Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Should Raise the Stakes in DACA Negotiations
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump Should Raise the Stakes in DACA Negotiations (Read 786 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump Should Raise the Stakes in DACA Negotiations
Reply #30 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Back on topic, the law is clearly on Trump's side here.
It's a shame we have District Court Judges who can't understand the law.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
Back on topic, the law is clearly on Trump's side here.

No, the law isn't on Trump's side. You're wrong. Ask me why you're wrong. Also ask me how much I get paid to set you straight on issues you don't know answers to.

Quote:
It's a shame we have District Court Judges who can't understand the law.

That is correct. These courts that don't agree with Trump should be eliminated. Noting should be stopping Trump's momentum. He's showing the world the true face of america!

He shows us in new jersey the love that whites and blacks have for each other. Luv ya sweet parts!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 1:07pm:
That is correct. These courts that don't agree with Trump should be eliminated.
This is nothing like what I said.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 7:09am:
If you can think of a better way to prevent people from being convicted of arbitrary laws or from arbitrary prosecution, I'd like to hear it. I won't buy into the idea of voluntary self selected jurors either.

LoL!

Why do you hate the idea of voluntarism so much, Jeff?  We've been fighting undeclared wars for more than fifteen years now under three presidents.  Those wars are pointless and highly unpopular with the American public.  Yet, our military has no trouble filling its ranks without the slavery of conscription.  The Army is turning away applicants and raising its standards for recruits.  No draft is remotely needed.

Pay jurors a decent wage, treat them like citizens instead of slaves and you'll have no trouble recruiting them either.

Would it have been a valid argument for Jefferson to have said, "Sure, I'd like to free my slaves - hypothetically.  But can you think of a better way to raise tobacco and cotton?  (and get underage girls to have my babies?)"

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:40am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:15am:
LoL!

Why do you hate the idea of voluntarism so much, Jeff?  We've been fighting undeclared wars for more than fifteen years now under three presidents.  Those wars are pointless and highly unpopular with the American public.  Yet, our military has no trouble filling its ranks without the slavery of conscription.  The Army is turning away applicants and raising its standards for recruits.  No draft is remotely needed.

Pay jurors a decent wage, treat them like citizens instead of slaves and you'll have no trouble recruiting them either.

Would it have been a valid argument for Jefferson to have said, "Sure, I'd like to free my slaves - hypothetically.  But can you think of a better way to raise tobacco and cotton?  (and get underage girls to have my babies?)"

The free market doesn't just decide to pay jurors or any  other workers a decent wage. And what is a decent wage anyway? Is that something you decide?

Are you suggesting a minimum wage for workers? If they're paid less to bring them down equal to MacD's workers would that be good.

Any talk of a minimum wage on a libertarian forum is just plain wrong!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:15am:
LoL!

Why do you hate the idea of voluntarism so much, Jeff? 
I love voluntarism. People in voluntary associations do lots of great stuff.

I oppose voluntary self selected juries. It's a very bad and unworkable idea.

"Recruiting" juries by paying them "well" won't produce the sort of jury I want to judge my case...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:40am:
The free market doesn't just decide to pay jurors or any  other workers a decent wage.
Jurors aren't "workers" and our courts of law are an authorized instrument of government.

Do I really need to remind you that government is not a "market" or that markets have no authority to "govern"?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:40am:
The free market doesn't just decide to pay jurors or any  other workers a decent wage. And what is a decent wage anyway? Is that something you decide?

Are you suggesting a minimum wage for workers? If they're paid less to bring them down equal to MacD's workers would that be good.

Any talk of a minimum wage on a libertarian forum is just plain wrong!

LoL!

Actually, I will backtrack on the phrase "decent wage."  What the government needs to pay jurors is a wage that will get enough people willing to be jurors so that so enslavement is needed.

Of course, we know that under a libertarian system, the courts won't be clogged with drug cases, gambling prosecutions and prostitution stings so there will be far fewer trials that need jurors.

As I said, there are upsides to authoritarianism.  It's easier to get cotton chopped and juries empaneled when forced labor is allowed.  But that doesn't outweigh the downside of slavery, in my opinion.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
I love voluntarism. People in voluntary associations do lots of great stuff.

I oppose voluntary self selected juries. It's a very bad and unworkable idea.

"Recruiting" juries by paying them "well" won't produce the sort of jury I want to judge my case...

Can you explain why it is unworkable to have volunteers on juries and why you would prefer enslaved people to hear your case?

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
LoL!

Actually, I will backtrack on the phrase "decent wage."  What the government needs to pay jurors is a wage that will get enough people willing to be jurors so that so enslavement is needed.

Of course, we know that under a libertarian system, the courts won't be clogged with drug cases, gambling prosecutions and prostitution stings so there will be far fewer trials that need jurors.

As I said, there are upsides to authoritarianism.  It's easier to get cotton chopped and juries empaneled when forced labor is allowed.  But that doesn't outweigh the downside of slavery, in my opinion.

You spoke from your heart on 'a decent wage' and now you can't backtrack. Jeff won't allow it and I think it's chickenshit and speaks to what you declare you really are. But it's o.k. with me if you want to backtrack.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Should Raise the Stakes in DACA Negotiations
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy