Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea (Read 224 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea
Reply #20 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 11:34pm:
Your guess on what the South Korean people would prefer is wrong. Watch the news more and you will learn somethinig more than what you wish will be.

The title contained a typo that you picked up on. There's serious talk of the Korean people's priority being unification and the chances of China being able to use that is indeed becoming reality. That means that excluding the US could actually begin to happen sooner than I've predicted.

There's no use me trying to explain issues to you if you can't rise above what you hope will be, but rather start to look at rational conclusions on  what China will cause to be.

I seriously doubt that South Korea is longing to be like North Korea, but you are welcome to explain what it is about North Korea that makes South Korea so envious. 

Whatever the Koreans and the Chinese want is fine with me if only this part:

Quote:
That means that excluding the US could actually begin to happen sooner than I've predicted.

could ever be true.  Exclude us, please!  Don't be afraid to hurt our feelings.  Tell us we aren't wanted!

Then we can take our expensive equipment and units full of young Americans and bring them to El Rio Grande in case Mexico ever tries to invade.  I'm sure our troops will like the night life in Austin and San Antonio much better than in the Yongsan Garrison.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:48am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:36pm:
Good point, but . . . in the treaty itself, the text reads in part:

ARTICLE VI

This Treaty shall remain in force indefinitely. Either Party may terminate it one year after notice has been given to the other Party.

One year is far shorter than I would envision us taking to free SK from dependency status.  I'd say given them the one year's notice immediately but at the end of that year start a gradual nine year drawdown of military occupation. 

Yes, that is a good point.  Our southern neighbor is ripe for some kind of communist revolution agitated from the outside and Allah knows our northern neighbor wouldn't put up much of a fight against an invading totalitarian force from either China, Russia or a future Caliphate. 

Yes, but I need to give more thought to the issue of being the only free nation on the planet.

I agree, we become less free all the time.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:45am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 9:17am:
I seriously doubt that South Korea is longing to be like North Korea, but you are welcome to explain what it is about North Korea that makes South Korea so envious.

They're not of course but at least you make it clear you don't understand the situation. 

Quote:
Whatever the Koreans and the Chinese want is fine with me if only this part:

could ever be true.  Exclude us, please!  Don't be afraid to hurt our feelings.  Tell us we aren't wanted!

Unfortunately, what you want and your government wants are two opposites.

Quote:
Then we can take our expensive equipment and units full of young Americans and bring them to El Rio Grande in case Mexico ever tries to invade.  I'm sure our troops will like the night life in Austin and San Antonio much better than in the Yongsan Garrison.

This could be the beginning of you actually expressing antiwar sentiments!

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:45am:
They're not of course but at least you make it clear you don't understand the situation. 

So you stand alone in your desire to make the world more like North Korea.

Quote:
Unfortunately, what you want and your government wants are two opposites.

Yes, as is always the case with libertarians.  Remember, being from New Jersey, you should say, "our government" not "your government."

Quote:
This could be the beginning of you actually expressing antiwar sentiments!

Like all real libertarians, I am completely anti-aggression.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 4th, 2018 at 11:18pm:
So you stand alone in your desire to make the world more like North Korea.

Showing you some tough love would be not answering your nonsense. But I will instead just tell you that S.K. is much more intent on unification than more US interference. See RTnews for explanations on why that is. I'm not going to babysit you and bring it to you today. You can know or not know.

[quote]Yes, as is always the case with libertarians.  Remember, being from New Jersey, you should say, "our government" not "your government."

O.k., I will from now on if it pleases you. Be sure to mention if I slip up.

Quote:
Like all real libertarians, I am completely anti-aggression.

No, you'r not but we'll keep you to your word from now on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Kim Could Drive Wedge Between US and North Korea
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy