Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Global Warming
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Global Warming (Read 2005 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Global Warming
Reply #50 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:46pm:
So how do you think libertarianism would deal with a situation in which human activity was about to doom the human race to extinction?

You mean some lunatics in authoritarian governments tossing nuclear weapons at each other? IDK.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Jeff doesn't seem to realize that because he's much more constitutionalist than libertarian so he thinks government provides many wonderful benefits and would be awesome if it only stuck to the constitution. 

Please refer to Article I sect. 8 of the Constitution. Read those granted powers narrowly.
The "benefits" I expect a government to provide are there, and do not include "regulating" the economy.

You are blind to reality if you don't think that national defense and a system of courts and justice are necessary to the maintenance of Rights and Liberty.

How many times have I said that property rights enforced under the common law are the best way to prevent pollution? That is not "giving more power and money to government".

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Yes, this is something I have to keep explaining the libertarians on here.  Not to pick on Jeff, but he thinks he should have the right to bear arms (as long as he approves the purpose) but if there is a guy wearing a suspicious looking hoodie in his neighborhood, he wants to be able to call his pal the Sheriff and have the guy braced, patted down and have is ID run for warrants.

If you weren't so transparent in your attempts to misrepresent what I say and believe, I would be offended.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:44pm:
You mean some lunatics in authoritarian governments tossing nuclear weapons at each other? IDK.

I concede, sir!

You are much to slippery to provide a straight answer . . .

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
ahhell wrote:

Can you expand on that? Can't the libertarian support climate change science because it crashes with their ideology. I'm truly confused by that idea.

I'm imagining it is very consistent with libertarianism.

It is.  No scientific controversy is inconsistent with libertarianism.  Whether AGW is the most important and factual scientific discover of all time or whether it is an even bigger hoax than Piltdown Man, libertarianism si the best way to deal with it.

Quote:
Big business is embracing science's position on climate change throughout the world and profiting very well from doing it.

There you go.  They are profiting whether AGW is a real thing or not.  Yay, free market!

Quote:
The Scandinavian countries are far, far ahead on renewable clean energy sources. That's very libertarian in my opinion!

How so?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:31pm:
I concede, sir!

You are much to slippery to provide a straight answer . . .

You don't ask straight questions. I'll point it out directly next time I notice.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
ahhell wrote:

Big business is embracing science's position on climate change throughout the world and profiting very well from doing it.
You forgot the most important part. The government and it's bureaucracies with all their various and separated "regulators". They are doing very, very well.

All of this shit is being driven by tyrannical minded people, both in and out of government, who think they should rule over us peasants, because we need their help.

Freedom is the answer if there will be answers.

The great "new ice age/global warming/climate change" people want power and wealth, and in getting it, they will stifle free inquiry and free enterprise... All of our freedoms are at risk from them.

Give Algore power over our lives? Are you nuts?

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
You forgot the most important part. The government and it's bureaucracies with all their various and separated "regulators". They are doing very, very well.

All of this shit is being driven by tyrannical minded people, both in and out of government, who think they should rule over us peasants, because we need their help.

Freedom is the answer if there will be answers.

The great "new ice age/global warming/climate change" people want power and wealth, and in getting it, they will stifle free inquiry and free enterprise... All of our freedoms are at risk from them.

Give Algore power over our lives? Are you nuts?

Hypothetically, Jeff, what if our industries really were creating a looming climate disaster that was likely to end all iife on earth if we don't take strong and costly measures to avoid that disaster? 

I know that this is not true, but in a hypothetical situation like that, what's a libertarian position to advocate?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
Hypothetically, Jeff, what if our industries really were creating a looming climate disaster that was likely to end all iife on earth if we don't take strong and costly measures to avoid that disaster? 

I know that this is not true, but in a hypothetical situation like that, what's a libertarian position to advocate?

I'm sure you know about the large scale polluting going on in China and India...

Here's some more-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/snow-kazakhstan-black-pollution-lev...

The solution would be property rights and a rule of law that would allow people to sue the polluters and collect damages.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Dodge, evade, dodge, dodge, evade.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Global Warming
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy