Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea (Read 291 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea
Jan 2nd, 2018 at 11:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Swell, thanks...

Is their an explanation for your stupidity?

Hint: There is, and when you can demonstrate that you have learned at least something relevant to human liberty and can discuss it as an adult, I'll begin to tell you about your most serious problem.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Your subject line is about a wedge between the U.S. and North Korea, but your article is about a wedge between the U.S. and South Korea.

While you work that out, take a look at this from your own article:

President Moon has also been more than willing to navigate around President Trump’s position in trying to get talks going, so it’s perhaps unsurprising that, now that North Korea is more amenable to negotiations, the US may be cut out of the process.

Again, negotiations will be a waste of breath even though we have the best negotiator since Reagan in the White House.  North Korea won't give up their nuclear weapons, those are there to stay.  Under our current interventionist government, the U.S. won't give up its occupation of South Korea.  That's there to stay.  If we had a mainstream politician in the White House, would be lengthy negotiations leading to an agreement not worth the paper it was printed on (to the U.S.) so the president could say that they talks were successful.  Like we got under Clinton.

"Taxes are morally justified theft" - Jeff

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:39am
Print Post  
You just know that the CIA will pull every monkey wrench, carrot, and stick it has out of it's ass to prevent a thaw in North and South Korea relations.  Right Kaz?
http://www.atimes.com/article/south-korea-quick-warm-kims-olympics-icebreaker/

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 4:39am:
You just know that the CIA will pull every monkey wrench, carrot, and stick it has out of it's ass to prevent a thaw in North and South Korea relations.  Right Kaz?
http://www.atimes.com/article/south-korea-quick-warm-kims-olympics-icebreaker/
The fact that the two Korea's are officially at war and that Young Kim wants to extend his authoritarian government over the South is still a problem, mostly because South Koreans will fight to prevent that from happening.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:29am:
The fact that the two Korea's are officially at war and that Young Kim wants to extend his authoritarian government over the South is still a problem, mostly because South Koreans will fight to prevent that from happening.

The problem isn't that the South Koreans would fight to keep that from happening.  That's exactly what the South Koreans should do.  The problem is that the U.S. has encouraged the South to be positive that we will once again spend U.S. blood and treasure defending them.  This from Don's article deserves repeating:

President Moon has also been more than willing to navigate around President Trump’s position in trying to get talks going, so it’s perhaps unsurprising that, now that North Korea is more amenable to negotiations, the US may be cut out of the process.

How great would that be, if Koreans on both sides would simply cut the U.S. out  of the process?  Korea is a hardship tour for U.S. service members, protecting that country is a drain on our economy and now that the Clintons have ensured North Korea's nuclear power, even our civilians are endangered by another of our foreign follies.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 9:39am:
How great would that be, if Koreans on both sides would simply cut the U.S. out  of the process?
It might be wonderful if North Korea would cut China out of it too, but I don't think China will allow that...

Is China willing to have Korea united as a relatively free country under South Korea's type of government?

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:20am:
It might be wonderful if North Korea would cut China out of it too, but I don't think China will allow that...

Is China willing to have Korea united as a relatively free country under South Korea's type of government?

Maybe or maybe not.  They may allow South Korea to maintain some of its economic freedom as they did Hong Kong.  They might even encourage/strongly encourage North Korea to do the same.  Eventually, they would want a United Korea to be very similar to China, I guess, but without the power.  That's pretty much what the U.S. wanted for Europe after our second time saving them from themselves.  I do think that the Kim Dynasty would come to a quick end under Chinese rule. 

I could be wrong about all of that, but all that is beside the point.  The point is for the U.S. to stop playing global babysitter and let taxpayers keep their hard earned money instead of using it to prop up South Korea.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:45am:
Maybe or maybe not.  They may allow South Korea to maintain some of its economic freedom as they did Singapore.  They might even encourage/strongly encourage North Korea to do the same.  Eventually, they would want a United Korea to be very similar to China, I guess, but without the power.  That's pretty much what the U.S. wanted for Europe after our second time saving them from themselves.  I do think that the Kim Dynasty would come to a quick end under Chinese rule. 

I could be wrong about all of that, but all that is beside the point.  The point is for the U.S. to stop playing global babysitter and let taxpayers keep their hard earned money instead of using it to prop up South Korea.

Like Russia, the Chinese have qualms about the US have troops and nukes staioned directly on their border.

It woiuld be like having Russian troops and nukes stationed in Canada and Mexico.

Very recently the US empire moved troops to both the Finnish and Polish borders with Russia, and it continues to patrol the South China Sea as if it were the Gulf of Mexico, right Kaz?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:45am:
Maybe or maybe not.  They may allow South Korea to maintain some of its economic freedom as they did Hong Kong.  They might even encourage/strongly encourage North Korea to do the same.  Eventually, they would want a United Korea to be very similar to China, I guess, but without the power.  That's pretty much what the U.S. wanted for Europe after our second time saving them from themselves.  I do think that the Kim Dynasty would come to a quick end under Chinese rule. 

You've getting quite a bit of it right but 'playing babysitter' is a wrong characterization of what the US is doing.

In every case where the US is established itself in other countries it's for the purpose of extending it's power in order to achieve world hegemony.

Exactly the same as the Nato situation which Trump didn't understand but now does. Nato countries are becoming aware that they don't need to pay the US for the benefits they're providing the US.

This is the chief reason why the demonizing of Russia has been stepped up. The US has to create a demon out of a peaceful country. Russia!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy