Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Noise Aggression?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Noise Aggression? (Read 1108 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Is Noise Aggression?
Dec 19th, 2017 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Is merely being noisy ever against the NAP?

If someone is screaming hateful things at me, is that aggression?

What if the neighbours' kids won't shut up?

What if someone has built a shooting range near my house, and the awful din goes on all day?

Is "peace and quiet" a right?

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Noise Aggression?
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2017 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Is farting in an elevator an aggression?  If you're not the person who is farting, it sure seems like one. But it really isnt.  NAP doesn't apply. (imo)

Noise and foul odors are not aggressions.  They are, however, a nuisance.  They should be dealt with accordingly.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 19th, 2017 at 11:03pm:
Is farting in an elevator an aggression?  If you're not the person who is farting, it sure seems like one. But it really isnt.  NAP doesn't apply. (imo)

Noise and foul odors are not aggressions.  They are, however, a nuisance.  They should be dealt with accordingly. 

A libertarian who goes crying to a municipal government agency to have people's dogs taken away from them! Just bizarre!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #3 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:17pm:
A libertarian who goes crying to a municipal government agency to have people's dogs taken away from them! Just bizarre!

Um ... what?  Where did he say that?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:17pm:

It was my civic duty to restore peace and quiet in my neighborhood.  I was thanked by my neighbors for being pro-active and getting the problem resolved.

In a civilized society, there will always be individuals who refuse to respect the rights of others.  Fortunately, we have humane ways of dealing with these miscreants.

In an uncivilized society, miscreants are usually shot.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:41pm:
It was my civic duty to restore peace and quiet in my neighborhood.  I was thanked by my neighbors for being pro-active and getting the problem resolved.

In a civilized society, there will always be individuals who refuse to respect the rights of others.  Fortunately, we have humane ways of dealing with these miscreants.

In an uncivilized society, miscreants are usually shot.

So you've had other people's dogs taken away from them twice. You're not denying it, and you've relied on municipal government to do it for you.

And now you are saying that you played the cop for the neighbours! Add this to your admission of being excluded by the council and this is telling a story about you.

I think you're now going to have to be more guarded in what you tell us.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:39pm:
Um ... what?  Where did he say that?

I have no problem recognizing your posts if you can behave yourself. In this case, you've just missed some of the conversation. Deal with that in a respectable manner and things can change for you on this forum.

I have no guarantees for you not hearing a lot of what you don't want to hear. That's what prompts your troll accusations. Deal with it in a more adult way for a change. You might be surprised how that can work out for you.

No more warnings!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #7 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
I have no problem recognizing your posts if you can behave yourself. In this case, you've just missed some of the conversation. Deal with that in a respectable manner and things can change for you on this forum.

I have no guarantees for you not hearing a lot of what you don't want to hear. That's what prompts your troll accusations. Deal with it in a more adult way for a change. You might be surprised how that can work out for you.

No more warnings!

I saw it later.  It was in a different thread, dim wit.

Here's the difference in this regard between libertarians and liberals.

Libertarians say you have the right to do whatever you want ... as long as you don't infringe on the right of others to do the same.

Leftists say you have the right to do whatever you want ... on someone else's dime, screw the victim of that.

Fundamentally different.  Note that the right to have a dog disturbing neighbors on their property is clearly a right of leftists and not libertarians

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:51pm:
So you've had other people's dogs taken away from them twice. You're not denying it, and you've relied on municipal government to do it for you.

I don't deny it. But I didn't rely on municipal government.  I allowed them to them to do their job. My property taxes pay these people.  This is what Animal Control does.  They control animals.  (And their barking pets.)

I was/am perfectly capable of restoring peace and quiet on my own.  But that would have required me to do things that no libertarian should ever be compelled to do.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 1:00pm:
I saw it later.  It was in a different thread, dim wit.

At least you'r intelligible so I'll give you another chance.

Quote:
Here's the difference in this regard between libertarians and liberals.

Libertarians say you have the right to do whatever you want ... as long as you don't infringe on the right of others to do the same.

That's definitely the way libertarians express their perceived rights but in practice it's not quite like that. They demand rights that infringe on the rights of others and there's been lots of examples of that stated. Then libertarians try to find a difference in their rights being legitimate and the rights of others being less so.

Quote:
Leftists say you have the right to do whatever you want ... on someone else's dime, screw the victim of that.

You should be capable of expressing what you want to say in a better way. Leftists, which excludes everybody but extreme rightists, believe that the wealth of a country can be distributed in a way which allows everyone to benefit from a wealthy society/country. People on this forum have made it clear that's not happening in your country. I won't expand on that any further until I hear whether you can handle that like an adult or not.

Quote:
Fundamentally different.  Note that the right to have a dog disturbing neighbors on their property is clearly a right of leftists and not libertarians

It has nothing to do with any political ideology. The fact is, it's perhaps not indicative of anything with the chief if it happened one time. But to have it happen twice, and then when we know of him being singled out by the council members and denied a parking space, it tells us something about his character..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Noise Aggression?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy