Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Let be honest do u really want self ownership to be the law of Libgov
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Let be honest do u really want self ownership to be the law of Libgov (Read 251 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Let be honest do u really want self ownership to be the law of Libgov
Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Libertarin government I know I do I want true equity and egoism to be the normal but what are ur guys veiws on how self owner ship should be impamented in a libertain government

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Let be honest do u really want self ownership to be the law of Libgov
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:22am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:17am:
Libertarin government I know I do I want true equity and egoism to be the normal but what are ur guys veiws on how self owner ship should be impamented in a libertain government
Make slavery illegal. Prosecute slavers.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:17am:
...what are ur guys veiws on how self owner ship should be impamented in a libertain government

Self-ownership means each individual is the exclusive controller over his/her own person and property/wealth.  We cannot have self-ownership and income taxes - they are mutually exclusive. 

Income Tax requires the notion that the government may lay claim to (a portion of) a person's wealth or property.  Income Tax is a communist construct.  Self-ownership requires that government has no claim whatsoever to a person's wealth.

So, step #1 in implementing self ownership for a libertarian government would be to acknowlege that each person has full claim of their wealth and/or property.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:00pm:
Self-ownership means each individual is the exclusive controller over his/her own person and property/wealth.  We cannot have self-ownership and income taxes - they are mutually exclusive. 

Income Tax requires the notion that the government may lay claim to (a portion of) a person's wealth or property.  Income Tax is a communist construct.  Self-ownership requires that government has no claim whatsoever to a person's wealth.

So, step #1 in implementing self ownership for a libertarian government would be to acknowlege that each person has full claim of their wealth and/or property.

I fully agree, but . . .

Do you apply that concept to only income taxes or to other taxes as well?  Are any taxes acceptable?

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 10:22am:
Make slavery illegal. Prosecute slavers.

Jeff when was I ever pro slavery and there is ecomnic and mental sary along with physical so witch from of slavery do u want to have the death pentialy

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:08pm:
I fully agree, but . . .

Do you apply that concept to only income taxes or to other taxes as well?  Are any taxes acceptable?

Self-ownership only applies to Income Tax.  Because it accepts that the State lays claim to my wealth.  Any tax that can be avoided is okay by me. 

Don't want to pay a Tobacco Tax?  Buy tobacco from out-of-state and roll your own.  (Or grow your own)

Don't want to pay the Gasoline Tax?  Drive an electric car, or ride a bike. Or take the bus.

Don't want to pay Sales Tax?  Barter or use Bitcoin.

Don't want to pay a Property Tax?  Rent or lease.

All these Taxes are avoidable if an individual is so inclined, so they don't infringe on self-ownership, IMO.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:45pm:
Self-ownership only applies to Income Tax.  Because it accepts that the State lays claim to my wealth.  Any tax that can be avoided is okay by me. 

Don't want to pay a Tobacco Tax?  Buy tobacco from out-of-state and roll your own.  (Or grow your own)

Don't want to pay the Gasoline Tax?  Drive an electric car, or ride a bike. Or take the bus.

All these Taxes are avoidable if an individual is so inclined, so they don't infringe on self-ownership, IMO.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I somke pipe taboco it's it's cheep and dose not fall  Shockednder the tbobacko tax of any state I know of or lived in but the thing abought rent in ng is u have to deal  with other people's bullshit and I know of that in Nassau county ny is illgle to rent rooms there will allways be bullshit laws in this world and there will be loop holes but if u wanna resech that subject do it ur self

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:00pm:

No taxes=no government.
Is that what you want?

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 12:45pm:

Some excise taxes can be avoided, most cannot.

Barter? Live in a rented cave? The landlord is paying property tax and passing it on to you.

Rent an apartment? The landlord is paying property taxes and income taxes on profits he makes from renting out apartments, if he does earn any profits.

Any form of taxation takes wealth out of the free economy and puts in the hands of government.

The best known way to do it is to require that Direct taxes (such as property taxes and taxes on wages and salaries) are apportioned, and the Indirect taxes are uniform.

The best amount to take in taxes is just barely enough to support a strictly limited government.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 18th, 2018 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 18th, 2018 at 2:29pm:
No taxes=no government.
Is that what you want?

That's not necessarily true.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Let be honest do u really want self ownership to be the law of Libgov
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy