Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › S.Korea will Talk With N.Korea Without the US!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) S.Korea will Talk With N.Korea Without the US! (Read 612 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

S.Korea will Talk With N.Korea Without the US!
Jan 8th, 2018 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
http://news.antiwar.com/2018/01/07/pompeo-north-koreas-talks-with-south-wont-cha...

South Korea's interests go much deeper than US interests which seem to be maintaining control over the South and gaining control over the entire Korean peninsula.

As predicted would be the case. The US is slowly losing it's grip on the South.

Personally, I will submit that means that China is gaining more influence and will eventually take control with the consent of the Korean people.

China's control over the Korean peninsula is just as acceptable to the Korean people as is US control. Likely moreso that US control.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Re: S.Korea will Talk With N.Korea Without the US!
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Excluding the US in talks that have started is proving to be the recipe for progress.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-42600550

Including N.Korea in the olympic games looks probable.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
http://news.antiwar.com/2018/01/07/pompeo-north-koreas-talks-with-south-wont-cha...

South Korea's interests go much deeper than US interests which seem to be maintaining control over the South and gaining control over the entire Korean peninsula.

As predicted would be the case. The US is slowly losing it's grip on the South.

Personally, I will submit that means that China is gaining more influence and will eventually take control with the consent of the Korean people.

China's control over the Korean peninsula is just as acceptable to the Korean people as is US control. Likely moreso that US control.

Yes, I'm sure the South Koreans are eager to become as much like their North Korean countrymen as possible.  Those bright lights probably hurt the South Koreans' eyes so they want to look like the North:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dark+North+Korea&safe=strict&tbm=isch&source=iu&...

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
Yes, I'm sure the South Koreans are eager to become as much like their North Korean countrymen as possible.  Those bright lights probably hurt the South Koreans' eyes so they want to look like the North:

https://www.google.com/search?q=dark+North+Korea&safe=strict&tbm=isch&source=iu&...

Beside the point burnsred. To the point, your guy on the other thread was only wrong on two points.

First, Trump's tough talk hasn't brought progress to anybody but Kim. He now has his nuclear deterrent to US war.

And second, he's wrong in saying that N.Korea wasn't totally intent on possessing the nuclear deterrent.

Otherwise, he's made some points that would be expected of a defector. I'm sure it makes Americans feel better!

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:35am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
Beside the point burnsred. To the point, your guy on the other thread was only wrong on two points.

First, Trump's tough talk hasn't brought progress to anybody but Kim. He now has his nuclear deterrent to US war.

It was Bill Clinton, not Donald Trump, who Kim has to thank for his nuclear capabilities. 

Quote:
And second, he's wrong in saying that N.Korea wasn't totally intent on possessing the nuclear deterrent.

He didn't say that.  What he said was that when Trump met Kim's bluster with bluster of his own, Kim backed down. 

Quote:
Otherwise, he's made some points that would be expected of a defector. I'm sure it makes Americans feel better!

I'm sure a New Jersey lib knows much more about North Korea than a former senior diplomat from that country.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:35am:

Good comment Tom and well timed for this discussion. I would say it's at the demand of the Korean people who must not be alienated from the US at all costs.

If there is some amount of success, and I believe there will be because it's in both the south's and the north's interest, it could result in more of the same on delaying the US/south's military threats.

Something good is happening in the Korea's and it's very much in the American people's interest.

The strange thing about it is that it doesn't sound like it's in the interest of these libertarians, with the exception of you and a couple of others??

We'll see if they begin to comment on this thread.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 9:07am:
It was Bill Clinton, not Donald Trump, who Kim has to thank for his nuclear capabilities. 

I think it's wrong to not blame Obama too. There's little doubt that N.Korea set it's course before Trump. Trump was only responsible for finalizing the result and bringing the facts home to Kim that he definitely needs the nuclear deterrent against US aggression. He might even think he needs it against Russian aggression too?

Quote:
He didn't say that.  What he said was that when Trump met Kim's bluster with bluster of his own, Kim backed down. 

That's why I brought it up. To suggest that N.Korea/Kim have pursued Nukes for any other reason than to protect themselves against US led war is ridiculous. None of the players in the game being played would ever contemplate an invasion by the North! Jeez burnsred, your guy's going to say anything to serve his purpose of deonizing in favour of the US!

Quote:
I'm sure a New Jersey lib knows much more about North Korea than a former senior diplomat from that country.

I'm sure everybody understands why N.Korea built nukes. Ask an Iraqi or an Iranian or a ................... or ...................... or ...................... or .................... X37-40 times.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Something good is happening in the Korea's and it's very much in the American people's interest.

The strange thing about it is that it doesn't sound like it's in the interest of these libertarians, with the exception of you and a couple of others??

We'll see if they begin to comment on this thread.

The "libertarians" at this site don't think it's in the their/the US/the world's interest, but the solid libertarians at the Future of Freedom Foundation and  Antiwar.com. and the somewhat more conservative Ron Paul Foundation and LewRockwell.com all wholeheartedly agree that they want a peaceful solution for the Koreas.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:52pm:
The "libertarians" at this site don't think it's in the their/the US/the world's interest, but the solid libertarians at the Future of Freedom Foundation and  Antiwar.com. and the somewhat more conservative Ron Paul Foundation and LewRockwell.com all wholeheartedly agree that they want a peaceful solution for the Koreas.

It's just too obvious Tom! Right on!

I don't wan to sound vain but I think it's got something to do with my criticism of America that's causing a lot of the problem.

That is, with the Chief, Jeff, ahhell, and maybe some I've missed. But on the other hand, not with burnsred because he is completely sincere in his support of Trump and his prowar attitude.

At least I hope so with the others, and suspect so because they were antiwar before I started ragging on them.

Or on the other hand, maybe I'm just being vainglorious?

In any case, it's pretty telling that our liberatarians here on this forum have gone renegade for some reason? They don't even want to acknowledge Ron Paul's comments on his articles now!

On a different issue, take note of Thomas Knapp's comments, you know how to find them, and also the Cowboy's. Notice anything familiar in the latter? Don't say who though, for a while at least.

Maybe somebody else will figure out what's going on?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › S.Korea will Talk With N.Korea Without the US!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy