Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why is There Hunger on Such a Fertile Planet?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why is There Hunger on Such a Fertile Planet? (Read 1364 times)
Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Why is There Hunger on Such a Fertile Planet?
Reply #70 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:55pm:
Cuba has had those non-food famines you talked about continuously since the Communists took over, despite being free to sell their cigars to anyone in the world except Americans.

Cuba has come up with agriculture methods that are gaining the notice of the rest of the world. Out of necessity because of US interference.

I have no interest in discussing the topic when you base your remarks on hate for Cuba and it's people. You diminish yourself by being that way. At least burnsred isn't that way on first glance, but he is because he consciously hides it.

Not saying that you don't have a sweet ass, which I'm always interested in hearing from you about!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:01pm:
Cuba has come up with agriculture methods that are gaining the notice of the rest of the world. Out of necessity because of US interference.
Good for them, but how do you imagine they have been hindered from growing food by U.S. interference? We forced them to buy Russian farm equipment that hardly ever works?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:18pm:
Good for them, but how do you imagine they have been hindered from growing food by U.S. interference? We forced them to buy Russian farm equipment that hardly ever works?

I wasn't suggesting that they had been hindered from growing food through US interference. They learned how to grow food because of US interference.

But then you went and told me of how you think US interference prevented them from growing food, as in not allowing them to have US made farm equipment.

Which of course just more of your ignorant fuking spamming, but I'm used to that by now.

Not suggesting that I don't crave your sweet parts though!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
I wasn't suggesting that they had been hindered from growing food through US interference. They learned how to grow food because of US interference.

It's a good thing then by golly that we interfered... How did they live when they didn't know how to grow food? Are you talking about the first Cubans, the tribes that lived there before Columbus?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 4:05pm:
It's a good thing then by golly that we interfered... How did they live when they didn't know how to grow food? Are you talking about the first Cubans, the tribes that lived there before Columbus?

I'm talking about the period of time between the fall of the US supported Batista regime and until around 2000 when they began to invent new approaches to agriculture.

You can't be a libertarian and support evil just because you need to uphold the lies your country tries to promote.

But then you've never really pretended to be one anyway have you sweet ass.

In any case, it's over for the US in Cuba.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
I'm talking about the period of time between the fall of the US supported Batista regime and until around 2000 when they began to invent new approaches to agriculture.
Ha ha. They went back to plowing with donkeys when all their Russian tractors quit working? That's not a "new " approach anymore than Communist authoritarian government is a "new" approach.
But they are of a piece, both Medieval.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Food riots in "socially responsible" Venezuela-

https://news.trust.org/item/20180112035017-q9adf

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:33am
Print Post  
One of the reasons why there's so many persons that haven't been adequately fed is because some farms and ranches are being used for growing marijuana to sell for "recreation" instead of said farms and ranches being used to grow more food for competitive markets.  While I don't oppose marijuana grown for industrial hemp, and I'd like for sales of medicinal marijuana to be lessened when possible, I do believe that people deserve liberty from addictions (such as "recreational" marijuana).

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #78 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:59am
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:33am:
One of the reasons why there's so many persons that haven't been adequately fed is because some farms and ranches are being used for growing marijuana to sell for "recreation" instead of said farms and ranches being used to grow more food for competitive markets.  While I don't oppose marijuana grown for industrial hemp, and I'd like for sales of medicinal marijuana to be lessened when possible, I do believe that people deserve liberty from addictions (such as "recreational" marijuana).
Do you have any evidence for this?  Marijuana is called weed primarily because its a weed that will grow practically anywhere including land unsuitable for other agricultural uses.  How much crop land has been converted for use in growing marijuana?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:59am:
Do you have any evidence for this?  Marijuana is called weed primarily because its a weed that will grow practically anywhere including land unsuitable for other agricultural uses.  How much crop land has been converted for use in growing marijuana?

Why do you encourage that kind of shit? Why not just put it down as pure nonsense?

The benefit in doing that would be in discouraging such idiots from proposing nonsense.

If it was a case of a stupid individual there could be merit in trying to teach and convince. When it's just another of Oppo's little people it's damaging to the forum.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why is There Hunger on Such a Fertile Planet?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy