Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian New Year's Resolution: "Exercise" Your Rights!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Libertarian New Year's Resolution: "Exercise" Your Rights! (Read 583 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Libertarian New Year's Resolution: "Exercise" Your Rights!
Reply #60 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:09pm:
Actually, I tend to favor this creation story, but I don't thinks it's been proven to be true...

http://dept.cs.williams.edu/~lindsey/myths/myths_12.html

As creation myths go, that's a good contender. They all depend on some such myth and they're all sophisticated to the degree of knowledge held by those who make them up.

This is why the bible needs to be throw out, with all it's myths of big boats full of animals, people with wings, water walking, etc., etc., and a new book be discovered by somebody that explains it from the pov of science today.

Here's a Christain idea that's similar in a lot of ways to the turtle.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=picture+of+earth+held+up+by+firmament&rlz=1C1GGGE...

Gen 1:2 means it's from the bible doesn't it?

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:18pm:
As creation myths go, that's a good contender. They all depend on some such myth and they're all sophisticated to the degree of knowledge held by those who make them up.

This is why the bible needs to be throw out, with all it's myths of big boats full of animals, people with wings, water walking, etc., etc., and a new book be discovered by somebody that explains it from the pov of science today.

Here's a Christain idea that's similar in a lot of ways to the turtle.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=picture+of+earth+held+up+by+firmament&rlz=1C1GGGE...

Gen 1:2 means it's from the bible doesn't it?

There are lots and lots of creation myths. To be fair, you would have to destroy them all...
To be honest, you'd have to understand that Believers would pass them on orally if you did manage to erase all recorded traces of them.

Do you suppose you have an authoritarian outlook on everything because you have no Faith (except in the science of men), or is it your Authoritarian Religion that requires you to be an Atheist?

Edit: You won't make many libertarian friends by advocating book burning...

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:27pm:
There are lots and lots of creation myths. To be fair, you would have to destroy them all...
To be honest, you'd have to understand that Believers would pass them on orally if you did manage to erase all recorded traces of them.

Do you suppose you have an authoritarian outlook on everything because you have no Faith (except in the science of men), or is it your Authoritarian Religion that requires you to be an Atheist?

Edit: You won't make many libertarian friends by advocating book burning...

I'm just saying that your religion began out of ignorance and lack of even the basest of knowledge of the earth. It's been necessary for it to revise itself over time. That proves it's bullshit and not the inerrant word of the sky fairy.

I don't consider this discussion to be going anywhere serious with you now. Talk to yourself if you don't want to behave.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:32pm:
I'm just saying that your religion...
I'm not religious.

I pay close enough attention to know that, as far as science can tell, the earliest hominids might have fallen from the sky.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #64 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:38pm:
I'm not religious.

I pay close enough attention to know that, as far as science can tell, the earliest hominids might have fallen from the sky.

They likely had angel wings so they didn't really fall. They sort of floated down.

On the serious side, the earliest hominids are pretty well known now. There is no 'missing link' because the term isn't used correctly. There is no 'one' link, it's a matter of gradual change.

Our knowledge of DNA has explained it completely, even down to the difference in the number of chromosones in our DNA and that of chimps.

That should have spelt the end of the debate over creation vs. evolution. It can only be denial of the facts that keeps it going, even in the semi-serious way burnsred does it.

And you sweet ass, you're good entertainment sometimes, even though you'll always be worth something to me because of your sweet parts!

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:48pm:
On the serious side, the earliest hominids are pretty well known now. There is no 'missing link' because the term isn't used correctly. There is no 'one' link, it's a matter of gradual change.

In fact the changes at times were abrupt.

No matter.

Whether it happened gradually or abruptly is not known, because there is no evidence of what the earliest hominids might have evolved from, no matter how it might have happened.

Scientists will probably be able to make a convincing case that hominids didn't branch off from sharks, but they can say nothing of any of our potential ancestors beyond the earliest hominids. No one knows. They might have fallen from the sky.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #66 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 8:09am:
I think it's become necessary for people in Kalifornia to use civil disobedience to recover the idea of a Right to freedom of speech-

http://reason.com/volokh/2017/12/29/calif-prosecuting-man-for-insulting-post

Libertarians living in Kalifornia should take the lead.
Isn't this more what this thread is about?

If California violates people's rights, is not the national government obligated to step in and protect them?

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #67 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:52pm:
Isn't this more what this thread is about?

If California violates people's rights, is not the national government obligated to step in and protect them?
Shoot, I just had a better idea! They could combine the million person safe open carry rally with the Right to freedom of speech rally.

Isn't that a great idea?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #68 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:45pm:
In fact the changes at times were abrupt.

No matter.

Whether it happened gradually or abruptly is not known, because there is no evidence of what the earliest hominids might have evolved from, no matter how it might have happened.

Scientists will probably be able to make a convincing case that hominids didn't branch off from sharks, but they can say nothing of any of our potential ancestors beyond the earliest hominids. No one knows. They might have fallen from the sky.

Science knows all those answer but you don't know so you think nobody else does. Stop reading bible shit and read something that will enlighten you. Try Richard Dawkins and you won't continue to say stupid things you know nothing about.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 6:07pm:
Science knows all those answer but you don't know so you think nobody else does.
I don't know shit about it except what I read in the literature. Nobody has found a direct ancestor for any of the earliest hominids. They might have fallen from the sky.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Libertarian New Year's Resolution: "Exercise" Your Rights!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy