Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rights are not For Everyone
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rights are not For Everyone (Read 462 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Rights are not For Everyone
Reply #40 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
No, you don't.

You got him, but you're the one who pointed out he's only lucid 20% of the time

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 4:07pm:
No, you don't.

It's certainly not out of the realm of human possibility for someone to believe that a ritual could expiate his sins by transferring them to a chicken, which afterwords could be feasted on.

I don't think Jews believe that.

Some people in the tribe of Israel might have believed it 5000 years ago... Who cares?

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 5:37pm:
If you object to me characterising rights-believers this way, provide conclusive evidence that this is not how rights work.

You probably can't, because rights are discovered by people, just like you.
More primitive people than me discovered sharp sticks and rocks.

It was around the time of the Enlightenment and the Reformation that people put the very old idea of rights into coherent form...

And you missed it all...

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 4:15pm:
You got him, but you're the one who pointed out he's only lucid 20% of the time

Both of those times he was lucid. In addition to being non-lucid most of the time, he will just argue instantly. I can't see that he has any viewpoints, except that everybody else is always wrong no matter what, even if they just agreed with him.

He takes the pulse of the majority opinion and just goes with whatever will win him the most cred, viciously attacking anyone who goes against it. That's why he heavily implied Ruby should be killed for wanting to draw Mohamed - that thread was turning against Dissident and going in a very PC direction. He'll reverse the opinion if it suits him.

Don_G wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
Sin laden chickens?

Yes, sin-laden chickens. That's what these crazy religiosos believe. They slit the chicken's throat and let it die slow because it apparently takes on their sins for them. Maybe it's because birds only have one hole and sodomy is a sin? I have no clue.

I have no problem with normal religious people. I don't care if people believe nonsense. I also have no problem with crazy people as long as they don't hurt others. The best friends I've ever had have been crazy, and regular religious people are nice. Crazy ones need to be treated like crazy people of any other sort - if they're doing something illegal they should be punished.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rights are not For Everyone
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy