Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert. (Read 487 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Reply #40 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 7:43am:
Religious discrimination is what only Communist and some Islamic States do these days. Israel does not forbid or exclude other religions. They have a different standard for becoming a citizen for Jews than they do for non-Jews, which isn't any worse than offering sanctuary and citizenship to people from African or Islamic countries who are being systematically persecuted or eliminated.

You're stuck with comparing tyrants with tyrants. You need to rise to a level that you can be proud of and then make comparisons to that.

This is common in the US now where Americans make comparisons to banana republics and then applaud themselves with being better.

The Scandinavian countries can compare themselves to their peers in surrounding countries that are world leaders in social responsibility for their people.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 6:50pm:
This is common in the US now where Americans make comparisons to banana republics and then applaud themselves with being better.
Libertarians are not happy with "progressive" government no matter where it is implemented, and we certainly don't like what the U.S. government has become.

Even "banana Republics" can make improvements in their governments.

Here's how Brazil is doing it-

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa-827.pdf

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #42 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 8:03am:
Libertarians are not happy with "progressive" government no matter where it is implemented, and we certainly don't like what the U.S. government has become.

Even "banana Republics" can make improvements in their governments.

Here's how Brazil is doing it-

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa-827.pdf

You missed the point, or just intentionally dodged it. You need to be able to compare your country the US with other first world countries. The link I provided puts the facts to you directly.

Are you going to do that or are you going to lower your country's status to comparisons to banana republics?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 5:01pm:
fooch

People like you are why people like me can't understand good.

Do you not get that I want to be good? I would prefer to be as good as possible, which means as PC as possible. But I can't understand what I can't understand unless someone explains it to me.

And I don't have that thing where I can believe something on faith. It's inborn, most people have it - which is why most people aren't atheists - and I don't.

I can accept what I see from the behaviour of others that what Israel does is right and doing the same thing for white people would be wrong, but it also seems to me that potential oppression is not an issue. I cannot imagine that you (or any good person) would ever support those kinds of protections for whites, anywhere, no matter how poorly whites were treated or how likely they were to be targets of violence.

So I need it spelled out. Would it ever be okay for whites to do the same thing? If so what would be the criteria in terms of violence and discrimination against them? If not, why not?

I am not arguing. I just need it spelled out in a way most people wouldn't.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #44 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:03am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 4:30pm:
Do you not get that I want to be good? I would prefer to be as good as possible, which means as PC as possible.
Cheesy

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 8:03am:
Cheesy

Aside from the usual bullshit and nonsense he spews, he makes some points that you concede to him by going off like an immature asshole. In that, you and the chief have something in common so fill your boots asshole.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #46 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:57pm:
Aside from the usual bullshit and nonsense he spews, he makes some points that you concede to him by going off like an immature asshole. In that, you and the chief have something in common so fill your boots asshole.
Cheesy

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 2:32pm:
Cheesy

Does that mean you want to terminate the thread? I'm o.k. with that for this one. Others I may not allow you to do that.

Who do you want to impress jeff?

Don't answer that, I already know.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 2:50pm:
Does that mean you want to terminate the thread? I'm o.k. with that for this one. Others I may not allow you to do that.
Nobody seems to care that the world is gearing up for war... More likely, nobody has any idea how to stop it.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #49 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 3:30pm:
Nobody seems to care that the world is gearing up for war... More likely, nobody has any idea how to stop it.

Wrong and wrong again. The US is gearing up for war and the rest of the world wants to prevent it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › UN Secretary-General Puts World on Red Alert.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy