Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Just Say No to Jeff Sessions
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Just Say No to Jeff Sessions (Read 515 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Just Say No to Jeff Sessions
Reply #20 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
Thanks for the links. I think the question is whether or not there were any laws broken.

In the case of Trump, I've never heard anyone even suggest he broke a specific law.  As to the Clinton's quid pro quo with the Russians on the Uranium deal, it depends on how is written.  Your U.S. politicians are noted for loudly proclaiming to have "outlawed corrupt practices" while leaving plenty of loopholes for them to get big checks for selling out the country to its adversaries.

I'd just as soon see the Dems drop the whole investigation of Trump idea now that they see that it is they who have the most to lose.  But they may be willing to do the Clintons like they did Al Franken on the sexual harassment claims. 

Quote:
And beyond that, now that Trump has made the FBI his enemy, whether or not the FBI would even pursue something that could be beneficial to trump?

Not unless Trump replaces the whole FBI upper leadership.  He left way to much of the swamp in place there.

Quote:
You're expecting somebody to take Trump's side and I think it's too late for that. In any case, it's not going to stop the momentum that Mueller and the deep state have now to destroy Trump.

The voters took Trump's side.  I don't believe that we are so far gone that the Demopublicans will ignore that.  Not yet.

Quote:
They all love their country because that's what rightists and cops do. Trump picked the wrong fight when he fired Comey. He'll swing from a tree for that mistake. rhetorically speaking that is.

Comey wrote up his decision that H. Clinton was innocent before the investigation.  That's all that need be said about Comey.  The nation is well rid of him and would be even better off if we got rid of all those who worked directly under him.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 7:24pm:
Comey wrote up his decision that H. Clinton was innocent before the investigation.  That's all that need be said about Comey.  The nation is well rid of him and would be even better off if we got rid of all those who worked directly under him.

Hillary obviously was innocent. And I don't think there's any crime to be discovered in the uranium deal either.

I'm glad Trump fired Comey because that's going to be Trump's undoing. Without that huge mistake Trump may have had a chance. But then there's the collusion with the Russians, the money laundering, and Trump's other crime of treason and that's the FBI's business to stop.

Comey was a very straight cop and other cops love that even if 'they' aren't straight. Not even the Republicans will have the balls to condemn Comey to any extent.

I just can't understand how you think Trump is going to get out of all the trouble he's in?

You have to be banking on corrupt politics to pull him through because Bill Clinton's crimes weren't a tenth as terrible as Trump's and look how the tried to take him down for nothing but getting a blow job.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:07pm:
Hillary obviously was innocent. And I don't think there's any crime to be discovered in the uranium deal either.

Influence peddling by government officials is a crime.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:07pm:

I'm glad Trump fired Comey because that's going to be Trump's undoing. Without that huge mistake Trump may have had a chance. But then there's the collusion with the Russians, the money laundering, and Trump's other crime of treason and that's the FBI's business to stop.

Comey was a very straight cop and other cops love that even if 'they' aren't straight. Not even the Republicans will have the balls to condemn Comey to any extent.

I just can't understand how you think Trump is going to get out of all the trouble he's in?

You have to be banking on corrupt politics to pull him through because Bill Clinton's crimes weren't a tenth as terrible as Trump's and look how the tried to take him down for nothing but getting a blow job.

The economy is quickly recovering from the Obama debacle.  That alone is enough to "get him out of trouble."  Of course he is only "in trouble" in the fantasies of the hate-filled media.  Even the Dems are dropping this absurd "Russian influence" line since it is clear to all but the most deliberately dense that the Clintons and other Dems are far more influenced by Putin than Trump is capable of being.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:36am
Print Post  
If I recall correctly, Comey didn't say Hillary was innocent in the email thing just that it wasn't worth prosecuting.

Trumps only mistake in firing Comey was doing it the only way he could have made it look suspicious.  If he'd fired Comey on day one, nobody would have cared and the dems would have applauded.

The Clintons will not be found guilty of anything regarding the Uranium One deal.  The timing looks suspicious to anyone who looks at it in an unbiased way but the lines connecting the dots just aren't there in terms of showing a crime.  It could just as easily be a Kremlin attempt to make the Clintons look guilty of something as them actually being guilty of something.

Trump probably would have colluded with the Russian if he and his Campaign had been sophisticated enough to do it but the almost certainly didn't and even if they did, its shady but not criminal.  Putin got exactly what he wanted, which ever candidate was elected they were undermined.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:30am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:36am:
If I recall correctly, Comey didn't say Hillary was innocent in the email thing just that it wasn't worth prosecuting.
He said that there was no history of successfully prosecuting cases like that.  In other words, never before has a Secretary of State had a private email server in her bathroom through which she sent and received information with high level classification and which was easily hacked by our adversaries so we never prosecuted anyone for that before.  Therefore we cannot prosecute anyone now.

I guess he's never hear the saying, "there's a first time for everything."  Because that standard means that no one can ever be prosecuted for an action that has only recently been outlawed.  For example, when texting while driving was made illegal in some states, they should not have ever been able to prosecute anyone because no one had been prosecuted before.  The same in the past with the first speeding laws.  Comey pulled that out of his ass to save Clinton thinking she was going to win the White House.
Quote:
Trumps only mistake in firing Comey was doing it the only way he could have made it look suspicious.  If he'd fired Comey on day one, nobody would have cared and the dems would have applauded.

Yep.

Quote:
The Clintons will not be found guilty of anything regarding the Uranium One deal.  The timing looks suspicious to anyone who looks at it in an unbiased way but the lines connecting the dots just aren't there in terms of showing a crime.

Because the anti-bribery laws are specifically written in ways that allow all kinds of bribery as long as it isn't in the open, which most bribery isn't anyway.

Quote:
It could just as easily be a Kremlin attempt to make the Clintons look guilty of something as them actually being guilty of something.

Sure, but the Ruskies didn't force Hillary to give them uranium nor force Bill to take their money.

Quote:
Trump probably would have colluded with the Russian if he and his Campaign had been sophisticated enough to do it but the almost certainly didn't and even if they did, its shady but not criminal.  Putin got exactly what he wanted, which ever candidate was elected they were undermined.

The Democrats have been openly "colluding" with other nations during presidential elections.  John Kerry used that as a talking point, "I've talked with foreign leaders and they say 'you've got to beat this guy'" to convince liberals that the French and Russians really wanted Bush to lose.  Obama told the Russians that he would be able to have "more flexibility" once he won his upcoming re-election.  The only reason Trump can be made by the media to look guilty is that he is actually not guilty.  So when they accused him of it, he denied it.  Then the media used his denial as an admission that there was something wrong with him or his campaign talking to Russians.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  

I'll take your word for that. I think it's true. Absense of guilt seems to indicate innocence. Not that I care in the least though, other than it needed to be cleared up.

Quote:

There's no reason to suggest the Dems would have applauded. They likely saw Comey as their asset. But Trump could have got away with it then. Otherwise, even without Mueller's evidence from his investigation, they've got Trump already on his motive. Whether or not Trump has to pay a price for his obstruction of justice is still questionable due to corrupt politics.

Quote:
The Clintons will not be found guilty of anything regarding the Uranium One deal.  The timing looks suspicious to anyone who looks at it in an unbiased way but the lines connecting the dots just aren't there in terms of showing a crime.  It could just as easily be a Kremlin attempt to make the Clintons look guilty of something as them actually being guilty of something.

I'm not biased but I don't know what you're saying on the timing. If you're not biased then tell us about it.

Quote:

I disagree that Trump and his team didn't collude with the Russians. Now it's only a matter of whether justice will be done. And I don't see how you can say that 'either' candidate was undermined. IN fact, by saying that you are admitting that Trump was undermined.

There's far too much wrong speculation on what Hillary would have done if she had won. Nearly all of of it is turnabout by the Trump admin because of what Mueller in cooperation with the Dems are doing to Trump.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 11:30am:
He said that there was no history of successfully prosecuting cases like that.  In other words, never before has a Secretary of State had a private email server in her bathroom through which she sent and received information with high level classification and which was easily hacked by our adversaries so we never prosecuted anyone for that before.  Therefore we cannot prosecute anyone now.

Your tone is completely biased and avoids the issue. You're too concerned with Hillary's guilt to discuss Trump's obvious guilt. That's not helpful because Hillary isn't going to be prosecuted by her friends in the FBI. It may not be justice but it's what 'is'.

Quote:
I guess he's never hear the saying, "there's a first time for everything."  Because that standard means that no one can ever be prosecuted for an action that has only recently been outlawed.  For example, when texting while driving was made illegal in some states, they should not have ever been able to prosecute anyone because no one had been prosecuted before.  The same in the past with the first speeding laws.  Comey pulled that out of his ass to save Clinton thinking she was going to win the White House.

You're suspecting of Comey in the wrong way. He was a completely legitimate and straight cop and if he thought that prosecution was the right thing then he would have tried.

Trump attacking Comey is seen as evil attacking goodness and truth. Not even the R's will put any heart into fighting that conclusion when it's handed down. Whether it's completely 'right' or not isn't going to matter.

Quote:
The Democrats have been openly "colluding" with other nations during presidential elections.  John Kerry used that as a talking point, "I've talked with foreign leaders and they say 'you've got to beat this guy'" to convince liberals that the French and Russians really wanted Bush to lose.  Obama told the Russians that he would be able to have "more flexibility" once he won his upcoming re-election.  The only reason Trump can be made by the media to look guilty is that he is actually not guilty.  So when they accused him of it, he denied it.  Then the media used his denial as an admission that there was something wrong with him or his campaign talking to Russians. 

YOur man Trump is likely going to be taken down and that's the important part. None of your objections to the way it happened will hold any water. You could say that Trump has fallen victim to the corruption of your country's politics. But that isn't an excuse because he played into the corruption and used it to benefit himself.

It takes an especially extremist and biased attitude to not be able to admit the obvious burnsred.

The only credibility you maintain is in the fact that you understand that the Clintons were also corrupt. That's not going to do your side any good now.

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 12:31pm:
Your tone is completely biased and avoids the issue. You're too concerned with Hillary's guilt to discuss Trump's obvious guilt. That's not helpful because Hillary isn't going to be prosecuted by her friends in the FBI. It may not be justice but it's what 'is'.

You're suspecting of Comey in the wrong way. He was a completely legitimate and straight cop and if he thought that prosecution was the right thing then he would have tried.

Trump attacking Comey is seen as evil attacking goodness and truth. Not even the R's will put any heart into fighting that conclusion when it's handed down. Whether it's completely 'right' or not isn't going to matter.

YOur man Trump is likely going to be taken down and that's the important part. None of your objections to the way it happened will hold any water. You could say that Trump has fallen victim to the corruption of your country's politics. But that isn't an excuse because he played into the corruption and used it to benefit himself.

It takes an especially extremist and biased attitude to not be able to admit the obvious burnsred.

The only credibility you maintain is in the fact that you understand that the Clintons were also corrupt. That's not going to do your side any good now.
You're making this forum very unpopular.

What's that to me?

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  

What he said was that no prosecutor would feel safe prosecuting Hillary's crimes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Just Say No to Jeff Sessions
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy