Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union (Read 581 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Dec 26th, 2017 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Chicago police union is demanding for its members the right to use stun guns on citizens who are fleeing, intoxicated or in danger of serious injury from the high voltage control devices. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/26/chicago-police-stun-gun-policy-changes-have...

I guess those police representatives see no problem with applying high voltage pain and injuries to people who pose no danger to them or to anyone else.  "Failure to comply" is plenty reason to them to laugh as a taxpayer 'rides the lightning.'

Ironically (or maybe not), Illinois regulates stun guns as if they were firearms and taxpaying citizens are not even allowed to buy them in the City of Chicago.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Reply #1 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 1:10pm:
Chicago police union is demanding for its members the right to use stun guns on citizens who are fleeing, intoxicated or in danger of serious injury from the high voltage control devices. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/26/chicago-police-stun-gun-policy-changes-have...

I guess those police representatives see no problem with applying high voltage pain and injuries to people who pose no danger to them or to anyone else.  "Failure to comply" is plenty reason to them to laugh as a taxpayer 'rides the lightning.'

Ironically (or maybe not), Illinois regulates stun guns as if they were firearms and taxpaying citizens are not even allowed to buy them in the City of Chicago.

Crime and corruption just continues to get worse and wors in the land of the gun.

Just today HP has a headline article on blacks needing to won guns and talks of the escalation of that trend since 2016.

Also talks about some background infor that was interesting in that there have been several attempts to keep guns out of the hands of black people, right up to Reagan's attempts.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 26th, 2017 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
Crime and corruption just continues to get worse and wors in the land of the gun.

Right. So you agree that government employees like police shouldn't be permitted to form unions that governments are required to "recognize" and bargain with. You're coming around after all...

Of course in Chicago, both the regressive city government and the police union are corrupt, so it's matter of cronyism, something you seem to love... unless you're seeing the light about that too?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 1:20pm:

Just today HP has a headline article on blacks needing to won guns and talks of the escalation of that trend since 2016.
They need to won guns?  Like in craps games or something?

Quote:
Also talks about some background infor that was interesting in that there have been several attempts to keep guns out of the hands of black people, right up to Reagan's attempts.

The part about Reagan sounds like another fake history story.  But, that was absolutely the original purpose of gun control laws, to keep blacks disarmed.  Later, freedomophobes realized that they can be used to keep people of all races dependent on government and afraid to go against it.

It's kind of like with police misconduct.  Less than a generation ago, it was primarily black folks who where harassed, beaten and falsely arrested by police making use of stop-and-ID, Terry frisks, random checkpoint, disorderly conduct charges and other means of putting a legal patina on what is nothing more than government bullying.  Now, we can see countless examples of officers of all colors going after taxpayers of all colors.  Both genders of innocent citizens are liable to being jacked by cops of both genders.  Soon it will be "all genders" instead of "both genders."

That's progress in the mind of those who call themselves "progressives" in this day and age.

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2017 at 1:42pm by SnarkySack »  

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Right. So you agree that government employees like police shouldn't be permitted to form unions that governments are required to "recognize" and bargain with. You're coming around after all...

Of course in Chicago, both the regressive city government and the police union are corrupt, so it's matter of cronyism, something you seem to love... unless you're seeing the light about that too?

I'm shocked, Jeff.  I expected you to lecture me on how, "All you gotta do is comply." 

Which, in your mind, seems to be an appropriate motto for the libertarian movement.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:18pm:
They need to won guns?  Like in craps games or something?

The part about Reagan sounds like another fake history story.  But, that was absolutely the original purpose of gun control laws, to keep blacks disarmed.  Later, freedomophiles realized that they can be used to keep people of all races dependent on government and afraid to go against it.

It's kind of like with police misconduct.  Less than a generation ago, it was primarily black folks who where harassed, beaten and falsely arrested by police making use of stop-and-ID, Terry frisks, random checkpoint, disorderly conduct charges and other means of putting a legal patina on what is nothing more than government bullying.  Now, we can see countless examples of officers of all colors going after taxpayers of all colors.  Both genders of innocent citizens are liable to being jacked by cops of both genders.  Soon it will be "all genders" instead of "both genders."

That's progress in the mind of those who call themselves "progressives" in this day and age.

Be patient burnsred, I'm only just coming to understand how corrupt and evil your country has become. I depend on the people on this board, like you, to reveal the hidden secrets of the evil and corruption in the land of the gun.

In any case, coloured people appear to be getting wise and learning that they have to protect themselves when the police won't.

Oh, and read up on Reagan's move to keep guns out of black hands.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:24pm:
Be patient burnsred, I'm only just coming to understand how corrupt and evil your country has become. I depend on the people on this board, like you, to reveal the hidden secrets of the evil and corruption in the land of the gun.

In any case, coloured people appear to be getting wise and learning that they have to protect themselves when the police won't.

Oh, and read up on Reagan's move to keep guns out of black hands.

I just googled the whole internet and there was nothing about it.  You just making it up, I assume?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
I just googled the whole internet and there was nothing about it.  You just making it up, I assume?

You need to learn how to google so I can help you if you ask for help. This took me about 10 seconds to find.
http://theweek.com/articles/582926/how-ronald-reagan-learned-love-gun-control

Please, no lame excuses or cries of protest that it is not, is not.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:37pm:
You need to learn how to google so I can help you if you ask for help. This took me about 10 seconds to find.
http://theweek.com/articles/582926/how-ronald-reagan-learned-love-gun-control

Please, no lame excuses or cries of protest that it is not, is not.

Your post makes my point for me.  Government always has a hidden or not-so-hidden agenda behind it's restrictions on our freedom. 

There were virtually no laws on how to own, store or carry guns until black folks started owning, storing them and carrying them.   Gun restrictions were then pass with a wink and a nod that it was understood that good ol' white boys would never be bothered by them.  The government has become less obvious with its racism but instead of restoring freedom to blacks is just making whites equally as enslaved.  "Equality of enslavement!" could well be the motto of the American leftie.

Was that article supposed to make some point for you also?  If so I missed it . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 1:39pm:
Your post makes my point for me.  Government always has a hidden or not-so-hidden agenda behind it's restrictions on our freedom. 

There were virtually no laws on how to own, store or carry guns until black folks started owning, storing them and carrying them.   Gun restrictions were then pass with a wink and a nod that it was understood that good ol' white boys would never be bothered by them.  The government has become less obvious with its racism but instead of restoring freedom to blacks is just making whites equally as enslaved.  "Equality of enslavement!" could well be the motto of the American leftie.

Was that article supposed to make some point for you also?  If so I missed it . . .

Your point is my point too. The Reagan government was racist!

Anyway, now you've learned that Reagan did try to take away the people's guns, or in some cases prevent the people from enjoying their 2nd. amendment rights.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy