Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nikki Haley Hands The UNSC A Huuuuuge Reality-Check
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Nikki Haley Hands The UNSC A Huuuuuge Reality-Check (Read 2481 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nikki Haley Hands The UNSC A Huuuuuge Reality-Check
Reply #110 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
You said this-

"But as you know, I believe that any taxes are armed robbery and nothing morally justifies that expect perhaps to save a life."

"Taxes are theft" is a standard anarchist position.

It is the libertarian position, also. 

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #111 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Why does the main menu show you have posted, but your post is not on the thread? I bet the Voltarian apparatus is involved in the delay...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #112 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm:
It is the libertarian position, also. 

Ah, here it is...
No, in fact almost all libertarians favor a limited government and understand that you can't have one without some taxation.

Anarchists are just the lunatic fringe of everything, useful idiots for authoritarians.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #113 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:42pm:
Why does the main menu show you have posted, but your post is not on the thread? I bet the Voltarian apparatus is involved in the delay...

That has happened to me several times in the last day or so.  I'll post a reply and then when I go to view it, it isn't there.  Several minutes later, it is there.  It has caused me to double post a few times, but that's ok, because my second version is often more brilliant than the first. 

I'm sure that there is a conspiracy afoot, but I'm not sure whether it's the Ruskies or the Illuminati.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #114 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:44pm:
Ah, here it is...
No, in fact almost all libertarians favor a limited government and understand that you can't have one without some taxation.

Anarchists are just the lunatic fringe of everything, useful idiots for authoritarians.

I favor very limited government and understand that its functions can be paid for through voluntary fees with the only thing legitimately taxed being land ownership since land ownership is a construct of government itself. 

Your first question when I said that was WTTE of, "Wha . . . how much am I going to have to pay for my share of the trillions of dollars government needs?" 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #115 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:49pm:
I favor very limited government and understand that its functions can be paid for through voluntary fees with the only thing legitimately taxed being land ownership since land ownership is a construct of government itself. 

Your first question when I said that was WTTE of, "Wha . . . how much am I going to have to pay for my share of the trillions of dollars government needs?" 

People claimed ownership of land before there were governments. The Right to own property is a natural right. The idea that government created property rights in land is bizarre.

The failure of Americans to voluntarily fund the national government that existed under the Articles of Confederation makes your voluntary funding notion look like a loser... Has it ever been done anywhere?

I asked about how much my Single Tax bill would be because no one, including you, has figured out how to stop the national government from spending like a drunken sailor. My assumption was that the national government would want to raise the same amount of money with the Single Tax... Why you think that means I like all the taxing and spending going on now is not clear, particularly in light of my constantly expressed desire for both Constitutionally legal taxation and Constitutionally limited government (and spending).

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #116 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:36am:
People claimed ownership of land before there were governments. The Right to own property is a natural right. The idea that government created property rights in land is bizarre.

The failure of Americans to voluntarily fund the national government that existed under the Articles of Confederation makes your voluntary funding notion look like a loser... Has it ever been done anywhere?

I asked about how much my Single Tax bill would be because no one, including you, has figured out how to stop the national government from spending like a drunken sailor. My assumption was that the national government would want to raise the same amount of money with the Single Tax... Why you think that means I like all the taxing and spending going on now is not clear, particularly in light of my constantly expressed desire for both Constitutionally legal taxation and Constitutionally limited government (and spending).

Trump has lowered tax on big business and that's going to create huge shortfalls.

Get ready to pick up the bills that won't be paid.

The confusing part of this is that even the Republicans had reservations on what Trump did. He sure did drain the swamp for you didn't he.

It's o.k. to ignore it for a while sweet parts!

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #117 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:36am:

Name one single time when people claimed ownership of land absent a government.  Who would they "claim" it to?  How would they claim it?  Just stand on the land and say over and over, "it's mine.  Yep.  It's mine?"

Quote:

No.  Government began as a scheme for roving gangs to rob people of a part of there earnings while leaving them just enough that they could survive to continue earning and paying taxes (aka being robbed).  That was an improvement over times when roving gangs would simply kill everyone and take everything.  Those roving gangs established territories in which people would be taxed.  Those gangs became feudal kings and nobility.  Later they sold some of that territory to non-gang members and that was the first time there was such a thing as privately owned land.

Quote:

I don't feel that when I talk about one part of libertarianism, I have to include in every single post every other part of libertarianism so that you don't think my idea would be the only change I would make. 

But then I also thought that I could answer a hypothetical question without starting every sentence of the answer with the word, "Hypothetically" and that turned out to be too much for you to understand also.

Unless you were pretending not to understand so you could avoid answering a question.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #118 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Trump has lowered tax on big business and that's going to create huge shortfalls.

Except not.  There has not been a reduction in taxes that resulted in a reduction in revenue in this century or the last.

Quote:
Get ready to pick up the bills that won't be paid.

The confusing part of this is that even the Republicans had reservations on what Trump did. He sure did drain the swamp for you didn't he.

He did, yes.  The GOP tax and spenders knew that opposing Trump on a tax cut so beneficial to the economy would be political soo-ee-cide.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #119 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:39pm:
Name one single time when people claimed ownership of land absent a government.  Who would they "claim" it to?  How would they claim it?  Just stand on the land and say over and over, "it's mine.  Yep.  It's mine?"

Yes, that is the first expression of property rights.

Primitive tribes fought over property constantly. They had to always resort to force of arms to protect their property.

Civilization is better. You can buy property and easily have your rights protected by the government.

What a great idea!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nikki Haley Hands The UNSC A Huuuuuge Reality-Check
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy