Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union (Read 657 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Reply #20 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 6:37pm:
Oh, I see.  I was wondering how in the heck you were all of a sudden right about something. 

Your article stated that some specific gun laws unfairly affected blacks and that Reagan supported that gun law so therefore Reagan was racist.  Fallacious thinking at best; deliberate ignorance at worst. 

Ronald Reagan was one guy.  Government itself is, has always been will always be racist.  It can't help itself for several reasons all having to do with maintaining its power over us.  The same with controlling access to guns and other weapons.   

That was not new information for me.  Perhaps you're confusing me with that poster who constantly posts in praise of Republican Reagan on the libertarian forum.  I haven't read any posts like that, but you often see things others don't.

Heck gee kristyun,

I'm glad I was able to help you out.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Dec 27th, 2017 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 8:09pm:

Heck gee kristyun,

I'm glad I was able to help you out.

Why are you so racist?

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #22 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 9:46am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 26th, 2017 at 1:20pm:
Crime and corruption just continues to get worse and wors in the land of the gun.

Just today HP has a headline article on blacks needing to won guns and talks of the escalation of that trend since 2016.

Also talks about some background infor that was interesting in that there have been several attempts to keep guns out of the hands of black people, right up to Reagan's attempts.

Trolls gonna troll

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 27th, 2017 at 7:58pm:
You idealize police too much, Jeff.
I don't. They are people. Some are good, some are bad. Police unions help keep the bad ones from being fired or even disciplined.

Being polite and considerate of police, assuming they are simply people trying to do their job, will work better for you.

If they ask to see your I.D. for no reason that is apparent to you, assume they do have a reason. That's often the case. They are looking for someone who isn't you, and showing them your I.D. will help them decide you aren't who they are looking for.

Yes, there are power hungry bullies on police forces who will hassle you just because they can. Things won't go better for you when you run into one like that if you stand on your rights and refuse to show I.D.
If you want to fight against them, remember their names and report them. If nothing else, mention them on social media.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Jeff is wrong on his idea of cooperating with the police. The ones who are asking for ID don't have honourable intentions.

The reason I can say that is because I've never been asked for ID from a police officer, other than being stopped in a roadblock and asked for a driver's license.

I'm assuming it's a regular enough occurance in your country to make it a concern?

Having said that, make no mistake that your bad policing is a result of them having to deal with bad people. And especially bad people with guns.

It's your choice you've made and resistance to police bad practices is probably all you can do with it now. The gun situation isn't likely to change.

Try not to feel bad about the comparison to Canada, it's the cross you bear!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 3:53pm:
Jeff is wrong on his idea of cooperating with the police. The ones who are asking for ID don't have honourable intentions.

The reason I can say that is because I've never been asked for ID from a police officer, other than being stopped in a roadblock and asked for a driver's license.

Up to now, you've been incoherent, meaningless and contradictory....

Will it get better later?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 4:00pm:
Up to now, you've been incoherent, meaningless and contradictory....

Will it get better later?

You're supposed to be ignoring me sweet ass.

Your biggest problem is you can't take the criticism of your completely fukked up country. You're going to have to learn or you'll have to ignore me and hope that I stop.

I promise I won't. It's 9/10's of the value of this forum to expose the libertarians as just pseudo-libertarians.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
I don't. They are people. Some are good, some are bad. Police unions help keep the bad ones from being fired or even disciplined.

Yes, through violence on the picket lines, which is every union's ace in the hole.  A libertarians system would take that option from them, thus reducing their power. 

Quote:
Being polite and considerate of police, assuming they are simply people trying to do their job, will work better for you.

I'm polite and considerate with all people, regardless of their job or lack of a job.  In the words of the Desiderata, I strive to "as far as possible without surrender, be on good terms with all persons."   But, again:  "without surrender," especially surrender of rights that far greater men than some control tripping police officer have died for.

Quote:
If they ask to see your I.D. for no reason that is apparent to you, assume they do have a reason. That's often the case. They are looking for someone who isn't you, and showing them your I.D. will help them decide you aren't who they are looking for.

The reason most often given is that they "have to" have an ID "for my report."  Also to run the id for warrants.  If they explain about looking for someone who happens to match my description (often only race and gender) then I can make a decision whether to sacrifice my right to privacy for their "investigation."  If they lie to me, claiming that I'm legally required to show ID "when asked by a law enforcement officer," and threaten to unlawfully arrest me, then I cease to cooperate.  People who lie to you are not acting in your interest even (or especially) if you are paying their salaries.  Maybe there are exceptions to that statement, but I can't think of any.

Quote:
Yes, there are power hungry bullies on police forces who will hassle you just because they can. Things won't go better for you when you run into one like that if you stand on your rights and refuse to show I.D.

"Things" might go better for me in that I could kowtow and maybe be allowed to go on my way, but it would leave my grandchildren still dealing with that 'I'm the government, so I'm entitled' mentality.   Libertarians think about the future since we know we can't legalize freedom overnight.

Don't forget that guy who literally crawled and begged for his life and was shot five times for moving his hand the wrong way.   

Quote:
If you want to fight against them, remember their names and report them. If nothing else, mention them on social media.

I know you are far too busy to watch any video I link you to.  If you did, you would see several examples of citizens attempting to report police and being thwarted at every turn.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 10:38am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:31pm:
Yes, through violence on the picket lines, which is every union's ace in the hole.
In the case of unions of government workers, the real power they have comes from being employed by people who don't actually have to find ways to pay them what they ask for, they can just use other people's tax money or borrow against the taxpayers future.

If private employees do things like bad cops do, they get fired and/or arrested, if for no other reason than they ruin the reputation of their employer. Difficult as is is to get rid of people being protected by union monopoly power in the private sector, it still happens, because private employers are motivated enough to jump through all the government/union hoops necessary to fire a bad employee.

Governments have no similar motivation to get rid of bad unionized government employees, so they rarely even try.

BTW, picket line violence is out of fashion. Too many people have cameras and union violence all over YouTube would look bad.

Besides, U.S. labor law stacks the deck far enough in favor of unions that they rarely have to even go on strike to get what they want. In the case of unions of government employees, all they have to do is promise to keep supporting their employers with political donations and volunteers to help them get re-elected. That is enough to get them a raise and a better pension or a reduction in their retirement age or all of the above.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 10:43am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 11:31pm:
I know you are far too busy to watch any video I link you to.  If you did, you would see several examples of citizens attempting to report police and being thwarted at every turn.

I am aware of such problems already. They don't exist in my county, where we elect our Sheriff and can stop by his office and talk to him pretty easily.

Fact is, all of the problems you have identified and complain about exist primarily in large cities that have had "progressive" machine governments for generations and where the Mayor appoints the Chief of Police to work for the Mayor, not for the citizens.

The real problem isn't "police" but bad crony government being in control of the police.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy