Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "Of course they wouldn't be expected to work."
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "Of course they wouldn't be expected to work." (Read 62 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

"Of course they wouldn't be expected to work."
Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
That's what the (R) Lt Governor of Kansas told NPR about his states implementing a work requirement for medicaid.  Instead of saying, "why should hard-working people be busting their rear ends to pay extra taxes so people getting free medicaid don't have to set alarms clocks" he had to explain how beneficial it is to health for a person to work.  Asked about people using medicaid to treat addictions, he said, "Of course they wouldn't be expected to work."

What?  Work is the best thing an addict can be doing.  It will help him take his mind off the Oxycontin or the Meth or whatever.  Of course unemployed people turn to drugs to avoid feeling useless.  If the "work therapy" is ineffective, at least the person can use their paycheck to buy the drugs instead of robbing old people and little kids like the government does.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Re: "Of course they wouldn't be expected to work."
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 6:58pm:
That's what the (R) Lt Governor of Kansas told NPR about his states implementing a work requirement for medicaid.  Instead of saying, "why should hard-working people be busting their rear ends to pay extra taxes so people getting free medicaid don't have to set alarms clocks" he had to explain how beneficial it is to health for a person to work.  Asked about people using medicaid to treat addictions, he said, "Of course they wouldn't be expected to work."

What?  Work is the best thing an addict can be doing.  It will help him take his mind off the Oxycontin or the Meth or whatever.  Of course unemployed people turn to drugs to avoid feeling useless.  If the "work therapy" is ineffective, at least the person can use their paycheck to buy the drugs instead of robbing old people and little kids like the government does.

It's something you need to bitch and complain about burnsred because it'a a problem that's mostly peculiar to your country.

Would adopting Norway's prison system help to curtail the problem? Continuing with US dogma in all respects seems to be just making matters worse.

What to do burnsred, what to do? Punish people more? That wouldn't be consistent with Norway's system which you support!

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
[quote author=5279784951160 link=1515801505/1#1 date=1515801810]

It's something you need to bitch and complain about burnsred because it'a a problem that's mostly peculiar to your country.

Would adopting Norway's prison system help to curtail the problem? Continuing with US dogma in all respects seems to be just making matters worse.

What to do burnsred, what to do? Punish people more? That wouldn't be consistent with Norway's system which you support!
In a civilized society nobody should be forced to work at the point of a gun!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
[quote author=5279784951160 link=1515801505/1#1 date=1515801810]

Would adopting Norway's prison system help to curtail the problem?
Curing addiction by imprisoning people?

What an illiberal thought.

Did Norwegians come up with that idea?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 12th, 2018 at 7:03pm:

Punish people more?  That's exactly the opposite of what I want to do.  I don't want to punish people for drug addiction.  I don't want to punish the addict by imprisoning him, nor keeping his drugs expensive by banning them.  I sure don't want to punish people who work hard instead of taking drugs all day by forcing them at gunpoint to pay for an addict's lifestyle.  I sure don't want to punish the hard-working by making them pay for prisons for drug users.

What a silly boy you are!

Write some more, though.  I just got a brand new bottle of Bulleit.  But maybe I should switch to Canadian Club for your posts, eh?

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › "Of course they wouldn't be expected to work."
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy