Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Iran's Revolutionary Army Declares Victory Over Unrest
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Iran's Revolutionary Army Declares Victory Over Unrest (Read 65 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Iran's Revolutionary Army Declares Victory Over Unrest
Jan 7th, 2018 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/news/415205-iran-revolutionary-guard-protests/

Contains several sound bites from Nikki Haley at the UNGC I presume, as well of other country's reps.

This is biased toward Russia as would be expected of RTnews but it also brings to light some talking points for both sides that will be understood from this video.

So the question remains, has the Iran government succeeded in putting down unrest they see as foreign intervention in their affairs.

Did the protest movement have any legitimacy?

Is this involving an antiwar issue which libertarians can sympathize with or do libertarians consider the protests as valid and a real cause by a majority in Iran?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Iran's Revolutionary Army Declares Victory Over Unrest
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
The story as posted at Antiwar.com

There's no doubt the people who commented on this story gets it. Nikki Haley has made a complete ass out of the US once again.

Why are libertarians on this board afraid of this one?

In defense of Nikki, she has to be operating under Trump's direction. This fu--ing gong show just keeps getting better and better! Shame on you a-sholes.

http://news.antiwar.com/2018/01/05/russia-france-fault-us-over-emergency-un-meet...

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:26pm:
The story as posted at Antiwar.com

There's no doubt the people who commented on this story gets it. Nikki Haley has made a complete ass out of the US once again.

Why are libertarians on this board afraid of this one?

In defense of Nikki, she has to be operating under Trump's direction. This fu--ing gong show just keeps getting better and better! Shame on you a-sholes.

http://news.antiwar.com/2018/01/05/russia-france-fault-us-over-emergency-un-meet...

What's your take on what your country should be doing about Iran?  Obviously, the one and only libertarian stance is that we should recognize that almost any government would provide more liberty than the Iranian Mulluh's do, but that it's not something for the U.S. to get involved in.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:40pm:
What's your take on what your country should be doing about Iran?  Obviously, the one and only libertarian stance is that we should recognize that almost any government would provide more liberty than the Iranian Mulluh's do, but that it's not something for the U.S. to get involved in.

Completely hands off and out of Iran's affairs.

Your statement needs to be analyzed carefully in order to determine whether or not you are promoting the US's political agenda.

I say this for more than just one reason, on which I will elaborate.

If we accept that Iran's government is unnecessarily harsh then we are falling into the trap of being supportive of US military action to change it.

We know that's a dangerous position to take on Iran because of past experiences throughout the world, Iraq being one of the best examples.

From a slightly different perspective, Cuba can be uses as another example of exercising caution against supporting US demonizing through the use of propaganda. Cuba needed to gain it's freedom from US supporting a corrupt and evil regime.

And my disclaimer: I don't support communism, I support any mechanism in which the people need to resort to in order to achieve freedom from US oppression.

I supported both Castro's communist government and Saddam'ss Batthist government because they represented the least of two evils in both cases.

Iran shows promise of a US led war which will result in another slaughter of perhaps millions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Iran's Revolutionary Army Declares Victory Over Unrest
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy