Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax (Read 398 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax
Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
1)  In order to at least take the involuntary servitude element out of it, would you be willing to have government install ATM like machines on public sidewalks for payment of the tax?  Citizens walk out of the store and deposit the tax through their debit cards or with cash?  That way the store owner isn't forced to be a store owner/tax collector.

2)  At what point would the guns come out?  Under the IRS system, that takes a while.  All kinds of letters, meetings, filings and counter-filings until finally a citizen loses his house.  When he gets evicted, the men with guns come out to make sure that goes smoothly (for the government, not the citizen).

Is one of the benefits of the Fair Tax that this would be quicker?  As soon as the shopkeeper stops collecting taxes, he can be arrested for the crime of not being a tax collector.  Or if we used my idea in 1), the shopper can be arrested as soon as they walk out of the store with a bag of stuff and don't stop at the tax machine.

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:57pm by SnarkySack »  

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:50pm:
1)  In order to at least take the involuntary servitude element out of it, would you be willing to have government install ATM like machines on public sidewalks for payment of the tax?  Citizens walk of the store and deposit the tax through their debit cards or with cash?  That way the store owner isn't forced to be a store owner/tax collector.

2)  At what point would the guns come out?  Under the IRS system, that takes a while.  All kinds of letters, meetings, filings and counter-filings until finally a citizen loses his house.  When he gets evicted, the men with guns come out to make sure that goes smoothly.

Is one of the benefits of the Fair Tax that this would be quicker?  As soon as the shopkeeper stops collecting taxes, he can be arrested for the crime of not being a tax collector.  Or if we used my idea in 1), the shopper can be arrested as soon as they walk out of the store with a bag of stuff and don't stop at the tax machine.

It's always fine to talk about frivilous notions such as that but it's just fantasies of pseudo-libertarians and so shouldn't be taken seriously.

So why not a big bucket outside every store in which people can throw their loose change?

Or how about just leaving all taxation voluntary?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:55pm:
It's always fine to talk about frivilous notions such as that but it's just fantasies of pseudo-libertarians and so shouldn't be taken seriously.

So why not a big bucket outside every store in which people can throw their loose change?

Or how about just leaving all taxation voluntary?  Roll Eyes

Weird that a libertarian rolls his eyes at the thought of his government not being a kleptocracy. 

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:06pm:
Weird that a libertarian rolls his eyes at the thought of his government not being a kleptocracy. 

Govenment theft is a fantasy and especially government theft at gun point.

The latter when referred to as collecting taxes has most likely never actually happened but I would sure like to hear of some time it did?

Let's concentrate more on libertarianism that isn't just fantasies. This isn't about religion burnred.

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 1:11pm:
Govenment theft is a fantasy and especially government theft at gun point.

The latter when referred to as collecting taxes has most likely never actually happened but I would sure like to hear of some time it did?

Ok:

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/swat-teams-continue-raid-americans-unpaid-taxes...

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 2:09pm:

Sorry but breaking the law is a lot different than forcing somebody to pay taxes at gunpoint.

YOur ATF arrests criminals and in some extreme cases they may need to carry guns and point them when the criminal could be suspected of having guns too.

And case with David Koresh and his wacko followers was such a case and it was completely and totally on David for causing all those deaths.

Can you find me an example of a criminal handing over money at gun point? You use the term literally all the time so it must be true?

The law is the law for libertarians too. If you don't pay your taxes then you can be punished. You may be arrested at the point of a gun, thrown in jail, and be tried and convicted of a crime. You may be fined and have to pay money but likely you'll be jailed for a period of time.

In no conceivable way is that making you hand over your money at gun point.

Perhaps the first thing you socalled libertarians need to learn is to ACCEPT AUTHORITY FIGURES!

Get over what happened to you in your past. Daddy wasn't government, if that's got anything to do with the problem.

Or

If government punished you, it  wasn't government's fault. It was your fault. At least until you can prove it was somebody else's fault.

Do you want to talk about it?

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 2:51pm:
Sorry but breaking the law is a lot different than forcing somebody to pay taxes at gunpoint.

Not when the law is that you have to pay taxes or the men with guns will come.

Didn't feel like reading the rest, but I'll try to get to it sometime . . .

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:50pm:
1)  In order to at least take the involuntary servitude element out of it, would you be willing to have government install ATM like machines on public sidewalks for payment of the tax?  Citizens walk out of the store and deposit the tax through their debit cards or with cash?  That way the store owner isn't forced to be a store owner/tax collector.

2)  At what point would the guns come out?  Under the IRS system, that takes a while.  All kinds of letters, meetings, filings and counter-filings until finally a citizen loses his house.  When he gets evicted, the men with guns come out to make sure that goes smoothly (for the government, not the citizen).

So there are 50 things that government forces us to do.  Of those 50 things, you want to remove the easiest one of the 50.  Sure, I'd like that.  But less than the other 49 things where government says we're their bitch, bend over.

Here's your priority. So Jewish women in German concentration camps. Would you like conditioner for your hair?

You and Jeff are the most useless bitches in all of humanity

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:20pm:
So there are 50 things that government forces us to do.  Of those 50 things, you want to remove the easiest one of the 50.  Sure, I'd like that.  But less than the other 49 things where government says we're their bitch, bend over.

How would government even afford their guns and bullets once we take away their power to rob us at gunpoint?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:35pm:
How would government even afford their guns and bullets once we take away their power to rob us at gunpoint?

If you take any functioning member of society, you call them bitch.  No one who owns property is remotely free in your Hitler system.

And you call that the removal of the power to rob us at gun point

So you take a Jew in a concentration camp.  Oh, but wait.  You're not Hitler, you're Mussolini.  Yeah, that's better

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy