Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ."
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ." (Read 429 times)
Don_G
Ex Member

Re: New Topic: Trump Team Debates Strikes on N.Korea.
Reply #20 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
The question was, "What rights do people in China have?"

I've already told you that the people of China have all the rights and more than in the land of the gun.

On specific right: The law in China states that citizens shall have the right to walk on the streets without fear of being shot dead.

People found carrying guns on the streets are immediately deported to the US. 

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've already told you that the people of China have all the rights and more than in the U.S.
Sure, just like the people of the Soviet Union had a long list of rights, but none they could exercise without permission from the Communist Party.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:56pm:
Sure, just like the people of the Soviet Union had a long list of rights, but none they could exercise without permission from the Communist Party.

The communist party gave Russians and Cubans rights. Ask me about those rights and also ask me about how much I get paid to keep you busy!

Libertarians don't have rights and they complain about it all day long.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The communist party gave Russians and Cubans rights.
On paper.

In reality, the Party ruled...Through the Party bureaucracy and infighting and Politboro coups.

It's medieval political economy. There are always serfs and Rulers.

Governments can only infringe or deny rights.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
The communist party gave Russians and Cubans rights. Ask me about those rights...

Any "rights" granted by the communist party are worthless.  Ask me why.

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:48am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:13am:
Any "rights" granted by the communist party are worthless.  Ask me why.

Any rights guaranteed by the US Constitution are worthless.  Ask Anwar al-Awlaki and his son why.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 3:48am:
Any rights guaranteed by the US Constitution are worthless.  Ask Anwar al-Awlaki and his son why.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki

Yes, our government as it becomes ever more "progressive" denies and infringes more and more of our rights, but there is a real difference.

When a single party authoritarian state "gives" people rights, or denies them, they are not constrained by written law. The constitutions and bills of rights drawn up by Communist Parties are just that, "laws" governing the government that can be changed by the government, which means they are no laws at all.

Madison pointed out this difference in the Federalist Papers.

Federalist No. 53: Madison
           "The important distinction so well understood in America between a Constitution established by the people and unalterable by the government, and a law established by the government and alterable by the government, seems to have been little understood and less observed in any other country."

In the theory of our government, government officials who violate our laws are liable, they are outlaws.

In the Communist theory, government officials are the law. Whatever they do is "legal" by definition..

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 7:42am:
Yes, our government as it becomes ever more "progressive" denies and infringes more and more of our rights, but there is a real difference.

When a single party authoritarian state "gives" people rights, or denies them, they are not constrained by written law. The constitutions and bills of rights drawn up by Communist Parties are just that, "laws" governing the government that can be changed by the government, which means they are no laws at all.

Madison pointed out this difference in the Federalist Papers.

Federalist No. 53: Madison
           "The important distinction so well understood in America between a Constitution established by the people and unalterable by the government, and a law established by the government and alterable by the government, seems to have been little understood and less observed in any other country."

In the theory of our government, government officials who violate our laws are liable, they are outlaws.

In the Communist theory, government officials are the law. Whatever they do is "legal" by definition..

Really?  Obama is  disgraced outlaw living his life out in prison for the murders of two U.S. citizens with drone strikes?

No.  The "opposition" party, the Republicans said little or nothing about Obama's assassination of U.S. citizens.   Why should they?  They liked the precedent for when they inevitably retake the white house in the phony show elections that render even our limited two-party system a sick joke on the voters.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:25am:
Really?  Obama is  disgraced outlaw living his life out in prison for the murders of two U.S. citizens with drone strikes?

No.  The "opposition" party, the Republicans said little or nothing about Obama's assassination of U.S. citizens.   Why should they?  They liked the precedent for when they inevitably retake the white house in the phony show elections that render even our limited two-party system a sick joke on the voters.

Whoaaaaaa! What's good for Trump is good for Obama too. Trump upped the drone strikes 3 fold and has killed dozens of Americans with them.

You libertarians need to pretend to care about droned dead Americans more.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Whoaaaaaa! What's good for Trump is good for Obama too. Trump upped the drone strikes 3 fold and has killed dozens of Americans with them.

Sounds like something Trump would do.  The only thing that makes me doubt you is that . . . well . . . you're you.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ."
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy