Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Convected fellons that servedthere time should have the right to vote
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Convected fellons that servedthere time should have the right to vote (Read 1056 times)
kaz
Libertarian Freedom Member

Minarchist

Re: Convected fellons that servedthere time should have the right to vote
Reply #70 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:58pm:
Don_G, the mod(s) or admin at WC forum wouldn't let me change "Spaceman" rank to "Spacewoman" rank (they think I'm some other person that was banned).

Cool.  Now what about backing up your claim that voting is a Constitutional right

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #71 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That doesn't explain the avatar. It's your problem to explain away now.

Again, who cares?

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:05pm:
Bingo.  There is no right to vote in the Constitution.  It's not there
Rights don't need to be in the Constitution.

Who is permitted to vote is up to the states, that's what the Constitution says.

Edit: Just in case you want to go that way, state governments are not permitted to discriminate because of race or religion or national origin. They must assume that everyone is human and go from there.

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Don_G, do you work for the US Federal Government or a private organization hired by the US Federal Government? Also, it's been years since I was at WC forums, so the reason why that male avatar picture wasn't a female avatar picture is because I think that either the admin didn't want to provide female avatar pictures or I didn't discover the means on that website to change that male avatar picture to a female avatar picture (I don't remember for certain).  And for somebody that claims to be Canadian, you posted so much of the US Constitution as topics, but you apparently didn't post much of Canada's Constitution as topics or as a topic; so why exactly did you cause that to occur?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:34pm:
Don_G, do you work for the US Federal Government or a private organization hired by the US Federal Government?
Ask him how much he is paid, he's dying to brag about it.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #75 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:29pm:
Rights don't need to be in the Constitution.

Who is permitted to vote is up to the states, that's what the Constitution says.

Edit: Just in case you want to go that way, state governments are not permitted to discriminate because of race or religion or national origin. They must assume that everyone is human and go from there.

You have a way of lecturing me while you repeat back to me what I said.  Sex and age (over 18) they can't deny the vote based on.

What's funny are the people who get that according to civil rights legislation that you can't deny vote based on for example race.  But they get you can deny it based on their behavior or that sort of thing.

As you said when you repeated what I said back to me, they can't deny the vote based on certain factors (race, ...), that does not say they have a right to vote.  There is no right to vote in the Constitution.  Which means it goes to the States to decide that

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #76 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:34pm:
Don_G, do you work for the US Federal Government or a private organization hired by the US Federal Government? Also, it's been years since I was at WC forums, so the reason why that male avatar picture wasn't a female avatar picture is because I think that either the admin didn't want to provide female avatar pictures or I didn't discover the means on that website to change that male avatar picture to a female avatar picture (I don't remember for certain).  And for somebody that claims to be Canadian, you posted so much of the US Constitution as topics, but you apparently didn't post much of Canada's Constitution as topics or as a topic; so why exactly did you cause that to occur?

So you're running away from your claim that the right to vote is in the Constitution?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:05pm:
Sex and age (over 18) they can't deny the vote based on.
States have broad powers under the Constitution to determine who will vote in their state. They could just as easily raise the voting age to 25 as they could raise the drinking age to 25. They could say that only women aged 25 to 60 are allowed to vote...

What do you see that would prevent that?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #78 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:14pm:
States have broad powers under the Constitution to determine who will vote in their state. They could just as easily raise the voting age to 25 as they could raise the drinking age to 25. They could say that only women aged 25 to 60 are allowed to vote...

What do you see that would prevent that?

The 26th amendment

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 5:16pm:
The 26th amendment
Right. I forget about that one because I would like to get rid of it. Let's get rid of it.

Who advocated for taking that particular power from the states?
What was said in the debates on ratification? How did the people feel about it?
What could have induced the states to ratify an amendment that reduced their power?
Who controlled the state legislatures that ratified the amendment?
Were they all elected from safe gerrymandered Districts?

These are serious questions. I think it possible that the Constitution was altered without the approval of the people, and that such an amendment would be void.

But anyway, what's that got to do with a state deciding to limit the vote to women aged 18 to 65?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Convected fellons that servedthere time should have the right to vote
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy