Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Was in on the Hawaii Caper.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Trump Was in on the Hawaii Caper. (Read 108 times)
Don_G
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Trump Was in on the Hawaii Caper.
Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:18am
Print Post  

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump Was in on the Hawaii Caper.
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:18am:

Is there anyone on this board besides Don who doesn't know that this "mistake" by the Democratic Party government in Obama's birthplace was intended as a prank on Trump in hopes that he would do something embarrassing?

Trump didn't fall for it of course.  He used to produce shows that were basically extended pranks so he recognized one when he sees it.  So now the HuffPo is crying because daddy didn't pwetend to be afwaid when they said "boo?"

Boo-freakin-hoo!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
burnsred wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 10:35am:
Is there anyone on this board besides Don who doesn't know that this "mistake" by the Democratic Party government in Obama's birthplace was intended as a prank on Trump in hopes that he would do something embarrassing?

Trump didn't fall for it of course.  He used to produce shows that were basically extended pranks so he recognized one when he sees it.  So now the HuffPo is crying because daddy didn't pwetend to be afwaid when they said "boo?"

Boo-freakin-hoo!

I like your theory because you're with me on it being intentional.

Whoever set it up would be taking a big chance of being found out. Trump knew it was a hoax of course because he just continued to play golf.

We're on the same side when it comes to this kind of stunt in the US!

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 14th, 2018 at 12:06pm:

Whoever set it up would be taking a big chance of being found out. Trump knew it was a hoax of course because he just continued to play golf.
Not sure the prankster took much of a chance.  Who would prosecute a Democrat for pranking Trump?

Yes, Trump knew it was a hoax right off.  I hope the majority of the people of Hawaii understood that as well.  Otherwise granting them statehood was a huuuuge mistake.

Quote:

Yes, the partisan rancor in your country gets worse and worse.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:16am
Print Post  

Whoever set it up would be taking a big chance of being found out.
Fanatics are willing to take chances for their causes. Besides, somebody somewhere in the Deep State swamp probably assured the button pusher he would be protected and nobody would ever learn he was part of a plot to try to get Trump to start a nuclear war...

Seriously, we need to know more about it before we could make any judgements, and we probably won't be allowed to learn.

I know, a Special Prosecutor should be appointed to find the truth!

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 7:16am:
Fanatics are willing to take chances for their causes. Besides, somebody somewhere in the Deep State swamp probably assured the button pusher he would be protected and nobody would ever learn he was part of a plot to try to get Trump to start a nuclear war...

Seriously, we need to know more about it before we could make any judgements, and we probably won't be allowed to learn.

I know, a Special Prosecutor should be appointed to find the truth!

Some libertarians at antiwar.com are voicing the opinion that it was deliberate too.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 12:21pm
Print Post  

Well that makes more sense than Trump being involved based on nothing more than he was golfing 20 minutes into the screw up.

Neither really makes sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." 

Incompetence is much more believable.

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 12:21pm:
Well that makes more sense than Trump being involved based on nothing more than he was golfing 20 minutes into the screw up.

Neither really makes sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." 

Incompetence is much more believable.

If Trump was the only one who didn't start running for shelter then it would be suspicious. I don't know if he was and didn't suggest he was.

What is more interesting is, how many people died or were injured. Likely some of both if the warning was spread all over the Islands.

IP Logged

burnsred

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
This was almost certainly either a prank to get Trump to act stupidly or an attempt to "show" how dangerous Trump is for "bringing us to the brink of nuclear war!"

Maybe they wanted footage of Trump abandoning his golf partners to quick get on Marine One as if that were a cowardly act.  Maybe the fact that he did nothing (since he smelled a hoax) was supposed to make him look bad. 

The second option actually makes even more sense.  The media has failed miserably in its attempt to convince us that the North Koreans are going to destroy America.  Li'l Kim has done his best to help them with that, but the American people are smarter than the media gives them credit for.  So someone decided to fake a nuclear attack to make people say, "The media is right!  We have to impeach or we're all gonna diyeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

I can't even give them a "nice try," for this one.  It was pretty lame and transparent.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 15th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
So, Trump was in Florida at the time, why does anyone think he had heard anything about this until hours later? 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump Was in on the Hawaii Caper.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy