Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why is There Hunger on Such a Fertile Planet?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Why is There Hunger on Such a Fertile Planet? (Read 1341 times)
ahhell
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Why is There Hunger on Such a Fertile Planet?
Reply #80 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:00pm:
Why do you encourage that kind of shit? Why not just put it down as pure nonsense?

The benefit in doing that would be in discouraging such idiots from proposing nonsense.

If it was a case of a stupid individual there could be merit in trying to teach and convince. When it's just another of Oppo's little people it's damaging to the forum.

Partially because I'm curious if this nonsense has a source or if its just one guys odd notions.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:05pm:
Partially because I'm curious if this nonsense has a source or if its just one guys odd notions.

Thanks for your answer. You get my point so I hope you can come to a conclusion soon.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #82 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 11:33am:
One of the reasons why there's so many persons that haven't been adequately fed is because some farms and ranches are being used for growing marijuana to sell for "recreation" instead of said farms and ranches being used to grow more food for competitive markets.  While I don't oppose marijuana grown for industrial hemp, and I'd like for sales of medicinal marijuana to be lessened when possible, I do believe that people deserve liberty from addictions (such as "recreational" marijuana).
The price of pot is skyrocketing in Venezuela too.
Maybe pot farmers fed it to their goats because they could get more money for food than for recreational drugs?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #83 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:27pm:
The price of pot is skyrocketing in Venezuela too.
Maybe pot farmers fed it to their goats because they could get more money for food than for recreational drugs?

I commend your treatment of assholes. that's the point I am trying to make with ahhell, sweet parts!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
I commend your treatment of assholes. that's the point I am trying to make with ahhell, sweet parts!
The point we are trying to make is that the problems in Venezuela can be laid squarely at the feet of their "socially responsible government."

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:53pm:
The point we are trying to make is that the problems in Venezuela can be laid squarely at the feet of their "socially responsible government."

On this one I was able to agree on both points of view. Expressly, that there couldn't be a famine without food involved, as well as your and their position on government.

Don't push it on socially responsible government if you want a conversation with me. That wasn't called for even though it can be a topic elsewhere any time you wish.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:00pm:
Why do you encourage that kind of shit? Why not just put it down as pure nonsense?

It's called having an open mind. Try it sometime.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 2:59pm:
On this one I was able to agree on both points of view. Expressly, that there couldn't be a famine without food involved, as well as your and their position on government.

Don't push it on socially responsible government if you want a conversation with me. That wasn't called for even though it can be a topic elsewhere any time you wish.
When Venezuela had a fairly good government that protected property rights and permitted a mostly free economy, they were one of the most prosperous nations in the world.

Their current problems arose directly from a "socially responsible government" that denied economic liberty to Venezuelans.

I know facts like that inflame your brain, but that's your problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Why is There Hunger on Such a Fertile Planet?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy