Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rocket Man Attacks his own People
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Rocket Man Attacks his own People (Read 185 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Rocket Man Attacks his own People
Reply #10 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 2:14pm:
That's because you understand that the purposes are exactly opposite. Nuclear weapons are to prevent war. Guns are meant for killing Americans.

While the argument can be made that it is very little likely the leaders of countries will pull their triggers compared to street thieves who will never see the consequences if they kill, people want guns for exactly the same reason: To protect themselves from other people with guns.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 2:14pm:
That's because you understand that the purposes are exactly opposite. Nuclear weapons are to prevent war. Guns are meant for killing Americans.
How illogical.
Both are tools that can be used either offensively or defensively.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:46am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 3:41pm:
While the argument can be made that it is very little likely the leaders of countries will pull their triggers compared to street thieves who will never see the consequences if they kill, people want guns for exactly the same reason: To protect themselves from other people with guns.
Not "other people with guns" but barbarians who would use guns to initiate aggression, that's who we want to be able to defend ourselves against.
My Father owned guns for 75 years and no one ever needed to defend themselves from him, because he wasn't a barbarian.

The U.S. has had nuclear bombs for almost as long, and only used them once in order (arguably) to save millions of lives, never to initiate aggression.

If the U.S. had wanted to nuke the Kim Regime, we could have done it anytime... But we didn't, not even when the Kim Regime was involved in a war of aggression and conquest.

My thought is that Young Kim want's nukes because he believes they give him an umbrella of protection that will allow him to initiate another war of aggression and conquest.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:46am:
Not "other people with guns" but barbarians who would use guns to initiate aggression, that's who we want to be able to defend ourselves against.
My Father owned guns for 75 years and no one ever needed to defend themselves from him, because he wasn't a barbarian.

The U.S. has had nuclear bombs for almost as long, and only used them once in order (arguably) to save millions of lives, never to initiate aggression.

If the U.S. had wanted to nuke the Kim Regime, we could have done it anytime... But we didn't, not even when the Kim Regime was involved in a war of aggression and conquest.

My thought is that Young Kim want's nukes because he believes they give him an umbrella of protection that will allow him to initiate another war of aggression and conquest.

Yes, or if he never invades, he would use the constant threat of a nuclear backed invasion to force the U.S. to "negotiate" with him.  I'm not sure what he wants from the negotiations except more cash which any Democratic president and many Republican presidents would give to him.

Mainly, I think he just wants to be in negotiations with the U.S. so that he can pretend that North Korea is on the same level as the U.S.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rocket Man Attacks his own People
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy