Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Consent of the Governed Falsifiable?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is Consent of the Governed Falsifiable? (Read 970 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Is Consent of the Governed Falsifiable?
Reply #120 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:05pm:
Make sure your state representative knows what you think about politicians. Murmur things in the back of the meeting about "traitor" and "hung", perhaps say loudly  "No, he has a right to be tried and convicted before he is hung!"

Propose people who are not politicians as delegates to the convention. Talk about the people you want to go to the convention on your behalf, and why.

Mention hanging traitors again if it seems necessary.

All the representatives in my state are politicians.  I think almost by definition.  Many of them are lawyers in their day jobs and they like being politicians also because of a law (that they passed) which allows their clients to get delays and continuances in cases as long as the legislature is in session because their lawyer has to be in the capital.  So those lawyer/representatives can charge clients big bucks for that option.

I'm not sure those are the folks I want selecting delegates who will be forming "my" new government.

I like the idea about mentioning hanging the traitors, though.  That should be in the back of every government official's mind. 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #121 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:13pm:
All the representatives in my state are politicians.
Yes, things were allowed to get out of hand almost everywhere.

It is time to tell your "political" state Representatives what you require them to do for you, which is to select non-politicians from your state to be delegates.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #122 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 6:22pm:
Yes, things were allowed to get out of hand almost everywhere.

It is time to tell your "political" state Representatives what you require them to do for you, which is to select non-politicians from your state to be delegates.

You're both going to be LP'ers so you can demand it of the candidates berore they even get the nomination. Obviously nobody will pay any attention.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #123 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You're both going to be LP'ers so you can demand it of the candidates berore they even get the nomination. Obviously nobody will pay any attention.
Nomination? What do you think we were talking about?

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #124 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
Nomination? What do you think we were talking about?

You were talking about 'telling your state reps' and I said you will be talking to prospective LP candidates instead. Tell them and convince them.

If was confusing for you because you won't be supporting the LP candidate. And fwiw, neither will burnsred. But we can pretend.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #125 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You were talking about 'telling your state reps'...
Yes, telling them not to select any politicians to send to the Constitutional convention. Not even any Libertarian Party politicians.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Is Consent of the Governed Falsifiable?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy