Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government is an Extortion Racket
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Government is an Extortion Racket (Read 454 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Government is an Extortion Racket
Reply #20 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Billie wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 5:47pm:
I thought the Congressional Black Caucus was helping Chinks buy up America?

Hm.  They said you didn't start drinking until five.  What time zone are you in?

Never mind . . . it's five o'clock somewhere!

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Jan 24th, 2018 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 3:37pm:
Smiley

Um ... what?

It's an argument that completely disproves the case for functional anarchy.

It says nothing about whether dysfunctional anarchy is moral or immoral, however.

Billie wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
The Chinks

It saddens me that Dissident Right was banned for doing this same sort of thing... to blacks and Muslims, while you get off scot-free.

It adds further irony to the situation that people can be banned for racism on a forum where all races are not equal. Provably, some get protection... and some do not.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Billie

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 6:37am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 10:37pm:
It saddens me that Dissident Right was banned for doing this same sort of thing... to blacks and Muslims, while you get off scot-free.

The difference I think is that I like Chinks and think they are equal in their Rights and Liberties to Hunkys like me, while your Cartoon Man hated Blacks and Muslims (who I also think are equal in their Rights and Liberties to even Presbyterian Norwegians).

Which "race" do you think is not protected on the forum? What makes you think that?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Jan 25th, 2018 at 9:30am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 24th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
When you define the government as an illegitimate thug, you disprove purist libertarianism as a working model. Here's how:

Purist libertarians first assert that in anarchy, everything will work itself out. There will be no or little opportunity for thugs to steal.

When you define the government as an illegitimate thug, you have defined your system into anarchy.

I did not define the government as an illegitimate thug, the government did by engaging in illegitimate, thug-like behavior.  The fact that government also engages in desirable behavior like defending the country from invaders and arresting violent lawbreakers doesn't change the illegitimacy of how they fund those endeavors.  Al Capone was famous for being generous:

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/al-capones-soup-kitchen-great-depression-chicag...

But he was also famous for making his money through the extortion racket I described.  Even in his legitimate business of selling alcohol, he was noted for murdering competitors and burning down businesses who patronized his competitors instead of trying to outsell them in the free market.

Quote:
It is an anarchy in which the prominence of stealing by thugs and the lack of answer by the free market disprove the assertion that anarchy will end well.

Right, whoever made that assertion is very wrong. 

Quote:
"But Mr. Libertarian, what if the thug becomes too powerful, and private security companies can't compete?"

"You're just silly, Billy. That can't happen because the free market won't let it."

Well, it already did.

Meaning that the government grew too big through its thuggery?

I never said we don't need a government.  I say that government can be funded without theft and I've offered several examples of ways to do that.  Doesn't take a genius to think of a hundred more - if you first get past thinking that theft is the only way and that no stealing means no government. 

The casual acceptance of theft as long as the government does it is understandable in the statist, LibDem vs. GOPCon world.  It is kind of strange on a libertarian forum. 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Government is an Extortion Racket
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy