Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rights are not For Everyone
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rights are not For Everyone (Read 456 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Rights are not For Everyone
Dec 23rd, 2017 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:52am:
Slaughtering animals for food according to religious prescripts is not animal abuse.
Slaughtering animals in the same way for fun would be.

Too subtle for you?

Hmm. Does that one forcefully tossing the still-living chicken in the trash provably believe his religion, or is he doing it just for fun?

They're also not slaughtering the animals for food. They're throwing them away.

Why are they doing this? Well, they're transferring their sins to the chicken, killing it, and then getting absolved.

I would say this is probably fun for them.

Billie wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 5:07pm:
RubyHypatia wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 9:03am:
We can have the Draw Mohammed Day on the internet again.  I'm reminded of that movie about the North Korean dictator.  If we won't allow him to bully us out of free speech, why should Muslims be allowed to?  Why should anyone be allowed to?

Ruby, if you feel "bullied out of free speech", I can only say, Hurrah! Hallelujah!

But obviously you don't, because you haven't shut up.

If you want to be a Hero of Free Speech, do the organizing and make sure your real name and face become well known.
Please, please do it.

Clearly, and exactly as the First Amendment states, rights (like free speech) are disproportionately for the benefit of the religious.

They're constructed discovered that way.

Atheists get more freedom under statism, and more importantly, we get more equality too.

Just remember these quotes the next time someone (like me) objects to people having rights. This is what I'm objecting to. This is how rights work. They give some people special privileges to do things like abuse animals, while others must respect the rights of animals.

Here is the pecking order, according to the previous quotes:

Religious Person

Animal

Atheist

If you object to me characterising rights-believers this way, provide conclusive evidence that this is not how rights work.

You probably can't, because rights are discovered by people, just like you. That is how they come into being. They're discovered by greedy, unscrupulous people, in order to further their desire for special privileges, and power over others.

Rights are the ultimate expression of the tyranny of the majority. Rights are always discovered for the disproportionate benefit of the discoverer and his own. In this example, that's the religious. But I'll give you another example just to drive this home.

Equality would mean that no one could discover rights, so no one would have rights.

Note that this diatribe is not to say that rights are not moral. Rights are moral. They're just not fair or equal because their discoverers are power-hungry mini-dictators who seek personal advantage just like the rest of you humans.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: Rights are not For Everyone
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 10:03am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 5:37pm:
Equality would mean that no one could discover rights, so no one would have rights

Equality means we have negative rights.  You are again confusing positive with negative rights.  They are ENTIRELY different things.  Positive rights are an oxymoron, they are not legitimate rights

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 10:03am:
Equality means we have negative rights.

Yeah dumbass, which people will only discover if it benefits them.

Case in point, religious people can abuse animals, due to the negative right not to be interfered with when they torture and kill their own property. I can't do the same. So sayeth rights.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:08pm:
Case in point, religious people can abuse animals.
No they cannot.

The only reason you are so fixated on repeatedly telling this lie is that you want to torture animals.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
No they cannot.

You said they could. I direct you to the OP. Read your own quote. I now direct you to the Wikipedia definition of animal abuse, not because I want to argue by the dictionary, but because you'll always drag it down to that level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruelty_to_animals
Quote:
Cruelty to animals, also called animal abuse, animal neglect or simply animal cruelty, is the infliction by omission (animal neglect) or by commission by humans of suffering or harm upon any non-human animal, regardless of whether the act is against the law.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:22pm:
You said they could. I direct you to the OP. Read your own quote. I now direct you to the Wikipedia definition of animal abuse, not because I want to argue by the dictionary, but because you'll always drag it down to that level.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruelty_to_animals
You (and Wikipedia) think killing animals for food is cruelty to animals. What's that to me?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
You (and Wikipedia) think killing animals for food is cruelty to animals. What's that to me?

You define animal abuse then. You're not allowed to change the name of the act depending on who's doing it.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:28pm:
You define animal abuse then. You're not allowed to change the name of the act depending on who's doing it.
What they were doing in the video was killing chickens for food. Chickens with their heads cut off stay "alive" for a while, but they are dead. Tossing them into a garbage pail after you cut off their heads is a pretty effective way of preventing them from running around bleeding all over everything and has the added benefit that you don't have to go looking for them when they stop running around and kicking. It's not animal abuse or cruelty to animals, it's killing chickens for food.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #8 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:08pm:
Yeah dumbass, which people will only discover if it benefits them.

Case in point, religious people can abuse animals, due to the negative right not to be interfered with when they torture and kill their own property. I can't do the same. So sayeth rights.

You're doing exactly what I keep saying you're doing again.  You're saying that libertarian = anarchy.  It's not, idiot.  I'm a small government libertarian.  Stop the stupid shit of arguing anarchy with me.

I don't know any small government libertarians who think that animals are property that can be tortured as you falsely ascribed to us.

Once again you ran away and pretended you didn't by going to anarchy.   Address small government libertarian.  That's what I asked for

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:22pm:
You said they could. I direct you to the OP. Read your own quote. I now direct you to the Wikipedia definition of animal abuse, not because I want to argue by the dictionary, but because you'll always drag it down to that level

I'm a vegetarian, you're not an anarchist.  But people don't consider killing animals humanely for food to be abuse.  When you go to the dictionary, the purpose is supposed to be honest about what words mean.  You go to the dictionary to manipulate words into what they don't mean

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rights are not For Everyone
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy