Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof of the Deep State?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Proof of the Deep State? (Read 194 times)
BobK71
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Proof of the Deep State?
Jan 31st, 2018 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
I have a hypothesis.  Think of the following major events of history:

1. The Western de-monetization of silver in favor of gold in the 1860s and 70s.

2. Britain and the US joining World War I, for no real reason except getting massive numbers of people killed to stop Germany from dominating Europe.

3. The cultivation of US-India ties going at least as far back as the 1990s.

4. The nurturing of Bitcoin and crypto-currencies (mark my words: they'll do well!)

What these events have in common is that they were not exactly by popular demand (Americans were down right against joining World War I, until the 1917 Espionage Act made it illegal to publish anti-war commentary.)  And they were not something short-sighted politicians would be interested in.  The vast majority of members of the elite classes probably never understood them.

They were/are careful, patient, away-from-the-limelight, long-sighted, if not long-range, projects, that fundamentally improved the position of the Western state-bank alliance's global empire.  (More specifically, improving the power of the empire to blow and support financial bubbles.)

So is this proof that there *is* a shadowy deep state with only a small membership, which is not only more powerful than anything else, but which must be internally unified before their members can go out and implement decisions in lock step, without confusion?

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof of the Deep State?
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 2:00pm:

2. Britain and the US joining World War I, for no real reason except getting massive numbers of people killed to stop Germany from dominating Europe.

4. The nurturing of Bitcoin and crypto-currencies (mark my words: they'll do well!)

What these events have in common is that they were not exactly by popular demand (Americans were down right against joining World War I, until the 1917 Espionage Act made it illegal to publish anti-war commentary.)  And they were not something short-sighted politicians would be interested in.  The vast majority of members of the elite classes probably never understood them.

They were/are careful, patient, away-from-the-limelight, long-sighted, if not long-range, projects, that fundamentally improved the position of the Western state-bank alliance's global empire.  (More specifically, improving the power of the empire to blow and support financial bubbles.)

So is this proof that there *is* a shadowy deep state with only a small membership, which is not only more powerful than anything else, but which must be internally unified before their members can go out and implement decisions in lock step, without confusion?

My opinion Bob is that it's no different than with the British empire or even the Roman empire. It's human nature to empire build if a nation state thinks it has the power to do so.

I think that the strength of empire will be more important in the future than it's been in the past due to dwindling world resources.

Another huge difference is the fact that two, three, or more large powerful nations are going to be directly competing for wealth. Wealth that is beoming more essential to survival.

Our saving grace in MAD, or the nuclear deterrent.

In my opinion this is the reason for the phony demonization of Russia, and the China demonization is starting too. Not to suggest the US is the only guilty party. I'm not renegging on my feeling that it's human nature.

Good to hear you becoming involved in the politics!

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 2:00pm:

Those are more examples than proof.  There should be no need to prove its existence to the members and guests of this board.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

Don_G

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:41pm:
Those are more examples than proof.  There should be no need to prove its existence to the members and guests of this board.

I think Bob needs to define what he visualizes as a deep state with a very small membership. If he's suggesting something similar to Bush2's gang of neocons then that's quite different from my perception.

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 7:39pm:
My opinion Bob is that it's no different than with the British empire or even the Roman empire. It's human nature to empire build if a nation state thinks it has the power to do so.

All of this is true.  The difference with modern times though, is that finance is a much bigger factor.  Finance is a difficult and highly specialized field.  So it both requires and makes possible a small-clique, highly unified operation at the very top, from the point of view of the elites.

I think that the strength of empire will be more important in the future than it's been in the past due to dwindling world resources.

Good point.

Another huge difference is the fact that two, three, or more large powerful nations are going to be directly competing for wealth. Wealth that is beoming more essential to survival.

Our saving grace in MAD, or the nuclear deterrent.

Let us hope for a multi-polar world.  This is something the Western elites want badly to avoid, but may have to live with.  Nuclear weaponry is a good example of how unintended consequences of a system based on theft, deception and aggression slowly tie up the hands of the elites.

In my opinion this is the reason for the phony demonization of Russia, and the China demonization is starting too. Not to suggest the US is the only guilty party. I'm not renegging on my feeling that it's human nature.

Media control is par for the course.  In these days of 24 hour Trump related comments and nothing else, you can almost use the old joke, how can you tell when the press is lying?  When their lips are moving.
Good to hear you becoming involved in the politics!

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:29am
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 9:41pm:

True, but, as I mentioned in another reply, the nature of this deep state is highly interesting, in that the financial element is an essential, if not central element in modern imperial power, and yet few people truly understand money.

So what we have at the top could be a lot more highly organized than most people, even those more in-the-know, who are on this board, realize.

At least something to keep in the back of your mind.

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Don_G wrote on Jan 31st, 2018 at 11:35pm:
I think Bob needs to define what he visualizes as a deep state with a very small membership. If he's suggesting something similar to Bush2's gang of neocons then that's quite different from my perception.

On that I don't have any special information.  They never seem to invite me to meetings!   All I can do is to piece together public information, hopefully in a new light.

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:45am
Print Post  
BTW, I could have used the small clique that traveled in secret to Jekyll Island to design the Federal Reserve, as an example.  (And the interesting thing there would be that, even in that small group, only one person, Paul Warburg, truly understood finance, enough to see the design through end-to-end.)

The problem with that, and most other events, is that they can be explained away with relatively innocent motivations.  Americans had refused to trust central banks for seven decades, so why wouldn't nobly minded public servants be secretive about it?

The thing about the examples I list is that they are hard to explain away like so.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:51am
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:29am:
True, but, as I mentioned in another reply, the nature of this deep state is highly interesting, in that the financial element is an essential, if not central element in modern imperial power, and yet few people truly understand money.

Authoritarian governments throughout history have set themselves up with Government Central Banks or their equivalent, and Emperors and Kings have been debasing money since prehistoric times.

All that resulted directly in the prohibition in the U.S. Constitution of making anything but gold or silver "money".

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:57am
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 9:45am:
BTW, I could have used the small clique that traveled in secret to Jekyll Island to design the Federal Reserve, as an example.  (And the interesting thing there would be that, even in that small group, only one person, Paul Warburg, truly understood finance, enough to see the design through end-to-end.)

The problem with that, and most other events, is that they can be explained away with relatively innocent motivations.  Americans had refused to trust central banks for seven decades, so why wouldn't nobly minded public servants be secretive about it?

The thing about the examples I list is that they are hard to explain away like so.
It's pretty much an open 'secret' that "progressives" have been planning to make America (and the world!) 'better' all along, and they need coercive power to accomplish their goal.

Since many people are opposed to coercive government power, the "progressives" try to hide or disguise what they are doing, as in "If you let us control the quantity and value of "money", we will prevent normal business cycles from ever again causing a downturn, much less a recession or a depression."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof of the Deep State?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy