Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Global Warming
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Global Warming (Read 1217 times)
Josh
Libertarian Freedom Member

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Global Warming
Jan 5th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
It will kill us all if we don't disincentivize companies from emitting CO2 into the atmosphere!

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Global Warming
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2018 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
All plant-life requires CO2 for photosynthesis.  Let's not deprive the plants of this essential element. 

Its a symbiotic relationship - humans provide plants with CO2, and plants replenish our atmosphere with O2.

Why "fix" it?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:55am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 10:33pm:
All plant-life requires CO2 for photosynthesis.  Let's not deprive the plants of this essential element. 

Its a symbiotic relationship - humans provide plants with CO2, and plants replenish our atmosphere with O2.

Why "fix" it?

The earth is actually rather good at healing itself from all sorts of natural disasters that are not preventable by any human action, and life is tenacious and adaptable.

That said, China is causing huge environmental damage to itself... Far worse than anything that happened in the U.S. even after SCOTUS authorized industrial pollution.

China probably won't cause really widespread damage unless their expansionist Empire ideas are put into practice and they start a world war involving nukes.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:59am
Print Post  
Josh wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
It will kill us all if we don't disincentivize companies from emitting CO2 into the atmosphere!

Al Gore recently said that the cold snaps we are experiencing are caused by - of course - global warming.  He doesn't believe it himself, of course.  I'd guess about half of the people who say they believe it are actually that dumb.  The rest are just afraid to say the emperor has no clothes.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 9:09am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:59am:
Al Gore recently said that the cold snaps we are experiencing are caused by - of course - global warming.  He doesn't believe it himself, of course.  I'd guess about half of the people who say they believe it are actually that dumb.  The rest are just afraid to say the emperor has no clothes.

The only certainty about the earths climate is that it will change. Scientists of various disciplines have identified many of the underlying causes, solar variability being one, changing ocean currents due to tectonic drift of continents and the creation of new undersea mountains, super volcanoes and meteor strikes among the most important.

Our best protection as humans is freedom, the freedom to innovate and create and produce, and our best protection against polluters is property rights.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 5th, 2018 at 10:33pm:

Why "fix" it?

Because the bugs will grow if you don't.

On a more serious note, why not assume global warming as the moonbats see it is real and catastrophic, just for a thought experiment? Assume it really will kill us all. What's the libertarian solution?

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:26am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
Because the bugs will grow if you don't.

On a more serious note, why not assume global warming as the moonbats see it is real and catastrophic, just for a thought experiment? Assume it really will kill us all. What's the libertarian solution?
As I said just a few posts ago-
"Our best protection as humans is freedom, the freedom to innovate and create and produce, and our best protection against polluters is property rights."

Did you read that essay on the common law that I linked to?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 6th, 2018 at 8:59am:

I can take that as the final word. But why can't you and Jeff and all the others who side with you.

You all give away your doubtfulness when you mention the harm China is doing as opposed to the US's smaller contribution.

How in hell could that have any significance or importance at all? It's obvious from what you've all said that no country is doing any harm.

Solidify your positions and stop worrying about climate change being caused by China or any other country. You've obviously won the debate from your own points of view!

Right?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:26am:
As I said just a few posts ago-
"Our best protection as humans is freedom, the freedom to innovate and create and produce, and our best protection against polluters is property rights."

Did you read that essay on the common law that I linked to?

I don't have to respond to you if you're intentionally avoiding the question. This is not a hypothetical about standard pollution.

It may benefit polluters in Alaska and harm non-polluters in Miami.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:16pm:
I don't have to respond to you if you're intentionally avoiding the question. This is not a hypothetical about standard pollution.

OK, you posit that non-standard pollution will kill us all. Fine.

Before I can answer, you have to be more specific about what sort of pollution you are convinced will kill us all.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Global Warming
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy