Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rand Paul Bill Will Stop US Aid To Pakistan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rand Paul Bill Will Stop US Aid To Pakistan (Read 786 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Rand Paul Bill Will Stop US Aid To Pakistan
Reply #30 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 3:13pm:
Yes, most of Aid to Pakistan went for military support/hardware.  Rand Paul wants to use those funds for domestic infrastructure.
Whose infrastructure?

Who cares, what a sellout. Favoring spending our tax money on "shovel ready jobs"?

Apparently having his ribs broken was a wake up call.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:37pm:
Whose infrastructure?
Ours.

Jeff wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 5:37pm:
Who cares, what a sellout. Favoring spending our tax money on "shovel ready jobs"?

Apparently having his ribs broken was a wake up call.

Sellout???  Thats a little rough. Look at you, Jeff...throwing Rand Raul under the bus.

A year ago, you had nothing but accolades for him. And I was saying how un-libertarian he was.

What a difference a year makes!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:34pm:
Sellout???  Thats a little rough. Look at you, Jeff...throwing Rand Raul under the bus.

Wasn't he talking about infrastructure spending as a good thing?? Is that a lie?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm:
Wasn't he talking about infrastructure spending as a good thing?? Is that a lie?

Infrastructure spending is always a good thing.  As long as the money isn't robbed at gunpoint.  The minute the government starts pointing its guns at me, a citizen who pays for their guns 'n ammo, to take my money, I have a major problem with that.

Anyone who doesn't -  anyone who thinks it's OK for government to point guns at a guy going home from work to take part of his paycheck - anyone who thinks that some government functions are so important that they justify that - has no morality whatsoever. 

None.

They are no better than a pimp who forces twelve year old girls in the Detroit to prostitute themselves at gunpoint.

They are no better than a crack addicted skel holding a board with a nail in it to threaten little old ladies to take their Geritol money.

Except that at least the guy holding the board with nails has the balls to face the little old lady himself.  People who want government to rob little old ladies to pay for what they want government to do are the worst type of low-life cowards.

They disgust me more than I can bear.  The thought of them makes me want to projectile vomit.

Jeff . . .

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Double post.  Drat!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:52am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 10:42pm:
Infrastructure spending is always a good thing.  As long as the money isn't robbed at gunpoint.  The minute the government starts pointing its guns at me, a citizen who pays for their guns 'n ammo, to take my money, I have a major problem with that.

We disagree on taxation, hopefully we agree that there is no Constitutional authority to build "infrastructure" beyond post roads, which were adequately completed so far as the national government was concerned 100 years or more ago.

If New York City needs a new bridge, New York City should pay for it.

If Boston needs a subway, Boston should pay for it.

If the streets in Pittsburgh need repair, Pittsburgh should pay for it.

It's simply not a job we assigned to the Federal government, not did we give them such authority.

I thought Rand Paul was aware of that.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:20pm:

well, not really.  He was just saying instead of the government hand-outs going to Pakistan for weapons that will be used to kill US troops, they could be put to better use for domestic infrastructure projects.

He even names one specifically - a bridge somewhere - "We have a bridge between Kentucky and Ohio... it would cost about a half a billion..." Then he was cut off!!

The media hates it when people are specific.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:34am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:00am:
well, not really.  He was just saying instead of the government hand-outs going to Pakistan for weapons that will be used to kill US troops, they could be put to better use for domestic infrastructure projects.

He even names one specifically - a bridge somewhere - "We have a bridge between Kentucky and Ohio... it would cost about a half a billion..." Then he was cut off!!

The media hates it when people are specific.
Instead of handouts going to anyone, the money should be left with those who earned it, then they can decide if they want to give it away and to who.

That's a pretty standard libertarian position. We don't want the federal government taxing us to build bridges anywhere.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:34am:
Instead of handouts going to anyone, the money should be left with those who earned it, then they can decide if they want to give it away and to who.

That's a pretty standard libertarian position. We don't want the federal government taxing us to build bridges anywhere.

So you oppose bridges, now?  You think cars should be amphibious?  Or do you think people should just "know their place" and stay within whatever boundaries rivers set for them since that is the hand of God? 

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:53am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:50am:
So you oppose bridges, now?  You think cars should be amphibious?  Or do you think people should just "know their place" and stay within whatever boundaries rivers set for them since that is the hand of God? 

He doesn't oppose bridges you ignorant fool. He opposes taxes to build bridges.

And he opposes sending guns to Pakistan too as he said. He wants to keep them in the US to deal with domestic problems being caused by Americans.

You'll never be a libertarian sweet ass.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rand Paul Bill Will Stop US Aid To Pakistan
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy