Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › New Trump Executive Order.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New Trump Executive Order. (Read 421 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

New Trump Executive Order.
Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2017/12/28/new-trump-executive-order-good-move-or-g...

The link tells what it is all about and it's questioned in Ron Paul's Liberty Report.

The comments show pretty definitively how libertarians at antiwar.com feel about Trump's move.

In my opinion, out of desperation for his slipping credibility he is trying to express power he doesn't really have.

Like a cornered rat, Trump is going to try to strike out in defense of himself because he understands that Mueller is getting close to bringing him down.

Trump can't fire Mueller because his handlers have warned him that's not going to work. But Trump may take the matter into his own hands and do it anyway. He's a psychopath and that disabling trait will give him confidence in himself that says he can't be wrong.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Re: New Trump Executive Order.
Reply #1 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2017/12/28/new-trump-executive-order-good-move-or-g...

The link tells what it is all about and it's questioned in Ron Paul's Liberty Report.

The comments show pretty definitively how libertarians at antiwar.com feel about Trump's move.

In my opinion, out of desperation for his slipping credibility he is trying to express power he doesn't really have.

Like a cornered rat, Trump is going to try to strike out in defense of himself because he understands that Mueller is getting close to bringing him down.

Trump can't fire Mueller because his handlers have warned him that's not going to work. But Trump may take the matter into his own hands and do it anyway. He's a psychopath and that disabling trait will give him confidence in himself that says he can't be wrong.

If Obama had done that you'd applaud it, Democrat mouth piece

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
So, what does this EO actually say?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #3 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 2:49pm:
So, what does this EO actually say?

Yes, the article was useless, so I looked it up.

Basically it says that if non-US citizens are involved in human rights violations overseas, we can seize their assets here.  See my point that liberals would totally support it if Obama had done that?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 2:54pm:

Basically it says that if non-US citizens are involved in human rights violations overseas, we can seize their assets here.  See my point that liberals would totally support it if Obama had done that?

Oh, you are right, this will be a litmus test.  Lefties will hate it, righties will be fine with it and they'd all have the opposite opinion if the president were a Dem.

Seems likely to be illegal but I could probably be convinced otherwise by someone that knows the law and constitution better than I.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Basically it says that if non-US citizens are involved in human rights violations overseas, we can seize their assets here.

Not that I support the order, but does opposition to this mean it's okay for a Chinese sweat shop to beat its workers to death and sell us goods so cheap we can't compete?

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #6 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:14pm:
Oh, you are right, this will be a litmus test.  Lefties will hate it, righties will be fine with it and they'd all have the opposite opinion if the president were a Dem.

Seems likely to be illegal but I could probably be convinced otherwise by someone that knows the law and constitution better than I. 

I agree.  I pointed out liberals would support it under Obama because it was Don the Troll who opposed it under Trump.  But I agree Republicans will probably be OK with it and they would oppose it under Obama as well.

I don't have a strong feeling on it since we are talking about non-Citizens who don't have Constitutional rights.  I tend to distrust any President taking that kind of power though

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
I agree.  I pointed out liberals would support it under Obama because it was Don the Troll who opposed it under Trump.  But I agree Republicans will probably be OK with it and they would oppose it under Obama as well.

I don't have a strong feeling on it since we are talking about non-Citizens who don't have Constitutional rights.  I tend to distrust any President taking that kind of power though
Here we are again, looking at the real damage caused by the inclusion of a bill of rights in the Constitution.

Your's is a nationalist view.

The classical liberal idea is Natural Rights, God given Rights, Human Rights...

The idea of our Constitution is to obligate the national government to protect Rights. The Constitution was pretty carefully constructed so as to give the national government no power to interfere with Rights, but the necessary powers to protect them.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:08pm:
Here we are again, looking at the real damage caused by the inclusion of a bill of rights in the Constitution.

Your's is a nationalist view

Smiley

Say what?  What are you babbling about?

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2017 at 5:20pm
Print Post  

Basically it says that if non-US citizens are involved in human rights violations overseas, we can seize their assets here.
"Human rights violations" these days could mean almost anything.

I think they are getting ready to seize George Soros' assets. Lets hope they use them to pay down the debt. Don't bet on it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › New Trump Executive Order.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy