Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › 18 States greet workers into new year by causing them to get fired
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 18 States greet workers into new year by causing them to get fired (Read 679 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: 18 States greet workers into new year by causing them to get fired
Reply #10 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 4:27pm:
I've become pretty good at it. I know what sort of things to listen and look for.

I'll give it a shot in your case...

You aren't worth a shit.

Your ideas are incoherently evil. You speak evil and have evil ideas.

You disrupt any useful discussion of ideas for re-limiting our government and increasing our liberty. Instead, you vilely insult the ideas of Liberty and of America and Americans. 

Sounds pretty accurate.  You're right, you are good at determining the worth of human beings

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
I've become pretty good at it. I know what sort of things to listen and look for.

I'll give it a shot in your case...

You aren't worth a shit.

Your ideas are incoherently evil. You speak evil and have evil ideas.

You disrupt any useful discussion of ideas for re-limiting our government and increasing our liberty. Instead, you vilely insult the ideas of Liberty and of America and Americans. 

I love it when you talk dirty to me. That's what's so sweet about you.
Pick you up at 12:30 after I'm through with my other date. And I'll have you home  by 1 a.m.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 5:30pm:
I love it when you talk dirty to me.
How do you feel about me saying your  thoughts are evil?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 5:40pm:
How do you feel about me saying your  thoughts are evil?

Your sweet cheeks don't think I'm so evil. How about telling us about that county where people don't shoot others people dead?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 4:42pm:
Sounds pretty accurate.  You're right, you are good at determining the worth of human beings

If you've run 5 businesses then tell us what happened to 4 of them? And is currently happening to the fifth?

With an attitude like yours toward employees, it's pretty obvious what happened.

It was the workers' fault you've said in the past but that leads one to wonder if it was your fault for not hiring good workers?

I don't. You've said enough about your businesses for us to know that it wasn't the workers' fault. And you've made it pretty clear what kind of an attitude you have toward employees haven't you.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Desiderius, here are Kaz's words on how he thinks of the human beings he says he hires:

Quote:
Yes, 18 States are raising the minimum wage on January 1.  The minimum wage when you think about it is one of the most cruel and pointless of all government programs.  It serves no purpose but getting workers fired.

So think about it.  If you are an employer (I've owned five businesses), you can hire one employee for $7.25 an hour, or a better employee for $10 an hour.  If option A serves my needs for the job, I hire the first worker.  If government takes away that option, I fire them and hire employee B.  Simple logic dictates that.

But no kaz, you're supposed to take home less money, not fire people.  No, I'm not doing that.

Oh, I also automate, outsource and streamline and get rid of other employees to fund the higher wages I need to pay.

And who needs a job to develop skills more than a low end worker?  It's for the left about government dependency.  You want a worker who betters himself if you're a leftist?  No, you want him by the short hairs, you want him dependent on government.

It's all quite true because he's told us over and over again how he feels about people he employs. Is that the kind of libertarian you want to take advice from? He's operated 4 businesses that have been failures and is now in the process of shutting down the fifth because of his inability to pay back wages.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Dec 31st, 2017 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
If you work for minimum wage, you're stealing. You're using the instrument of government force to make the employer pay you more than they are willing to.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 7:02am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 6:30pm:
If you work for minimum wage, you're stealing. You're using the instrument of government force to make the employer pay you more than they are willing to.

Almost everybody gets paid more than the minimum wage, the main exceptions being completely unskilled jobs suitable for people who have never had a job before.

The real crime of minimum wages is it prices first time job seekers out of the market thus preventing them from getting experience and from earning their own money. It's how we end up with 30 year olds living at home with a "resume" that says they have never yet had a job.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 1:11pm
Print Post  

I'm always happy to answer to your charges when they are at least your opinion. When it's just an attempt at insulting then I can't be bothered. And I'm always hopeful you will stand your ground and not start the 'piss off' routine which gets you nothing but the same sort of spam in return.

I have no quarrel with ideas to limit your government but I will continue to point out how most of your ideas are invalid and useless.

I don't vilely insult ideas of liberty or Americans unless said Americans go over the edge with their silly ideas.

I don't insult ideas of what could actually be, I insult nonsense that can never be.

And mainly, I insult that which is in America. If you have a right to bitch and complain about the mess your country's in then you are going to have to hear others talk about the reality of what you're saying.

If you want to try to keep it all a secret then just stop bringing up issues. Better to still bring them up and listen to my ideas on how to change things. Boo hoo!

libertarianism has some answers we can explore together if you're interested. Otherwise just continue to suffer when you step out of line with impossibilities.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Dec 31st, 2017 at 2:08pm:
That's all just too shallow for real libertarianism burnsred, and you just don't want to explore the issue more deeply. Sure some small businesses fail because of their inability to pay wages. I would suggest that most of those small businesses weren't viable to begin with and should have failed.

If they were thriving before the minimum wage was raised and then they failed, they were viable until the government rendered them nonviable.  in a case like that, the minimum wage is proven to actually be zero, which is all any law can require an employer to pay people.  So how did those worker benefit by going from $7.25 per hour to $0.00 per hour?

Quote:
You won't entertain the idea that some businesses make millions or even billions while paying their workers less than minimum wage. Or more correctly, less then their ability to pay, which of course would result in decent standards of living for workers.

If employers are paying less than the minimum wage, then that tells you how worthless minimum wage laws are. 

When they are enforced, they do way more harm than good.  If, for example, McDonald's were to be forced to pay the same salary to a new burger-flipping trainee as they pay their HR managers at corporate headquarters, or their computer techs or their mechanics who maintain their fleet of trucks, they would have two choices in how to fund that mandate.  They  could pass that cost on to consumers, pricing their burgers out of the market and resulting in mass layoffs.  The other option is that they would have to forego profits for the foreseeable future and operate at a loss which would offer no incentive whatsoever for them to do the work required to manage such a large operation.

Speaking of large operations, that particular operation - the McDonald's Corporation - packages, delivers, prepares and serves low-cost, good-tasting, highly caloric food to hundreds of millions of poor and working class people without taking a dime from taxpayers.  No government operation comes close to that kind of social responsibility. 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › 18 States greet workers into new year by causing them to get fired
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy