Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert. (Read 391 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Reply #10 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:55pm:
If the same act or view is wrong/primitive for some and advanced/enlightened for others because they're just on a higher level morally, shouldn't we all strive to be like the more morally advanced people?
fooch

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:02pm:
My theory is that modern Jews have accepted Jesus' message of love and forgiveness, which was a sort of Reformation for them. Some of them. All the worlds religions are divided into sects and factions within themselves. There are still very orthodox Jews around, just as their are very orthodox Christians and Muslims. All will agree that my orthodoxy is superior!

So you agree with my assessment: Israel is allowed to basically like-prefer because they're on a higher moral level.

Whereas, for example, if, instead of Jews preferring Jews, it was a traditionally Swedish state wanting to remain ethnically and/or culturally Swedish, it'd be really, really bad, and really, really extremely unacceptable.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:38am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 11:49pm:
So you agree with my assessment: Israel is allowed to basically like-prefer because they're on a higher moral level.

Whereas, for example, if, instead of Jews preferring Jews, it was a traditionally Swedish state wanting to remain ethnically and/or culturally Swedish, it'd be really, really bad, and really, really extremely unacceptable.
I really don't know what you're talking about.
Israel promised at it's founding to be a haven for Jews who, traditionally around the world, were being persecuted and killed.
What does that have to do with Swedes?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:38am:
Israel promised at it's founding to be a haven for Jews who, traditionally around the world, were being persecuted and killed.
What does that have to do with Swedes?

Israel is an evil apartheid state and for that reason it's evil  regime should be pushed into the sea.

A correct translation of Ahmadinejad's words prove him right.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 12:09pm:

Israel is an evil apartheid state and for that reason it's evilĀ  regime should be pushed into the sea.

A correct translation of Ahmadinejad's words prove him right.

The world is gearing up for war, and you want to hurry it along. That's evil!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:38am:

All I'm saying is that there is nothing wrong with this.

Mexico's constitution even includes a bit about how the population can't be displaced. Nothing wrong with that either, right?

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 3:27pm:
All I'm saying is that there is nothing wrong with this.

Mexico's constitution even includes a bit about how the population can't be displaced. Nothing wrong with that either, right?
We have an even better thing in our Law, we are free and the government can't take our property except for a very few specific purposes.

Every sane nation tries to provide the means of excluding barbarians from their society... Unless their society is aiding and abetting barbarians, or maybe producing them.

Can you imagine such things? In the 21st Century? What a disappointment.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 4:18pm:
We have an even better thing in our Law, we are free and the government can't take our property except for a very few specific purposes.

Every sane nation tries to provide the means of excluding barbarians from their society... Unless their society is aiding and abetting barbarians, or maybe producing them.

Can you imagine such things? In the 21st Century? What a disappointment.

Why don't you shut the ^%$& up with irrelevant nonsense and answer the question?

Is there anything wrong with Israel being a Jewish state?

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 10:19pm:
Why don't you shut the ^%$& up with irrelevant nonsense and answer the question?

Is there anything wrong with Israel being a Jewish state?

It is horribly wrong or Israel to be a Jewish state. Just like it would be horribly wrong for North Dakota to be a white state or South Africa to be a Black state.

A state dedicated to the perpetuation of a particular religion is an anathema to a libertarian.  Still, if the U.S. were to suddenly become liberarian, it would be wrong to suddenly cut off dependent nations that we have encouraged to become dependent on us. 

So our withdrawal from our foreign entanglements must be gradual, and not sudden.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 4:34am
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 10:58pm:
It is horribly wrong or Israel to be a Jewish state.

I want to hear that from the PC people like Jeff.

Or I'd simply like it explained to me why one is okay and the other isn't. I think we can all agree that South Dakota should not be a white state - as in, for white people. Not in any way, shape, or form. I just don't think everyone is agreeing that what other countries do counts as racism, tribalism, nationalism, or xenophobia.

And I want to know why. If it's explained to me I'll accept it.

I don't have the inbuilt moral compass to understand these things. I'm a psychopath. To me, if X is wrong for Billy, then X is wrong for everyone. I can only understand morality as logic. If it's not phrased as logic I won't understand it. This is not because I don't want to, but because I can't.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy