Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nikki Haley Hands The UNSC A Huuuuuge Reality-Check
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Nikki Haley Hands The UNSC A Huuuuuge Reality-Check (Read 1780 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Nikki Haley Hands The UNSC A Huuuuuge Reality-Check
Reply #90 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:54pm:
Trump's tax cuts are a small step in the right direction, but they are already having a huuge effect.  The Democrats new meme of using the 25th amendment because a mudslinger wrote a book is absurd.  There is no way the voters would stand for impeaching such a successful president or making the VP acting president.

Taxes on corporations should be zero.  Corporations employ people and create goods and services for them to buy with their earnings.  Until government gets out of the armed robbery racket altogether, taxes on corporate profits should come when salaries are paid and when dividends go to stockholders. 

Do you think the book isn't the truth?

Trump said it's author didn't get into the WH. Do you think Trump lied or the book's author lied?
Do you think Trump lies all the time?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #91 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
In defense of Nikki Haley, Trump has dumbed her down to pursing an impossible position at the UN.

But in defense of Trump, Nikki will continue to get her ass kicked at the UN.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #92 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Trump's tax cuts are a small step in the right direction, but they are already having a huuge effect.  The Democrats new meme of using the 25th amendment because a mudslinger wrote a book is absurd.  There is no way the voters would stand for impeaching such a successful president or making the VP acting president.

Taxes on corporations should be zero.  Corporations employ people and create goods and services for them to buy with their earnings.  Until government gets out of the armed robbery racket altogether, taxes on corporate profits should come when salaries are paid and when dividends go to stockholders. 

If a President's cabinet is concerned about his ability to fulfill his duties as President, they should take evidence to the House of Representatives who can run a trial and gather enough evidence to make it clear one way or another. A mechanism is in place.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #93 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Taxes on corporations should be zero.  Corporations employ people and create goods and services for them to buy with their earnings.
I hire people to cut my lawn and do general landscaping work for me... I guess I should create a LLC and pay zero taxes.

Really, you don't think profits are income? Or you just think Congress should tax some incomes but not others? You'd rather tax salaries and wages than profits?

What if I have an investment corporation that invests in dividend paying stocks, that's how we make our corporate profits?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #94 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:06pm:
If a President's cabinet is concerned about his ability to fulfill his duties as President, they should take evidence to the House of Representatives who can run a trial and gather enough evidence to make it clear one way or another. A mechanism is in place.

None of that shit can happen with partisan politics. Other mechanisms are at work.

Trump could hurt the R party too much and they'll turn coat on him.

The deep state will take Trump down via Mueller. When he fired Comey he made enemies he can never contend with. The fukker's toast unless you can believe the FBI can be defeated.

By the time Mueller spills his evidence it's likely the R's will be ready to do Trump.

The wild card is in somebody else 'doing' Trump first.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #95 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
I hire people to cut my lawn and do general landscaping work for me... I guess I should create a LLC and pay zero taxes.

Really, you don't think profits are income? Or you just think Congress should tax some incomes but not others? You'd rather tax salaries and wages than profits?
Whether profits are income depends entirely on how you define those words of course.  Yes, I'd rather tax salaries and wages than profits because that is the best way to grow the economy and provide wealth earning and building opportunities for all. 

But as you know, I believe that any taxes are armed robbery and nothing morally justifies that expect perhaps to save a life. 

Quote:
What if I have an investment corporation that invests in dividend paying stocks, that's how we make our corporate profits?

Then the economy will benefit from those investments so of course we should not punish those investments by robbing the investors of the returns.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #96 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 6:57am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:36pm:
Whether profits are income depends entirely on how you define those words of course.  Yes, I'd rather tax salaries and wages than profits because that is the best way to grow the economy and provide wealth earning and building opportunities for all. 

Do you think that wages and salaries are "income" so that their taxation is somehow Indirect and they can therefore be taxed without apportionment?

Corporations earn profits by selling products and services to people who earn wages and salaries. Laying the entire tax burden on people who earn wages and salaries as if wages and salaries were "income" will largely decrease the ability of those people to buy products and services from businesses. Rather than boosting business profits and creating jobs, it will drive more businesses into bankruptcy.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #97 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:01am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:36pm:
Then the economy will benefit from those investments so of course we should not punish those investments by robbing the investors of the returns.

So you think individual investors should be taxed on income they make from buying corporate stocks and bonds, but a corporation that does exactly the same thing should not be taxed on it's income from the same source?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #98 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:01am:
So you think individual investors should be taxed on income they make from buying corporate stocks and bonds, but a corporation that does exactly the same thing should not be taxed on it's income from the same source?

No, I don't think anyone should be taxed on anything.  My point is that taxing corporations is one of the more egregious taxes because it is double taxation, that is profits are taxed and then dividends and salaries paid with what is left of those profits are taxed.  It is also ridiculous to say a corporation, being made up of several people in partnership, is legally a separate person.  Especially when you say that this "fictitious person" can be held liable for torts and punished for crimes, but not the actual people who own and run the corporation. 

Don't try to draw me into a detailed debate about the what the tax code should and should not be.  I'll leave those pointless babblings to the Lib/Dems and their partners in tyranny, the Con/Reps.  I oppose all armed theft; I don't try to justify it by finding the most "fair" way to rob people.  Nor do I justify theft by pointing to the size of our bloated government and demanding to know "how ya gonna pay for that without taxes?"

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #99 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:52am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:46am:
No, I don't think anyone should be taxed on anything.
I keep forgetting you're an anarchist.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Nikki Haley Hands The UNSC A Huuuuuge Reality-Check
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy