Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Little Rocket Man Makes Some Good Points!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Little Rocket Man Makes Some Good Points! (Read 132 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Little Rocket Man Makes Some Good Points!
Dec 24th, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/news/414085-korea-un-sanctions-act-war/

Quote:
“If the US wishes to live safely, it must abandon its hostile policy towards the DPRK and learn to co-exist with the country that has nuclear weapons,” the ministry stated. It emphasized that their weapons are purely for defensive purposes and designed to shatter America's “preposterous dream of hegemony over the world.”

Idle threats if he is just talking for himself. Words to be taken seriously if China and Russia have his back.

The sanctions are designed to hurt the people, as all such sanctions do. This could be the push to the break point and so it may be interesting to hear what people imagine the break point will be.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Little Rocket Man Makes Some Good Points!
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2017 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 12:13pm:

Idle threats if he is just talking for himself. Words to be taken seriously if China and Russia have his back.

The sanctions are designed to hurt the people, as all such sanctions do. This could be the push to the break point and so it may be interesting to hear what people imagine the break point will be.

No U.S. sanction hurts North Korea more than that crazy little troll doll does.  Even the conflagration that will be visited upon them if Trump ever takes the threats seriously will be much worse than what they are already living through.

It's sad that people like Don thinks their suffering is amusing . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
No U.S. sanction hurts North Korea more than that crazy little troll doll does.  Even the conflagration that will be visited upon them if Trump ever takes the threats seriously will be much worse than what they are already living through.

It's sad that people like Don thinks their suffering is amusing . . .

I think you might be suggesting that Trump doesn't take N.K. seriously?

That's rather amusing to hear. I think you have a point worth making on that but I'll leave it to you to make it in order to see if you're smart enough.

But to begin with, Trump obviously isn't smart enough to understand. His handlers most certainly are!

In any case, there's little doubt for me that China is in complete control of the situation and is using it to their advantage.

The understanding is developing slowly in your brain too! I'll place you on the right side of the IQ bell curve, but just barely. That's because you try to strike out against others with such naive positions. You need to take control of your emotions more when you talk to me.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Here's the proof that the US and China are keeping this situation under control behind the scenes and behind what the media tries to promote.

https://www.rt.com/news/414271-us-china-intelligence-hotline/

Japan's press finally got the courage to print the truth. Now there's going to be a big effort to put it back to bed.

Nobody should be thinking that China isn't keeping N.K. fully informed of what is happening. And of course, China is instructing N.K.'s Kim on what he needs to do and what he mustn't do.

Will China tell him to go ahead with another ICBM launch soon?

There's one thing for sure and this is the US has chosen the perfect patsy as president for playing this game with China and Russia!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #4 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 24th, 2017 at 12:13pm:

Yes, the United States is the world's bitch.  We're the weakest country everyone beats up on.  You're obviously confusing us with Canada, dolt

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:56am:
Yes, the United States is the world's bitch.  We're the weakest country everyone beats up on.  You're obviously confusing us with Canada, dolt

A talking pork roast!

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
One thing Scott Horton keeps bringing up is that DPRK's official statement on negotiations is that they will not negotiate as long as the US keeps "practicing invasions" off their border, but if this belligerence ends, the issue is negotiable.

Of course those juche-commies know that intransigence of US foreign policy from one regime to the next - not too long ago the Clinton non-proliferation deal was reneged-upon by Bush and this spawned their nuclear program in the first place. 

If I'm reading the Tea leaves correctly, the decision whether to attack North Korea will come down to who in DC wins this geopolitical debate 1) those who calculate that NK being the 'bad boy' in the region is more useful to bring other countries into line with Washington's hegemonic dictates, or 2) the people who argue that any little country not toeing the DC-line can not be tolerated.

If I understand it correctly, there's nothing in the US arsenal that could prevent a few thousand artillery shells from messing-up Seoul in the event of an attack, and this would probably be a pretty big stain on the already tarnished US international image.

The political fallout would require a 'new era' of political suppression among the US client states.  Some folks in the Imperial City probably relish the thought, but do they feel ready for this? 

We will see.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
One thing Scott Horton keeps bringing up is that DPRK's official statement on negotiations is that they will not negotiate as long as the US keeps "practicing invasions" off their border, but if this belligerence ends, the issue is negotiable.

Of course those juche-commies know that intransigence of US foreign policy from one regime to the next - not too long ago the Clinton non-proliferation deal was reneged-upon by Bush and this spawned their nuclear program in the first place. 

If I'm reading the Tea leaves correctly, the decision whether to attack North Korea will come down to who in DC wins this geopolitical debate 1) those who calculate that NK being the 'bad boy' in the region is more useful to bring other countries into line with Washington's hegemonic dictates, or 2) the people who argue that any little country not toeing the DC-line can not be tolerated.

If I understand it correctly, there's nothing in the US arsenal that could prevent a few thousand artillery shells from messing-up Seoul in the event of an attack, and this would probably be a pretty big stain on the already tarnished US international image.

The political fallout would require a 'new era' of political suppression among the US client states.  Some folks in the Imperial City probably relish the thought, but do they feel ready for this? 

We will see.

You're full of shit.  We aren't going to preemptively strike North Korea.  Too many people would die

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
merkelstan wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:43pm:

We will see.

Yes, but don't forget that North Korea is a client state of China's (that keeps practicing launching ICBMs), and South Korea is a relatively free country that is still at war with North Korea.

As I've said, not our job. Let North Korea's neighbors deal with North Korea.

Edit: China won't let Young Kim nuke Long Beach, and if they nuke Sacramento, the Republic of Kalifornia's military will take care of them.

IP Logged

merkelstan

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:52pm:
You're full of shit.  We aren't going to preemptively strike North Korea.  Too many people would die

Well Madeline Albright's response to the question about the 500,000 Iraqi children dead from the sanctions+bombing regime was "We think the price is worth it."

So how many dead do you think would be too many?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Little Rocket Man Makes Some Good Points!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy