Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union (Read 583 times)
Billie
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Reply #10 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 12:20pm:
I'm shocked, Jeff.  I expected you to lecture me on how, "All you gotta do is comply." 

Which, in your mind, seems to be an appropriate motto for the libertarian movement.
You should pay more attention to what I say and less to trying to read my mind.

Trying to be polite and accommodating to the police doesn't equate to abandoning your rights and liberty.
Allowing government employees to unionize and unions to be granted special monopoly privileges does.
Can bad cops be fired? It's almost impossible if they are unionized. Will people who know they have special privileges treat everyone else like inferiors? It's likely.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:13pm:

Trying to be polite and accommodating to the police doesn't equate to abandoning your rights and liberty.
Allowing government employees to unionize and unions to be granted special monopoly privileges does.
Can bad cops be fired? It's almost impossible if they are unionized. Will people who know they have special privileges treat everyone else like inferiors? It's likely.

Union workers aren't granted any rights that employers don't have. The purpose of a union is to make workers a little bit more equal and powerful as the employer.

The employer has the ultimate right to do as he pleases with his workers, regardless of whether it is just or not. The Union then has a right to ask a court if if was just and if it's found to be unjust then the court can reverse the employer's decision.

There are really no exceptions, except in that the employer will have the final and ultimate right to cease being an employer.

The unionized workers ultimate rights will be in ensuring that an employer acts within the bounds of the law.

The principles are such that no honest libertarian has grounds to object to workers being unionized. But they do and it's inevitably because the union isn't benefitting them, but benefitting others who earn better wages.

Greed and jealousy is all that motivates pseudo-libertarians. At least the ones who don't belong to a union!

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
Union workers aren't granted any rights that employers don't have.
Piss off you ignorant lying dolt.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 5:29pm:
The employer has the ultimate right to do as he pleases with his workers, regardless of whether it is just or not.
No.

That is not true when a government is the employer and the employee is a 'member' (that titillates Queen Teeny!) of an official government union.

They have special 'member' protection that everyone is forced to pay for whether they need it or not.

The "dues" and "fees" of honest hardworking people are used (besides to support communism) to protect lying thieving lazy incompetents, who can't be fired... So they hang around as dead weight on the working people.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
Your point is my point too. The Reagan government was racist!
Oh, I see.  I was wondering how in the heck you were all of a sudden right about something. 

Your article stated that some specific gun laws unfairly affected blacks and that Reagan supported that gun law so therefore Reagan was racist.  Fallacious thinking at best; deliberate ignorance at worst. 

Ronald Reagan was one guy.  Government itself is, has always been will always be racist.  It can't help itself for several reasons all having to do with maintaining its power over us.  The same with controlling access to guns and other weapons.   

Quote:
Anyway, now you've learned that Reagan did try to take away the people's guns, or in some cases prevent the people from enjoying their 2nd. amendment rights.
That was not new information for me.  Perhaps you're confusing me with that poster who constantly posts in praise of Republican Reagan on the libertarian forum.  I haven't read any posts like that, but you often see things others don't.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
If you think that's too harsh, ask me about all the useless incompetent lazy thieving union crony 'leadership' that steal from working people and make their lives harder.

I know lots about his subject.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
That was not new information for me.  Perhaps you're confusing me with that poster who constantly posts in praise of Republican Reagan on the libertarian forum.
Who would that be? Thanks.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 3:13pm:

So long as people who choose not to be polite and accommodating to police are not bothered further, you are correct.  Too often choosing not to comply with police requests leads to them pretending that it is mandatory to comply with them and threats of arrest.

When citizen taxpayers consistently accommodate police intrusion in their lives, it is no wonder that police officers develop the kind of sense of entitlement that leads to tragedies.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
So long as people who choose not to be polite and accommodating to police are not bothered further, you are correct.  Too often choosing not to comply with police requests leads to them pretending that it is mandatory to comply with them and threats of arrest.
Yeah, you've pissed them off and are potentially delaying them from catching a real criminal. Try being cooperative and polite. It works better.

Edit: Who is that person on the forum who is always sucking Ronnie RayGun's ass? Thanks.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:49pm:
Yeah, you've pissed them off and are potentially delaying them from catching a real criminal. Try being cooperative and polite. It works better.
Works better for what?  Ensuring that police are too busy running innocent citizens names and putting them into databases to catch those real criminals?

If I'm in public with an openly carried firearms and police choose to ask for my ID, it is not I who am delaying them if they choose to make an issue out of my lawful refusal and hold me for "investigative detention."  I was far rather them be pursuing those real criminals which are plentiful.  I have seen that being polite when refusing a police request doesn't make them any less likely to become aggressive and dishonest.

You idealize police too much, Jeff.  It's time to realize that the reason they are so willing to waste so much time is that they are not that eager to go after the real criminals.  They openly admit that it is fear that makes them want to disarm even the most law-abiding so you can imagine how they feel about avoiding the possibility of a run in with an armed criminal.

Quote:
Edit: Who is that person on the forum who is always sucking Ronnie RayGun's ass? Thanks.

I have no clue.  I think maybe Don goes on another forum and gets confused about which is which.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy