Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should Vohra resign as LNC Chair?
Poll
Poll closed Question: Should Arvin Vohra resign from his position as Vice-Chair?
bars   pie
*** This poll has now closed ***

Yes    
  2 (66.7%)
No    
  1 (33.3%)

Total votes: 3
« Created by: DontTread44 on: Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:39pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Should Vohra resign as LNC Chair? (Read 303 times)
DontTread44
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Should Vohra resign as LNC Chair?
Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Arvin Vohra since January 11 has been under scrutiny (again), this time for controversial opinions on the age of consent. Vohra claimed thinking "two men having sex is natural" but "a 25 year-old man having sex with a 15 year-old is an abomination" is "ludicrous".

If you aren't familiar, read more here: http://independentpoliticalreport.com/2018/01/lnc-vice-chair-arvin-vohra-once-ag...

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Should Vohra resign as LNC Chair?
Reply #1 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
DontTread44 wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 10:39pm:
Arvin Vohra since January 11 has been under scrutiny (again), this time for controversial opinions on the age of consent. Vohra claimed thinking "two men having sex is natural" but "a 25 year-old man having sex with a 15 year-old is an abomination" is "ludicrous".

If you aren't familiar, read more here: http://independentpoliticalreport.com/2018/01/lnc-vice-chair-arvin-vohra-once-ag...

You don't have the liberty to be so critical of any candidate for the libertarian party leadership.

Unless you can find another sane person to take the job. Stick with what you've got unless you can convince Roy Moore who has a valid excuse for being attracted to little girls.

use your imagination what that is. Heh.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Sleaze-bag.  Can him.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 2:38am
Print Post  
duplicate post. sorry.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:33am by SkyChief »  

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 8:34am
Print Post  

Lots of people have controversial opinions. Isn't one of the points of liberty to allow free expression of opinions?

That said, If the Libertarian Party ever wants to shed its image of being the Party of Libertine Druggies, they probably shouldn't have people like this as their spokesmen.

I've had a suspicion for years that the Libertarian Party has been infiltrated by "progressive" operatives whose goal is to smear the ideas of liberty and make them seem unattractive to people in general.

Edit: I didn't vote because I'm not a Party member.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:07am
Print Post  

It's an interesting idea:  get rid of anyone in the Libertarian Party who has controversial ideas on the subject of government regulation of our personal lives.  I guess that would be a good way to make the LP more mainstream and more like the establishment parties.  But the establishment parties are already - you know - established so acting more like them isn't likely to attract Dems and Reps. 

Plus, once the LP starts being as anti-freedom as the Dems and Reps, where do advocates of freedom go?  To a newly formed, "We Really Are Libertarian Party?" 

WRALP for short . . .

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:46am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:07am:
It's an interesting idea:  get rid of anyone in the Libertarian Party who has controversial ideas on the subject of government regulation of our personal lives.  I guess that would be a good way to make the LP more mainstream and more like the establishment parties.  But the establishment parties are already - you know - established so acting more like them isn't likely to attract Dems and Reps. 

Plus, once the LP starts being as anti-freedom as the Dems and Reps, where do advocates of freedom go?  To a newly formed, "We Really Are Libertarian Party?" 

WRALP for short . . .

The LP obviously needs to pretend to act like the other two parties until they get some decent support. Then after they get one candidate elected that candidate can start talking about LP party extremist freedom ideas like paying no taxes.

After 4 years of hearing that the entire country will support no taxes and elect the LP to government!

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:46am:
The LP obviously needs to pretend to act like the other two parties until they get some decent support. Then after they get one candidate elected that candidate can start talking about LP party extremist freedom ideas like paying no taxes.

After 4 years of hearing that the entire country will support no taxes and elect the LP to government!

I'd love to say that running one way and governing the opposite would never work, but that has been the Republicrats winning formula since 1988. 

But Trump is the closest thing to a non-establishment president we've had since Reagan and the media it beside itself trying to destroy him.  He has given up on ideas like building the wall that are unpopular with the media but that the voters wanted bad enough to put him in the White House.

If a libertarian ran as a populist or a mainstreamer, I'm not sure how he would be able to govern as a libertarian.  He could do things like stop the DEA from going after marijuana users in states where it is legalized as Obama did.  Potheads would be more free but only at the  whim of the president which is no freedom at all.  If the libertarian also stopped enforcement of federal gun laws, that wouldn't change anything much.  The federal government already sucks at enforcing its thousands of anti-gun laws but law-abiding gun-owners and sellers abide by them anyway.

Libertarians can't accept a temporary reprieve from enforcement of laws regulating personal conduct.  Not as a part of libertarianism anyway.  Too easy for a LEO to decide to enforce it anyway because it's his pet peeve or for the president to change his mind.  If freedom to us is just what we can get away with we don't need a political movement.  Each of us on his own can just start taking as much risk in breaking the law as we are willing to.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 11:07am:

Plus, once the LP starts being as anti-freedom as the Dems and Reps, where do advocates of freedom go?
Mainstream in America today  is not yet lowering the age of consent to 15.

Libertarian Party spokesmen who talk about it will keep the Libertarian Party marginalized, as will the obvious dolts who talk as if individual Liberty is all about getting high in whatever way you prefer... And nothing else they can think of except taxation is theft and children's natural rights should guarantee that children should be able to make their own decisions about everything, including what sort of drugs they want to use before and after sex.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 6:31pm:
Mainstream in America today  is not yet lowering the age of consent to 15.

Libertarian Party spokesmen who talk about it will keep the Libertarian Party marginalized, as will the obvious dolts who talk as if individual Liberty is all about getting high in whatever way you prefer.

And nothing else they can think of except taxation is theft and children's natural rights should guarantee that children should be able to make their own decisions about everything, including what sort of drugs they want to use before and after sex.

What part of libertarianism do you support, exactly?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Should Vohra resign as LNC Chair?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy