Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union (Read 658 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Reply #30 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 10:43am:
I am aware of such problems already. They don't exist in my county, where we elect our Sheriff and can stop by his office and talk to him pretty easily.
Ok, well it's good that you come from this wonderful magical county where police are dedicated public servants who never violate anyone's rights and if they do, the sheriff jumps to correct them.  Just like it's great that Don comes from the magic kingdom of Canada where no matter how long the waiting list is, people's illnesses don't kill them before the government docs have time to treat them. 

Obviously, by citing your own county (which you never name), you can say you know more about it than I do.  In the other 2,999 counties in the U.S., black men have always been treated with contempt by police officers and now in reaction to the civil rights movement, they have begun treating white people the same way. 

Quote:
Fact is, all of the problems you have identified and complain about exist primarily in large cities that have had "progressive" machine governments for generations and where the Mayor appoints the Chief of Police to work for the Mayor, not for the citizens.

The real problem isn't "police" but bad crony government being in control of the police.

The problem is no control of individual police officers.  There is no peer pressure on bad police officers by good police officers to behave more professionally.  Which makes me wonder if these officers who stand by while their co-workers mistreat citizens can really be called "good cops." 

The other problem is the public in the thrall of our current worship of first responders, have not only refused to stand up to police harassment, but have actually praised the police for the harassment.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
If somebody can't support a worker's right to belong to a union, then he can't be a libertarian. That's too big of a compromise of libertarian principles.

This is the main reason why most of you fit the description of pseudo-libertarian.

Jeff seems to get this, even though he's being careful to talk around it.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:38am:
If somebody can't support a worker's right to belong to a union, then he can't be a libertarian. That's too big of a compromise of libertarian principles.

This is the main reason why most of you fit the description of pseudo-libertarian.

Jeff seems to get this, even though he's being careful to talk around it.

Supporting people's right to be in a union does not equal supporting everything every union does.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:54am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:48am:
Supporting people's right to be in a union does not equal supporting everything every union does.

You know that's right now because of our discussions on unions. But I want you to say that you can support a union that operates within the law.

And of course, the union must have teeth and be able to operate within the law. That is, the law that hasn't been 'fixed' by government to make workers' rights non-existent.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:31am:
Ok, well it's good that you come from this wonderful magical county where police are dedicated public servants who never violate anyone's rights and if they do, the sheriff jumps to correct them.  Just like it's great that Don comes from the magic kingdom of Canada where no matter how long the waiting list is, people's illnesses don't kill them before the government docs have time to treat them. 

Obviously, by citing your own county (which you never name), you can say you know more about it than I do.  In the other 2,999 counties in the U.S., black men have always been treated with contempt by police officers and now in reaction to the civil rights movement, they have begun treating white people the same way. 

The problem is no control of individual police officers.  There is no peer pressure on bad police officers by good police officers to behave more professionally.  Which makes me wonder if these officers who stand by while their co-workers mistreat citizens can really be called "good cops." 

The other problem is the public in the thrall of our current worship of first responders, have not only refused to stand up to police harassment, but have actually praised the police for the harassment.

I live in a small rural county. There are lots of them like it or similar. The Sheriff does control his officers, people do complain, and most people treat the Sheriffs as people and vice versa. Sheriffs are required to live in the county. We have black Sheriffs and white Sheriffs, black citizens and white citizens.

It is not a magical county, it just isn't anything like you say the other  3006 counties in the U.S. are like. Police in the U.S. aren't all like Chicago police or Baltimore police.

I maintain bad cops are a political problem, not a police problem.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:34pm:
I live in a small rural county. There are lots of them like it or similar. The Sheriff does control his officers, people do complain, and most people treat the Sheriffs as people and vice versa. Sheriffs are required to live in the county. We have black Sheriffs and white Sheriffs, black citizens and white citizens.

It is not a magical county, it just isn't anything like you say the other  3006 counties in the U.S. are like. Police in the U.S. aren't all like Chicago police or Baltimore police.

I maintain bad cops are a political problem, not a police problem.

Well said Jeff! Your social responsibility is on display. But trying to say that your county is different from all the others just doesn't sell. So even though you are far from the majority, you're still not the only one.

Yes, bad cops are a political problem. It's just too bad you have no answers for correcting the problem.

I do so stay tuned sweet ass!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 11:31am:
Ok, well it's good that you come from this wonderful magical county where police are dedicated public servants who never violate anyone's rights and if they do, the sheriff jumps to correct them.
Here's what I'm talking about. 73% of U.S. counties don't have homicides. They are places like the county I live in. The police and the citizens get along pretty well.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/26/us-murders-concentrated-in-5-percent-counti...

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 2:31pm:
Here's what I'm talking about. 73% of U.S. counties don't have homicides. They are places like the county I live in. The police and the citizens get along pretty well.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/26/us-murders-concentrated-in-5-percent-counti...

All US counties have homicides and you can bet your sweet ass on that 'my' boy!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 2:38pm:
All US counties have homicides and you can bet your sweet ass on that 'my' boy!
Tell the FBI, they are the one's responsible for the Uniform Crime Reports.

If you know of an unreported homicide and haven't reported it, you can be charged with a real crime.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Dec 30th, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 4:48pm:
Tell the FBI, they are the one's responsible for the Uniform Crime Reports.

If you know of an unreported homicide and haven't reported it, you can be charged with a real crime.

I told the FBI and they said there was no county in the land of the gun where there hasn't been a homicide.

Then they asked me if you were still threatening violence with your gun. I tolk them you wer being good and generous with your sweet ass. If I smell pig scent on you again I'll tell them you're being a bad boy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Shocking Behavior by Chicago Police Union
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy