Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Let's Solve the Slavery Issue Once and For All
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Let's Solve the Slavery Issue Once and For All (Read 1030 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Let's Solve the Slavery Issue Once and For All
Reply #120 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:44am:
All it took was resentment and racist hate against a black president to revive the slavery issue.

Now Americans are trying to tear their country apart on the issue in the 21st. century.

Quite surreal to read the vicious hate being flung back and forth over what caused their civil war. A divided country, no doubt due to the south still not being able to accept black people as the equals of whites.

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #121 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:56am:

You've suffering from a lot of mental pain for some reason we'll eventually discover and I know how to pull your chain. You can't ignore me.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #122 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:27pm:
You've suffering from a lot of mental pain for some reason we'll eventually discover and I know how to pull your chain. You can't ignore me.

Thanks for your concern about my feelings, gay boy.

You know who likes talking about their feelings?  Naked guys in men's room showers.  Don't forget to tell them like you told Jeff they have a sweet ass and offer to cuddle with them.  Go to it!

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #123 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 12:54pm:
Thanks for your concern about my feelings, gay boy.

You know who likes talking about their feelings?  Naked guys in men's room showers.  Don't forget to tell them like you told Jeff they have a sweet ass and offer to cuddle with them.  Go to it!

I may be a troll but I'm no twotimer. I'm faithful to Jeff even though I could smell somebody else's scent on him.

It was of another animal other than human and it didn't smell wild, it smelt much more like a domestic barnyard animal.

Jeff is lovely and nothing you say can drive me away from him. You, keep OUT. If you don't understand what you need to keep OUT of then just ask.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #124 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 10:24am:
The slave states produced commodities, exported them, and bought manufactured goods primarily from Europe.

The North did not do this. They did nothing and controlled everything.

I like how you state the same thing I did, elaborate slightly, then and call me ignorant in the next sentence because I didn't add the thing you added which doesn't make any difference to my case. I knew about it by the way; I just would have phrased it as production of raw materials, like cotton, indigo, and rice. The latter two were rotated.

OMG I added something irrelevant! You're ignorant!

(See; I can do that too.)

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #125 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:35am:
That's like saying the Declaration of Independence was written to preserve the rights of wife beaters since there were wife beaters in the Colonies

Wife beating was not an issue in the colonies.  I'm sure it happened, but no one was making an issue of it.  Slavery was an issue and the inclusion of the phrase "all men are created equal" was tacit recognition that the African-American male slaves were not men by the standards of the signers of the declaration.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #126 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:47pm:
Wife beating was not an issue in the colonies.  I'm sure it happened, but no one was making an issue of it.  Slavery was an issue and the inclusion of the phrase "all men are created equal" was tacit recognition that the African-American male slaves were not men by the standards of the signers of the declaration.

What you said is true, but doesn't contradict what I said.  You took it along a different dimension

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #127 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:47pm:

That's not true. It's a filthy lie.

The compromise made with the slave states in order to induce them to join the Union was not done to preserve slavery but to give the new nation a chance to survive and grow into it's ideals.

No one but tribal minded slavers believed that the people being kept as slaves were not human.
Liberal minded people of the time (libertarians are their philosophical heirs) knew that the people being held as slaves were people, born with equal rights to any other people.

It was the stinking slavers who forced the word "slave" to sully our Constitution with it's filthy name and had the nerve to demand "representation" for what they considered to be livestock.

It was barbaric tribal minded slavers who forced the Civil War by insisting on a "right" to preserve and extend slavery.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #128 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 4:59pm:
That's not true. It's a filthy lie.

The compromise made with the slave states in order to induce them to join the Union was not done to preserve slavery but to give the new nation a chance to survive and grow into it's ideals.

No one but tribal minded slavers believed that the people being kept as slaves were not human.
Liberal minded people of the time (libertarians are their philosophical heirs) knew that the people being held as slaves were people, born with equal rights to any other people.

It was the stinking slavers who forced the word "slave" to sully our Constitution with it's filthy name and had the nerve to demand "representation" for what they considered to be livestock.

It was barbaric tribal minded slavers who forced the Civil War by insisting on a "right" to preserve and extend slavery.
kaz, we should talk more about his. I enjoy it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #129 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
I think we've solved the issue of slavery!

Hang slavers and confiscate their wealth.

Loan the confiscated wealth to anyone with a good business plan, as long as the plan isn't slavery.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Let's Solve the Slavery Issue Once and For All
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy