Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › New Trump Executive Order.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New Trump Executive Order. (Read 420 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: New Trump Executive Order.
Reply #40 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 12:17pm:
Rights and freedoms are totally dependent on the country in which you live. There are no rights that can be common to people of all countries.

Canada and the US did have a lot of rights in common but the US is gradually losing many of those rights and freedoms and that has caused a divided country, irrational political parties to spring up such as this one being contemplated, and a very unhappy population.

Look to Europe's more progressive countries for examples of how to begin to regain your rights.
Give one single example of a right that they have in Europe that we need to regain here.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:00pm:
Give one single example of a right that they have in Europe that we need to regain here.

The right to happiness. I'm not saying this to cause you anger burnsred, I'm saying it to perhaps lead you to finding some solutions for the horrible corruption your country is completely immersed in now.

And I'm not making it up either burnsred my friend, I'm getting it directly from you and your fellow libertarians and pseudo-libertarians.

Can you name a right or freedom that is actually granted to people of all countries with no exceptions? Not a right they may claim but is actually granted?

Get back to me, I'm rather busy with the new member right now. And happy new year to you and yours too!

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #42 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:07pm:
The right to happiness. I'm not saying this to cause you anger burnsred, I'm saying it to perhaps lead you to finding some solutions for the horrible corruption your country is completely immersed in now.

And I'm not making it up either burnsred my friend, I'm getting it directly from you and your fellow libertarians and pseudo-libertarians.

Can you name a right or freedom that is actually granted to people of all countries with no exceptions? Not a right they may claim but is actually granted?

Get back to me, I'm rather busy with the new member right now. And happy new year to you and yours too!

It cracks me up how when someone new comes you comb your hair and put on your best shirt.  It doesn't fool anyone

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:15pm:
It cracks me up how when someone new comes you comb your hair and put on your best shirt.  It doesn't fool anyone

It gives me an opportunity to be me and start again to express hope. If you're worried about my pleasant demeanour then I would suggest that's not my problem. Whose problem is it kaz?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:07pm:

Thanks, Don.  "The right to happiness."  Real specific of you.

You mistake wanting to improve things with being miserable.  I lived in Europe for many years, and I can truthfully say they are the most unhappy people I've ever met in my life.  They hate their jobs because their "station" in life was set early though their education system.  They hate being "on the dole" but they have no incentive to find a job just to hate it.  They hate their government for letting in immigrants and they hate the immigrants for coming in and not immediately becoming miserable Europeans (obviously Canada avoids this problem). 

They hate being dependent on the U.S. and they hate not having the guts to get out of dependency.  Northern Europeans get fat from drinking beer all day long just to tolerate their jobs.  Southern Europeans are basically Mexicans without the work ethic and the optimism and the hot women.

The one exception to the above is Rome in which one can sit at a sidewalk cafe and watch beautiful women walk by in a constant stream.  But this only seems to make the average Euro male even sadder.

Just out of curiosity, where in the world did you get the idea that Europeans are happy, much less have a guaranteed right to happiness?

And no, there is no right guaranteed by ever country or any country.  Rights are natural, not granted by government. 

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #45 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:31pm:
Thanks, Don.  "The right to happiness."  Real specific of you

As someone who's worked in Europe, they get happiness by not working hard, not caring about their jobs and not caring about their employers.  I was working in a Dutch business trying to improve profit margins for their American parent and I was really the only one there who cared.  They get paid for years if they get laid off

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Dec 29th, 2017 at 3:14pm:
Seems likely to be illegal but I could probably be convinced otherwise by someone that knows the law and constitution better than I. 
It looks to me like an act of war.

Is that what it actually says? That the President can steal anyone's property unless they have been "extended" rights by the American People through our Constitution?

Another fake news hoax I think...

Wasn't The Czech Republic going to seize Soro's assets? What's holding them back? The fact that Donald wants them?

Edit: Where is Putin on this? Is there a current Russia Today article about it?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 1:31pm:
Thanks, Don.  "The right to happiness."  Real specific of you.

You mistake wanting to improve things with being miserable.  I lived in Europe for many years, and I can truthfully say they are the most unhappy people I've ever met in my life.  They hate their jobs because their "station" in life was set early though their education system.  They hate being "on the dole" but they have no incentive to find a job just to hate it.  They hate their government for letting in immigrants and they hate the immigrants for coming in and not immediately becoming miserable Europeans (obviously Canada avoids this problem). 

They hate being dependent on the U.S. and they hate not having the guts to get out of dependency.  Northern Europeans get fat from drinking beer all day long just to tolerate their jobs.  Southern Europeans are basically Mexicans without the work ethic and the optimism and the hot women.

The one exception to the above is Rome in which one can sit at a sidewalk cafe and watch beautiful women walk by in a constant stream.  But this only seems to make the average Euro male even sadder.

Just out of curiosity, where in the world did you get the idea that Europeans are happy, much less have a guaranteed right to happiness?

And no, there is no right guaranteed by ever country or any country.  Rights are natural, not granted by government. 

I offer this link as a source for my information.

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/worlds-happiest-countries-united-nations-2017/...

Granted, it is all a big lie and a conspiracy that's designed to pull the US down, so I don't expect you will believe a word of it.

why burnsred, if it was saying that Canada had dropped to 14th. then I might whine and cray about the UN saying such things too!

But I also might want to know what the hell happened to make it so awful?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:30pm:
I offer this link as a source for my information.

http://www.cnn.com/travel/article/worlds-happiest-countries-united-nations-2017/...

Granted, it is all a big lie and a conspiracy that's designed to pull the US down, so I don't expect you will believe a word of it.

Correct.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:59pm:
Correct.

And so I  can mark this one down to another debate with burnsred in which he ran away from the facts. It's too easy burnsred when you don't at least try to hold up that which makes your country corrupt and out of touch with the rest of the modern and progressive world.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › New Trump Executive Order.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy