Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rights are not For Everyone
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rights are not For Everyone (Read 522 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Rights are not For Everyone
Reply #30 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:06pm:
I said that in the quote that you quoted

Do you have any idea what a simple Google search the answer to that question would be?
Jews? Specifically Hasidic Jews?
That might be what you found, but you didn't find the truth.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #31 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:15pm:
Jews? Specifically Hasidic Jews?
That might be what you found, but you didn't find the truth.

That right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapparot

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:24pm:
Some sect created some weird dogma left over from the stone age. Not many Hasidim even really believe it. So what if they do? If they are killing chickens for food according to the Law, they can believe anything about it they want to.

So could you. Start slaughtering you own chickens and believe that you will be blessed by God for doing so.

What's that to me?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #33 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
Some sect created some weird dogma left over from the stone age. Not many Hasidim even really believe it. So what if they do? If they are killing chickens for food according to the Law, they can believe anything about it they want to.

So could you. Start slaughtering you own chickens and believe that you will be blessed by God for doing so.

What's that to me?

Are you drunk?  Or stoned?  Or both?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
I explained nine times to him now: It's not for food. If necessary there's a quote of him repeating transferring their sins to the chicken.

They transfer their sins to the chicken and torture it to death.

This is Kapparot, not Kosher butchering.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 8:52am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
I explained nine times to him now: It's not for food. If necessary there's a quote of him repeating transferring their sins to the chicken.

They transfer their sins to the chicken and torture it to death.

This is Kapparot, not Kosher butchering.
I saw no torture of animals in the video. It did look like one young man thought his job was torture to him...

The ritual is, for those who believe in it, a way to atone for their sins, not "transfer" them to the chickens.

After the ritual of atonement, the chickens are butchered according to the Law. Then they are given away to be eaten by people in need, poor people.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #36 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:28pm:

What's that to me?

You're a strange guy.   I answered the question asked.  Who slaughters chickens to remove their sins.  I don't grasp how my answering that question means I'm arguing for any position.

However, to go back in the conversation, I said religion should have zero to do with it.  They don't torture the chicken, they just kill it.  And then they typically donate it to a food bank.  If you were not religious, you could do the same thing

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 9:57am:
You're a strange guy.   I answered the question asked.  Who slaughters chickens to remove their sins.  I don't grasp how my answering that question means I'm arguing for any position.

However, to go back in the conversation, I said religion should have zero to do with it.  They don't torture the chicken, they just kill it.  And then they typically donate it to a food bank.  If you were not religious, you could do the same thing
Yes, I agree. The only part I disagreed with was the part about the sins being transferred to the chickens. I don't really understand rituals of atonement in any sense that I think they are effective at anything but helping people focus on their sins or what they think to be their sins, but I'm pretty sure these people don't believe they end up with sin laden chickens when they are done with the ritual. Maybe they do, but as you agree, who cares?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
Yes, I agree. The only part I disagreed with was the part about the sins being transferred to the chickens. I don't really understand rituals of atonement in any sense that I think they are effective at anything but helping people focus on their sins or what they think to be their sins, but I'm pretty sure these people don't believe they end up with sin laden chickens when they are done with the ritual. Maybe they do, but as you agree, who cares?

Sin laden chickens? Stay with these two clowns Jeff, it keeps you off the streets and keeps your sweet ass fresh. (don't allow that barnyard animal scent to get on you though, it's unappatizing in a physical war)

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
Yes, I agree.

No, you don't.

Jeff wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 7:52am:
Slaughtering animals for food according to religious prescripts is not animal abuse.
Slaughtering animals in the same way for fun would be.

Too subtle for you?

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rights are not For Everyone
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy