Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert. (Read 553 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Jan 1st, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2018 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
I like to put people on the spot who post articles without their own opinions.

The Secretary General says that "nationalism and xenophobia are on the rise".

Are these things immoral? If so, are they immoral for everyone?

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 6:44pm:

I like to put people on the spot for putting people on the spot for not expressing their own opinions who don't express their own opinions about what they are putting people on the spot about.

What do you think about the questions you asked lizard?

Are you asking me to teach you, or to tell you what your opinions on nationalism and xenophobia should be?

If you beg me, and are sufficiently humble while begging, I might teach you what you seem eager to know.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 1st, 2018 at 6:44pm:

I can answer for Don since he seems to have missed your question.  He would say, "No, not for everyone!  It is fine for Canada to limit immigration to stay much whiter than the U.S.  It's only bad when the U.S. does it because everything the U.S. does is bad."

Don is an America hating American who pretends to be Canadian so he doesn't look like a douche who hates his own country.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 1:35am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 8:44pm:
I can answer for Don since he seems to have missed your question.  He would say, "No, not for everyone!  It is fine for Canada to limit immigration to stay much whiter than the U.S.  It's only bad when the U.S. does it because everything the U.S. does is bad."

Don is an America hating American who pretends to be Canadian so he doesn't look like a douche who hates his own country.

I want him to answer, not because I think he's wrong, but because I think he's right.

I can see that nationalism and xenophobia are allowed for some and not others. I just want to know why. This isn't something one crazy moonbat believes; it's something pretty much everyone does.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:15am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 1:35am:
I want him to answer, not because I think he's wrong, but because I think he's right.

I can see that nationalism and xenophobia are allowed for some and not others. I just want to know why. This isn't something one crazy moonbat believes; it's something pretty much everyone does.
It's part of that liberty stuff lizard, and there isn't really any way to change it by forbidding it. Some people just have nationalistic and/or xenophobic ideas. The root of it is tribalism.
Examples from history indicate it's a good idea not to allow governments to act on xenophobic or nationalistic ideas such as killing all the 'others'.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 8:44pm:

I find it interesting that some of you are trying to make it so. You think I'm pretending to not be an American because that would make me a hater of my own country?

Why would I do that? Out of fear of police action or government action against me for expressing unpopular opinions?

Look, I've admitted being in New Jersey so why not just accept that?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:15am:
It's part of that liberty stuff lizard, and there isn't really any way to change it by forbidding it. Some people just have nationalistic and/or xenophobic ideas. The root of it is tribalism.

Do you consider Israel tribalist? I think it's obvious they've moved beyond that, but they're allowed the same sorts of viewpoints, only those viewpoints are not tribalistic or nationalistic in a bad sense.

My question is how Israel got to be so enlightened. Shouldn't that sort of enlightenment be everyone's goal?

If the same act or view is wrong/primitive for some and advanced/enlightened for others because they're just on a higher level morally, shouldn't we all strive to be like the more morally advanced people? Not necessarily so we can engage in those actions, but simply for morality's own sake.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 12:58pm:
I find it interesting that some of you are trying to make it so. You think I'm pretending to not be an American because that would make me a hater of my own country?

Why would I do that? Out of fear of police action or government action against me for expressing unpopular opinions?

Look, I've admitted being in New Jersey so why not just accept that?

I actually did not know you had admitted that.  So you're from Joisey, huh?   Sorry, lame joke. 

I've only driven through New Jersey a couple of times and I saw nothing wrong with it. 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:55pm:
Do you consider Israel tribalist? I think it's obvious they've moved beyond that, but they're allowed the same sorts of viewpoints, only those viewpoints are not tribalistic or nationalistic in a bad sense.

My question is how Israel got to be so enlightened.
My theory is that modern Jews have accepted Jesus' message of love and forgiveness, which was a sort of Reformation for them. Some of them. All the worlds religions are divided into sects and factions within themselves. There are still very orthodox Jews around, just as their are very orthodox Christians and Muslims. All will agree that my orthodoxy is superior!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy