Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax (Read 333 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax
Reply #30 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 4:25pm:
Ok, so your opposition to income tax...

I'm just asking, that question is not meant to be snarky.

Listen you snarky sack of shit, I constantly say the taxes on people's incomes, or corporations incomes are authorized by the Constitution as long as they are uniform, and as such, I approve of them.

But that's not what we we're talking about.

You were extolling the virtues of VATs, which you say are wonderful as long as you call them "fair".

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #31 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:17pm:
Listen you snarky sack of shit, I constantly say the taxes on people's incomes, or corporations incomes are authorized by the Constitution as long as they are uniform, and as such, I approve of them.

But that's not what we we're talking about.

You were extolling the virtues of VATs, which you say are wonderful as long as you call them "fair".

OK, Jeff.  I explained it to you again.  But you're stupid as shit and can't grasp what VATs are no matter how many times it's explained to you.  So what about when I explained it to you ... again ... were you too dullard to grasp?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:19pm:
OK, Jeff.  I explained it to you again.  But you're stupid as shit and can't grasp what VATs are no matter how many times it's explained to you.  So what about when I explained it to you ... again ... were you too dullard to grasp?
I know about VATs and how they work.

The problem with me is the "fair" tax, which is a VAT that is purported to be good because it is a "fair" VAT.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #33 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:27pm:
I know about VATs and how they work.

The problem with me is the "fair" tax, which is a VAT that is purported to be good because it is a "fair" VAT.

The name of the proposal is "The Fair Tax."  You're saying that's your issue?

How does incorrectly labeling it a VAT address that?  When I explained it to you, you didn't understand the difference, did you?

It's pathetic that when government makes business far more complicated then it needs to be, you pass that off as irrelevant.  The VAT is a very, very complicated way to accomplish the same thing a Fair Tax does.

And VATs are also one tax, the Fair Tax proposal is that's the only tax

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:30pm:
The name of the proposal is "The Fair Tax."  You're saying that's your issue?

How does incorrectly labeling it a VAT address that?  When I explained it to you, you didn't understand the difference, did you?

Their isn't any difference. That's the problem. The "fair" label doesn't change the fact there is no practical difference in levying a VAT and levying the "fair" tax.

You can't seem to understand that. The "Fair" Tax seems to be dogma to you.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #35 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:42pm:
Their isn't any difference. That's the problem. The "fair" label doesn't change the fact there is no practical difference in levying a VAT and levying the "fair" tax.

You can't seem to understand that. The "Fair" Tax seems to be dogma to you.

So you read my half a page description and didn't grasp it.  That's so ... you ...

Have a drink for me, sot

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 6:11pm:
So you read my half a page description and didn't grasp it. 

I understood it well before I ever heard you mention it.

Clarify one thing for me, so I can understand where it is exactly that your misapprehension arises...

What determines who/what a "final consumer" or "retail customer" is for the purpose of the "fair tax"?

Please also assure me that the "fair tax" will only be implemented by a Constitutional amendment that will prohibit all other forms of taxation to the national government, so we won't be like all those other countries and get a VAT in addition to the taxes we have now.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #37 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 7:17pm:
I understood it well before I ever heard you mention it.

Clarify one thing for me, so I can understand where it is exactly that your misapprehension arises...

What determines who/what a "final consumer" or "retail customer" is for the purpose of the "fair tax"?

Please also assure me that the "fair tax" will only be implemented by a Constitutional amendment that will prohibit all other forms of taxation to the national government, so we won't be like all those other countries and get a VAT in addition to the taxes we have now.

Exactly, you didn't grasp what I wrote.  Truth be told, you didn't read it at all, did you, druggie?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 8:14am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 7:50pm:
Exactly, you didn't grasp what I wrote.  Truth be told, you didn't read it at all, did you, druggie?
You keep saying the same sorts of nothing.

I have a business mining and selling iron ore.

When you buy my iron ore and smelt it into iron ingots, you are the retail purchaser of my final finished product, which is iron ore, so the "fair tax" is applied to the sale, is it not?

When a manufacturer of cast iron stoves buys your iron ingots, he buys your final finished product and is the retail purchaser of your product, so the "fair tax" applies, does it not?

When a retailer of cast iron stoves buys the finished stoves for resale, he is not he final user, so the "fair tax" does not apply, right?

But when I buy a stove from a retailer, the "fair tax" applies again, correct?

That's exactly how any VAT is levied isn't it?

Just be sure to include a Constitutional amendment altering Congress' power to "lay and collect taxes" (plural) as part of the "fair tax" package so it isn't just another tax laid on top of the ones we have.

I know you keep saying that the "fair tax" will "replace all other taxes", but without a Constitutional amendment, it won't.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #39 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 8:14am:
But when I buy a stove from a retailer, the "fair tax" applies again, correct?

That's exactly how any VAT is levied isn't it?

OK, proof again that you didn't read my explanation of the VAT.  I answered this in reply #26 where I explained the difference between a VAT and a sales tax to you ... again ...

But no, VATs are not only charged to the end customer, sales taxes are.  Again, you obviously didn't read it

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › TWO MORE Questions for Supporters of the Fair Tax
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy