Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Does "a well regulated militia" allow the gov't to regulate firearms?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Does "a well regulated militia" allow the gov't to regulate firearms? (Read 1181 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Does "a well regulated militia" allow the gov't to regulate firearms?
Reply #180 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:14pm:
No, you said-

"NAFTA and GATT both say American companies aren't free to do business with foreign companies in the United States unless government says it's OK"

I'm still asking you to back up what you said.

OMG, that's funny.  So the sick up your ass is that I said the government said it and you want it to be in the text of GATT and NAFTA?  That's hilarious.

Question.  Do you start with liquor or do you start with beer/wine and work your way up?  Also, at what point do you start mixing in the drugs?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #181 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:14pm:
No, you said-

"NAFTA and GATT both say American companies aren't free to do business with foreign companies in the United States unless government says it's OK"

I'm still asking you to back up what you said.

You said it. You said you can prove your statement "NAFTA and GATT both say American companies aren't free to do business with foreign companies in the United States unless government says it's OK"

But you refuse. It can only be assumed that you lied.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #182 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 2:36pm:
You said it. You said you can prove your statement "NAFTA and GATT both say American companies aren't free to do business with foreign companies in the United States unless government says it's OK"

But you refuse. It can only be assumed that you lied.

I can prove it.  I answered the question you asked

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #183 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
I read an article about a pistol I want. The Walther Creed. I need to find one locally for sale. If I like it, and I'm lucky, maybe I can trade my P-38 for part of the cost.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #184 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 4:52pm:
I read an article about a pistol I want. The Walther Creed. I need to find one locally for sale. If I like it, and I'm lucky, maybe I can trade my P-38 for part of the cost.

Keep them both. Your life may depend on it. If more homeowners with guns get shot in home burglaries if the homeowner has a gun then if the homeowner has two big handbuns then anything is possible likely!

Statistics sweet ass!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #185 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 6:59pm:
Keep them both. Your life may depend on it.
It doesn't depend on the P-38 now, but I probably will keep it unless I can trade it in. It's not worth much and still shoots nicely.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #186 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 12:12pm:
The US's gun problem is one they are going to have to sort out themselves, at great pain to their own people.

It's likely that even a huge tragedy where hundreds or even thousands are shot dead wouldn't change their dogmatic positions on guns.

It would more likely only harden the dogma and result in an increase in gun sales for the imagined protection guns provide.

If there were to be a shooting that size in which NRA members who were completely law-abiding in their gun ownership were the perpetrators, that would likely turn the public against the right to keep and bear arms.

But since mass shooters have almost invariably been people on psychiatric medications or religious radicals, and have been violating several firearms regulations at the time of the shootings, the blame-the-gun movement isn't gaining much traction.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #187 - Jan 26th, 2018 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 12:12pm:
It's likely that even a huge tragedy where hundreds or even thousands are shot dead wouldn't change their dogmatic positions on guns.

It would more likely only harden the dogma and result in an increase in gun sales for the imagined protection guns provide.
If armed anarchists start shooting people in America wholesale, American's Right to be armed will come in handy, but it probably would result in a spike in gun sales.

I know, the government is supposed to keep that sort of mass shooting stuff from happening, but they really can't. How are things working out with the Mexican narco-gangs setting up operations on this side of the border?

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-are-mexican-cartels-doing-in-the-us-2017-4

It's just one reason people are correct in believing they need to be able to defend themselves.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Does "a well regulated militia" allow the gov't to regulate firearms?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy