Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ."
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ." (Read 199 times)
burnsred
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ."
Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwCXIZwEdks

4:40

North Korean Diplomat who defected:  “I think we should admit.  Some rhetoric by Trump and Trump’s unpredictable character actually worked to stop his (Li’l Kim’s) desperate escalation of this conflict.  For instance when Kim Jung Un warned of possible tests around Guam, then President Trump responded with fire and fury.  That actually stopped Kim Jung Un to have a test around Guam . . . “

PBS Journalist Judy Woodruf:  “So you’re saying to some extent, it’s had a positive effect.”

Former NK Diplomat:  “Yes.”

Not the answer she was looking for, obviously.  But PBS is more professional than the licensed networks.  So she didn't start haranguing him as Bill Maher or That idiot on CNN would have done.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ."
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:26pm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwCXIZwEdks

4:40

North Korean Diplomat who defected:  “I think we should admit.  Some rhetoric by Trump and Trump’s unpredictable character actually worked to stop his (Li’l Kim’s) desperate escalation of this conflict.  For instance when Kim Jung Un warned of possible tests around Guam, then President Trump responded with fire and fury.  That actually stopped Kim Jung Un to have a test around Guam . . . “

PBS Journalist Judy Woodruf:  “So you’re saying to some extent, it’s had a positive effect.”

Former NK Diplomat:  “Yes.”

Not the answer she was looking for, obviously.  But PBS is more professional than the licensed networks.  So she didn't start haranguing him as Bill Maher or That idiot on CNN would have done.

We can move the conversation to this thread if that suits everybody. It's only important to keep one discussion going on the Korea situation.

I only start new ones to add to the forum's volume of discussion but it's probably not necessary.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

New Topic: Trump Team Debates Strikes on N.Korea.
Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
http://news.antiwar.com/2018/01/08/trump-team-debates-limited-strikes-on-north-k...

Posted at antiwar.com

Who thinks this is actually happening?

I don't. Trump has run out his credibility with me because of too many bluffs. It's just too obvious that his bluff has been called and the two Koreans are involved in talks that threaten to loosen the US hold on South Korea.

Americans will hook into this pap but it won't make a bit of difference. The key players in the game, which include both China and Russia, have taken over the momentum and the rest of the world can't drag their feet on progress for peace.

The best the US can do now is try to condemn peace talks.

The wild card: The US creates another Gulf of Tonkin type incident.

Will Trump be resonislbe for a WW3?

Naaahhhhhhhhh.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ."
Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
http://news.antiwar.com/2018/01/08/trump-team-debates-limited-strikes-on-north-k...

The comments on the above story are great reading!

I think I recognize some posters from this forum over there!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Re: New Topic: Trump Team Debates Strikes on N.Korea.
Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 1:29pm:

Posted at antiwar.com

Who thinks this is actually happening?

I don't. Trump has run out his credibility with me because of too many bluffs. It's just too obvious that his bluff has been called and the two Koreans are involved in talks that threaten to loosen the US hold on South Korea.

Americans will hook into this pap but it won't make a bit of difference. The key players in the game, which include both China and Russia, have taken over the momentum and the rest of the world can't drag their feet on progress for peace.

The best the US can do now is try to condemn peace talks.

The wild card: The US creates another Gulf of Tonkin type incident.

Will Trump be resonislbe for a WW3?

Naaahhhhhhhhh.

I agree that there will be no need for strikes against North Korea.  North Korea will back down to Trump's threats be they bluster, boast or fair warning. 

Question for you, Don:  If NK and SK were to be reunited, should it be under a system more like NK or more like SK?

No, "let's take the best of both" because that isn't realistic.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 6:57pm:
I agree that there will be no need for strikes against North Korea.  North Korea will back down to Trump's threats be they bluster, boast or fair warning. 

Question for you, Don:  If NK and SK were to be reunited, should it be under a system more like NK or more like SK?

No, "let's take the best of both" because that isn't realistic.

The best system for the Koreas is China's system in my opinion. Both the North and the South could accept it and prosper by it.

That's obviously going to be the outcome because China isn't going to tolerate US interference in South Korea for much longer.

And the reason why it won't go on much longer is because China will make it in the US's interests to get out of China's sphere of influence.

Ask me how that will come to be.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:02pm:
The best system for the Koreas is China's system in my opinion. Both the North and the South could accept it and prosper by it.

So you believe that South Koreans should absolutely surrender all poltical rights?  Because there are no political rights for the people under China's system.

Quote:
That's obviously going to be the outcome because China isn't going to tolerate US interference in South Korea for much longer.

They'll tolerate it as long as the U.S. chooses to protect South Korea.  Putting the U.S. military aside, the U.S. owes China too much money for China to try to harm us. 

Quote:
And the reason why it won't go on much longer is because China will make it in the US's interests to get out of China's sphere of influence.

Ask me how that will come to be.

How?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:28pm:
So you believe that South Koreans should absolutely surrender all poltical rights?  Because there are no political rights for the people under China's system.

No, I just think that the situation will evolve so that the US backs out of Korea and China reclaims it as their sphere of influence.

The people of China have rights.

I think that China has already done some of the ground work to establish it's power in Central and South America. As well as the obvious in the ME. I think the US will find itself overextended.

Quote:
They'll tolerate it as long as the U.S. chooses to protect South Korea.  Putting the U.S. military aside, the U.S. owes China too much money for China to try to harm us.

China isn't challenging the US militarally. China is only intent on asserting it's rights. 

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:15pm:
No, I just think that the situation will evolve so that the US backs out of Korea and China reclaims it as their sphere of influence.

The people of China have rights.

I think that China has already done some of the ground work to establish it's power in Central and South America. As well as the obvious in the ME. I think the US will find itself overextended.

China isn't challenging the US militarally. China is only intent on asserting it's rights. 

What rights do people in China have?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 1:47pm:
What rights do people in China have?

That's like asking me to tell you why ducks swim!

What real and inalienable rights do Americans have when their police are murdering citizens on the streets for no reason?

What rights do Americans have when the corruption runs so deep as to cause people to become libertarians and then bitch and complain continuously about their government?

Very legitimate complaints I will add.

Don't try to make comparisons to China if you don't want to acknowledge the sickness and corruption in your own country.

That can be my property because I feel I can make legitimate comparisons that will go unchallenged. Specifically, the challenge you're trying to float right now on China's people's rights and freedoms.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Defected North Korean Diplomat: "Trump . . . actually Stopped Kim . ."
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy