Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unvercal rights what is Wong with this idea
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Unvercal rights what is Wong with this idea (Read 627 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Unvercal rights what is Wong with this idea
Jan 29th, 2018 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
I believe in equal rights for everyone that makes me the bad guy I am not good but I am not bad I am just an imperfect human like the rest of us but I refuse to move on and forget my opresstion I when under cuz I was a kid I just want them to have legal power over them self's like an adult if that makes me evil then I will be evil enen tho I reserve that Tite for rapeists and serial kills most of the world is gray nonthing is clear cut and everything has context but some people want to be superfhil and olny care abought ecomic liberty I care more abought cival libertes that's y I was ddrawen to the lp in the frist place I would be a demon if that dropped the progrive shit and just foced on cival libertes

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Unvercal rights what is Wong with this idea
Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
The idea that children or the mentally challenged don't have rights strikes me as profoundly myopic.

People who want to take rights away from minors because minors can't be expected to make the right choices should examine the Hellscape around them caused my endowing normal people with rights when they can't make the right choices.

People get pregnant and become a burden on others while the responsible are forced not to reproduce because all those irresponsibly-produced babies just have to be fed and clothed and medicated, skyrocketing the price of having one beyond the reach of the responsible.

People get drunk and wander the streets, becoming criminals because they can't stop drinking and drugging. They turn to crime.

People spread AIDS. The responsible can no longer sell their blood because half the people trying are infected.

Not only do they not make the right choices, they probably can't. Normal people are hypocrites who want to take away rights from the mentally challenged because they have almost double their IQ. Well I have almost double a normal person's IQ. This desire to remove rights is entirely a question of perspective. Must I surrender my rights when a computer with double my IQ comes around and proves that I harm myself rather than making the correct choices? Can't be trusted with my own wellbeing then?

Bullshit.

When all these people lose their rights, I will agree that children shouldn't have any. Not before.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 12:29am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 11:59pm:
The idea that children or the mentally challenged don't have rights strikes me as profoundly myopic.

People who want to take rights away from minors because minors can't be expected to make the right choices should examine the Hellscape around them caused my endowing normal people with rights when they can't make the right choices.

People get pregnant and become a burden on others while the responsible are forced not to reproduce because all those irresponsibly-produced babies just have to be fed and clothed and medicated, skyrocketing the price of having one beyond the reach of the responsible.

People get drunk and wander the streets, becoming criminals because they can't stop drinking and drugging. They turn to crime.

People spread AIDS. The responsible can no longer sell their blood because half the people trying are infected.

Not only do they not make the right choices, they probably can't. Normal people are hypocrites who want to take away rights from the mentally challenged because they have almost double their IQ. Well I have almost double a normal person's IQ. This desire to remove rights is entirely a question of perspective. Must I surrender my rights when a computer with double my IQ comes around and proves that I harm myself rather than making the correct choices? Can't be trusted with my own wellbeing then?

Bullshit.

When all these people lose their rights, I will agree that children shouldn't have any. Not before.
opo I could not have said better my self other then the face the frist goup the np killed where the mentally incomoatant and this was before atown squre shooting or the holocaust with olny 1)3 of the people whee Jews not to mation the forced sterilization of black people then ended pontentchel life from froming most people are full of bullshit u and I know but these people can't see restions what that call common sense I call Stockholm Syndrome

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 4:05am
Print Post  

This reminds me of an old rat-pack joke...

Frank:  "Say, Dean, those are some really nice cuff-links you have.."

Dean: (in a drunken drawl)  Oh, these aren't cuff-links.  They're curb-feelers!"      *audience laughter*

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 10:19am
Print Post  
People who want to take rights away from minors because minors can't be expected to make the right choices
Rational people want to temporarily limit the complete exercise of the rights every child is born with, because children don't often have enough knowledge and experience to make good decisions on their own.

The rate at which children gain knowledge and experience differs greatly from child to child and society to society. Children in rural societies where most people live by farming (or hunting and gathering) are generally expected to assume adult responsibilities right around the age of sexual maturity.
Children in U.S. cities today don't seem to ever be expected to assume adult responsibilities, for which I blame the ideas of "progressives".

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 10:19am:
Rational people want to temporarily limit the complete exercise of the rights every child is born with, because children don't often have enough knowledge and experience to make good decisions on their own.

The rate at which children gain knowledge and experience differs greatly from child to child and society to society. Children in rural societies where most people live by farming (or hunting and gathering) are generally expected to assume adult responsibilities right around the age of sexual maturity.
Children in U.S. cities today don't seem to ever be expected to assume adult responsibilities, for which I blame the ideas of "progressives".
so Jeff u sapont the sending of the kid the stole booze from wall Mart the dwied and run over 5 people killing 3 u sIcken me Jeff  y don't u grow a cupple of breain cells pergriviveism is not the course of everything

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2018 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 10:19am:
temporarily limit the complete exercise of the rights

In other words, take away rights.

A dumbshit normal person wants to buy 100 lotto tickets because he doesn't understand probability, and we can't stop him because he has rights.

A dumbshit actual retarded person wants to buy 100 lotto tickets with his own money and we can stop him... for his own good of course.

One of these things doesn't belong, Sesame Street.

A: One of these people doesn't have rights!

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:34am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 11:06am:
so Jeff u sapont the sending of the kid the stole booze from wall Mart the dwied and run over 5 people killing 3 u sIcken me Jeff  y don't u grow a cupple of breain cells pergriviveism is not the course of everything
What?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:37am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 30th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
In other words, take away rights.

No. Limit their exercise temporarily until the child proves competent to exercise them.

For instance, my Father limited my right to keep and bear arms until I was 12, at which time he decided I was competent to responsibly exercise that right with the rifle he gave me when I was 11.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:34am:
What?
http://healthland.time.com/2013/12/13/drunk-driving-teen-avoids-jail-because-of-...
What u don't remember this care u do not live in individual responsibility land u are a protector libertains beliven in corruping people with fact and olny holding the individual repisncle for there actions

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Unvercal rights what is Wong with this idea
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy