Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Detailed examples of free markets doing well?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Detailed examples of free markets doing well? (Read 1294 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Detailed examples of free markets doing well?
Reply #110 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:18pm:
One time attempt with you because you're begging to talk to me.

I am?  Wow, I didn't know that.  I thought I though you're a useless troll so I didn't care.  Interesting.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I directly answered your question.  People work harder when they profit from working harder.  Not all of you, but most people do. 

So really, that needs to be explained?  Seriously?  Why people would work harder if they benefit from doing so?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #111 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:40pm:
People work harder when they profit from working harder.  Not all of you, but most people do. 

People have different ideas about how much they need and want, and usually adjust their output to their wants and needs, if they can. If they are allowed to and are lucky.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #112 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:25pm:
People have different ideas about how much they need and want, and usually adjust their output to their wants and needs, if they can. If they are allowed to and are lucky.

As you say for sure it varies person to person.  But overall, they will work harder if they see the benefit to themselves in doing so.  As a business owner, that benefit has to be clear.

One thing to do with low end workers is rather than giving them intermittent big pay bumps is to give them lots of small ones.  With higher end workers, that is less necessary.  Annual reviews is fine

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #113 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:45pm:
As you say for sure it varies person to person.  But overall, they will work harder if they see the benefit to themselves in doing so.  As a business owner, that benefit has to be clear.

If there were clear guaranteed benefits to owning businesses, more people would do it.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #114 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:45pm:
One thing to do with low end workers is rather than giving them intermittent big pay bumps is to give them lots of small ones.  With higher end workers, that is less necessary.  Annual reviews is fine
You sound like some of the idiots I worked for... Did I tell you that already?

Pay people what they are worth. Understand that there are reasons that everyone in the company works there, and that without the "low end" folks, the "higher end workers" would be out looking for work some other place, and it might not be "higher end work" they get.

And ah yes, alas, without "lower end people" working for his company, the owner's expectations of profit won't be realized.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #115 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:04pm:
If there were clear guaranteed benefits to owning businesses, more people would do it.

Capitalism is a great system.  The more we do right, the more we win in the market for it.  The more we do wrong, the more we are punished

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #116 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:09pm:
You sound like some of the idiots I worked for... Did I tell you that already?

Pay people what they are worth. Understand that there are reasons that everyone in the company works there, and that without the "low end" folks, the "higher end workers" would be out looking for work some other place, and it might not be "higher end work" they get.

And ah yes, alas, without "lower end people" working for his company, the owner's expectations of profit won't be realized.

Let's see, I owned businesses, you worked for a business.  Yeah, that's the same thing

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #117 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:18pm:
Let's see, I owned businesses, you worked for a business.  Yeah, that's the same thing
No, it's different.

As an owner you didn't have to work for idiots... Other than some of your customers of course, but owners usually shuffle idiot customers off onto their employees, so the employees have to work for both idiot bosses and idiot customers.

You say you know nothing about that? I know lots about it if you want to talk more about it.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #118 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 6:50pm:
No, it's different.

As an owner you didn't have to work for idiots... Other than some of your customers of course, but owners usually shuffle idiot customers off onto their employees, so the employees have to work for both idiot bosses and idiot customers.

You say you know nothing about that? I know lots about it if you want to talk more about it.

As an employee, all you cared about was your own selfish interests.  As an owner, I focused on what made us work as a business.

You don't know shit about a successful business.  You'd run it into the ground staring at your navel

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #119 - Feb 3rd, 2018 at 6:28am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 8:45pm:
As an employee, all you cared about was your own selfish interests.  As an owner, I focused on what made us work as a business.

Not true.

In fact I worked for several companies where employees were working hard to try to keep the company in business while the owners were bleeding the company for their own benefit (their right of course) and making bad business decisions that resulted in bankruptcy and the dissolution of the company.

Who gets hurt more? The employees who all lose their jobs.

The owners in the two instances I'm talking about walked away with big piles of money and all the employees had to find work elsewhere.

If as an owner you were really focused on what makes businesses work, you would have been talking about paying individual employees what they are worth to the company rather than talking about "low end" workers and "high end" workers and increasing their pay in different "scheduled" ways.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Detailed examples of free markets doing well?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy