Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › 2017 - A Year Of Lies, Fake News, and More Lies
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 2017 - A Year Of Lies, Fake News, and More Lies (Read 174 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: 2017 - A Year Of Lies, Fake News, and More Lies
Reply #10 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 12:44pm:
Libertarians opposed The Donald from the get go, and Hillary too, and Bernie and almost all the others who wanted to be President.

That's not news. What is news is the seemingly endless perfidy of our "legacy" news media who are trying to act like Pravda and report only the Party Line.

Talking to me you get a chance to hear some unbiased stuff. Well, at least mostly but I'm still going to lean left.

The main point I'm making is that Trump has no friends now. He's always been hated by the Dems of course and that has nothing to do with his mental illness. That's just US politics to hate the other party's president and so they will impeach him if they can obviously.

The Republicans want him gone because he's almost certainly going to destroy their chances.

The FBI wants his ass because of his firing of Comey and also because they believe what Comey has said. Comey was 100% truthful and that means Trump has to be seen as corrupt and unsuitable for the job. That's the clincher. If you believe Comey then you have to believe Trump is more corrupt than Nixon!

The rest of the Deep state needs him gone because they are onside with what was exposed by Comey.

Mueller will put it all together at an opportune time in order to hurt the GOP the most. I'm not sure how long that needs to be before an election but I suspect no more than 3 or 4 months.

Why in hell would any libertarian want to deny any of this? The only reason I can see is that they lean right.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 30th, 2017 at 3:05pm:
Lies and Fake News.  We sure got a boatload of it this past year. 

Since Nixon, Presidents have lied to the American people. So has the news media. We've grown somewhat accustomed to it over the years.

But this year - KaPoW!  they blind-sided us.  CNN, Washington Post, NYT, MSNBC, et al. - they just fabricated so much BS, very few people take them seriously.  I now use these news outlets as a scource for entertainment, rather than a scource of news.

And then there's Trump.  He sneaks some truths in once in while, but holy cow, its really hard to take him seriously.  Most of his commentary seems to be driven by hubris and bravado. 

In a 6 minute rally speech, he used the word tremendous SIXTEEN times.

Since before Nixon really but that's just picking nits.  I agree, Trump can't seem to string two sentences together with out getting something completely wrong and the mainstream media is really revealing how in the bag for the Dems they are.  And then there's the GOP....

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 2:06pm:
...Trump can't seem to string two sentences together with out getting something completely wrong and the mainstream media is really revealing how in the bag for the Dems they are.  And then there's the GOP....

The visage of modern politics is awful and it just gets worse.  That's why now is such an important time to spread libertarian ideology.   A good percentage of Dems and Reps already think like a libertarian - they just don't know it.

"There are still many Americans who do not have a clear sense of what “libertarian” means, and our surveys find that, on many issues, the views among people who call themselves libertarian do not differ much from those of the overall public."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/08/25/in-search-of-libertarians/

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 2:06pm:
Since before Nixon really but that's just picking nits.  I agree, Trump can't seem to string two sentences together with out getting something completely wrong and the mainstream media is really revealing how in the bag for the Dems they are.  And then there's the GOP....

Is the mainstream media in the bag for the Dems? Our CBC seems to be but it's for quite logical reasons when they do show bias. I think it's just a question of how in hell can anybody not be opposed to Trump?

It's a lot more than his inability to string two sentences together. Just in case you were trying to minimize it for him.

We're both aware of the attraction to Trump that Raimondo has bought into. I'm suggesting that even he is wrong on Trump. As sad as that is because I would love to have hope in Trump being honest on better relations with Russia.

There's lots to talk about if you're interested.

Frankly, I can't believe that the deep state doesn't already have something in the works with which to destroy Trump. It has to be that they have total confidence in Mueller if it doesn't mean that they just don't have all their ducks lined up yet so they can 'begin shooting', rhetorically speaking or not?

I'm always interested in your thoughts when you keep it on a serious note.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
I wasn't trying to minimize it but it was poorly phrased.  Trump doesn't care about the Truth, its hard for me to tell if he's lying(knows he's wrong) or just wrong and doesn't care.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:10pm:
I wasn't trying to minimize it but it was poorly phrased.  Trump doesn't care about the Truth, its hard for me to tell if he's lying(knows he's wrong) or just wrong and doesn't care.

I accept you weren't trying to minimize anything for Trump, and I didn't mean it as an accusation.

All I can say is that I think I see Trump as less of a mystery than a lot of people. I can't judge your ability in that respect so I can't say if it's more or less for me as concerns you.

I think I could get into an indepth opinion of what makes Trump tick if anybody is interested in such a discussion.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Ego makes him tick, even money just serves his ego.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 3:10pm:
Yes, I alternate between thinking he's dangerously clever or dangerously stupid. Then I think "What might he have to do to outwit and destroy the Deep State?"... Or is he making deals to enslave the entire world under him?

Does he have any friends?

Does anybody remember Bebe Rebozo?

Sometimes knowing something of a mans friends gives you a sense of the sort of person they are.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:27pm:
Does anybody remember Bebe Rebozo?

I'm pretty sure I've never heard of him before now, which is amazing considering his name was Bebe Rebozo.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 4:30pm:
I'm pretty sure I've never heard of him before now, which is amazing considering his name was Bebe Rebozo.
Bebe was a nickname. I can't remember ever hearing his real first name.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › 2017 - A Year Of Lies, Fake News, and More Lies
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy