are ruining America."

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #112 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 8:36am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 9:13pm:
If by "capitalism," you mean a free economy, it does nothing of the sort.  In a free economy, people choose what to do and what not to do.  Hence, "free."

I have to take the meaning of "capitalism" as the creator of the term intended it to be understood, which is a crony mercantile system.

Your memory must be bad and your minds seems to be a blunt instrument...

"Progressives" hate free economies because they are free. They hate the idea that some young man or boy might figure out a way to make money by working... The idea of "children" working horrifies them. The idea of anybody working unless they have government permission to work at an approved job in an approved workplace according to approved safety rules etc. also horrifies them.

The fact that working boys are likely to be hungry even more often than non-working boys "proves" to "progressives" that hunger among American children is endemic and that "capitalism" is an evil "system".

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #113 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 8:36am:
I have to take the meaning of "capitalism" as the creator of the term intended it to be understood, which is a crony mercantile system.
I actually prefer Marx' definition for political purposes, since that is what statists are supposed to mean when they use the word.  Capitalism is a system in which wealth seekers accumulate means of production and derive profit from the difference between wages they pay workers to produce goods and the prices at which they sell the goods.  I love that definition of capitalism, because it requires no government intervention at all.  In fact it thrives best when there is as little government intervention as possible and it has naturally occurred in every area in which government has not controlled the economy.

I'm guessing that Don would love it also since - unlike biological Darwinism - economic Darwinism can be both accidental and purposeful.

Quote:
Your memory must be bad and your minds seems to be a blunt instrument...

I  enjoy your insults, Jeff.  They tell me you know you are losing on the merits of your arguments.

Quote:
"Progressives" hate free economies because they are free. They hate the idea that some young man or boy might figure out a way to make money by working... The idea of "children" working horrifies them. The idea of anybody working unless they have government permission to work at an approved job in an approved workplace according to approved safety rules etc. also horrifies them.

True, and I believe that if you were ever willing to answer a question, I could expose you as just that kind of progressive.

Quote:
The fact that working boys are likely to be hungry even more often than non-working boys "proves" to "progressives" that hunger among American children is endemic and that "capitalism" is an evil "system".

Ok, why in the world would working boys be hungry more often than non-working boys?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #114 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 11:15am:
Ok, why in the world would working boys be hungry more often than non-working boys?

Work uses energy.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #115 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
I actually prefer Marx' definition for political purposes, since that is what statists are supposed to mean when they use the word.  Capitalism is a system in which wealth seekers accumulate means of production and derive profit from the difference between wages they pay workers to produce goods and the prices at which they sell the goods.  I love that definition of capitalism, because it requires no government intervention at all.  In fact it thrives best when there is as little government intervention as possible and it has naturally occurred in every area in which government has not controlled the economy.

I'm guessing that Don would love it also since - unlike biological Darwinism - economic Darwinism can be both accidental and purposeful.

Marx said a lot more than that, because that's so incomplete an explanation.

Think of it as the employer is taxed to create the workplace and all it's necessities in which to house workers in a reasonable degree of comfort.

And then think of the employer needing to be taxed as in paying for property on which to situate his work place. He can't just go and lay claim to the land, he has to be granted the land by government.

Think of the business owner being granted the right to run a business and the profit he gains out of that business must be returned in part to the state in order to maintain an infrastructure in which operating a business is even possible.

And think too of the workers returning a portion of their profits in order to help in maintaining that infrastructure.

Taxation is simply necessary in any workable society. Fair and just taxation is your issue, not taxation in general which is accepted by all.

Are the few billionaires who possess half the wealth of your country being taxed too much?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #116 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:48pm:
Marx said a lot more than that, because that's so incomplete an explanation.

Think of it as the employer is taxed to create the workplace and all it's necessities in which to house workers in a reasonable degree of comfort.

And then think of the employer needing to be taxed as in paying for property on which to situate his work place. He can't just go and lay claim to the land, he has to be granted the land by government.

Think of the business owner being granted the right to run a business and the profit he gains out of that business must be returned in part to the state in order to maintain an infrastructure in which operating a business is even possible.

And think too of the workers returning a portion of their profits in order to help in maintaining that infrastructure.

Taxation is simply necessary in any workable society. Fair and just taxation is your issue, not taxation in general which is accepted by all.

Are the few billionaires who possess half the wealth of your country being taxed too much?

All that is idiotic, so I can't think that way.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #117 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
True, and I believe that if you were ever willing to answer a question, I could expose you as just that kind of progressive.
I'm the sort of person that can see that real human progress comes when human rights and human liberty are protected but people are otherwise free to chart their own lives.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #118 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:08pm:
All that is idiotic, so I can't think that way.

Then you will have to continue to tread water, bitch, and complain.

The rest of the world isn't going to wait for you burnsred, it's going to move on and find solutions. Even the US is going to move on, albeit it kicking and screaming. Nobody will be paying the least attention to pseudo-libertarians. Have a nice day. life.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #119 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:11pm:
Then you will have to continue to tread water, bitch, and complain.

The rest of the world isn't going to wait for you burnsred, it's going to move on and find solutions. Even the US is going to move on, albeit it kicking and screaming. Nobody will be paying the least attention to pseudo-libertarians. Have a nice day. life.

The point repeated inanely by the troll on a libertarian message board

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Are the Libertarians here Emotionally Prepared to Watch People Starve
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy