Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof of the Deep State?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Proof of the Deep State? (Read 550 times)
SnarkySack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof of the Deep State?
Reply #20 - May 23rd, 2018 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 8:58am:
I just read It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, 1935.

On page 341 of the Signet Classics edition, 2014, the protagonist says of the new fascist US President character, "His clique was not a government within a government: it was the government itself..."

If you look up "deep state" on Wikipedia you will see it described as a "government within a government."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_within_a_state

It's interesting to see that some were aware of this kind of thing way back then, and it seems to be what we have now is a fascist deep state led by lying James Clapper, John Brennan, and their unelected apparatchiki like John Bolton, who will never allow peace with Russia, Iran, or North Korea, and only a grudging, temporary, detente with China.

Trump's biggest mistake was in assuming that he needed to hire experienced government people to run his government.  He was elected to bring a business-like approach to government, something those deep-staters you mentioned, along with Session, Rosenstein, et al, have no idea how to do that. 

They got where they are by being the best at political intrigue, not by being good at governing for the people. 

It's incredible how well Trump has done in spite of the animosity of both parties and the entrenched deep state to the will of the voters.

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - May 23rd, 2018 at 12:39pm
Print Post  

Thanks.  Here's another piece from history.  It took 300 years for this to come out (talk about deep!)  About the Glorious Revolution:

After being revisited by historians in 1988—the third centennial of the event—several researchers have argued that the "revolution" was actually a successful Dutch invasion of Britain.[99] The events were unusual because the establishment of a constitutional monarchy (a de facto republic, see Coronation Oath Act 1688) and Bill of Rights meant that the apparently invading monarchs, legitimate heirs to the throne, were prepared to govern with the English Parliament. It is difficult to classify the entire proceedings of 1687–89 but it can be seen that the events occurred in three phases: conspiracy, invasion by Dutch forces and "Glorious Revolution". It has been argued that the invasion aspect had been downplayed as a result of a combination of British pride and successful Dutch propaganda, trying to depict the course of events as a largely internal English affair.

Oh, and it just happened, after this glorious affair, England took over as head of the global state-bank alliance.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - May 23rd, 2018 at 1:02pm
Print Post  

On page 341 of the Signet Classics edition, 2014, the protagonist says of the new fascist US President character, "His clique was not a government within a government: it was the government itself..."

If you look up "deep state" on Wikipedia you will see it described as a "government within a government."

It's interesting to see that some were aware of this kind of thing way back then, and it seems to be what we have now is a fascist deep state led by lying James Clapper, John Brennan, and their unelected apparatchiki like John Bolton, who will never allow peace with Russia, Iran, or North Korea, and only a grudging, temporary, detente with China.

The people elected Trump out of desperation Tom, and allow it to happen. Prosperity for the wealthy is the big game and it goes for all the instances you list. And it comes off the backs of the people so it's going to be shorlived, as is extemeism always is.

I was going to start a new thread on this topic but it fits so well here:

Harley-Davidson: Made in Taiwan.

Trump's promise was shorlived and it's being quickly proven that his extreme right priorities are more important.

It's only resulted in the loss of 800 American jobs but what a great way to illustrate what Trump really is!

And there couldn't be a better company/corp to stick it to! He's bound to piss off at least 800,000 or 8,000,000 vainglorious Americans!

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - May 24th, 2018 at 9:21pm
Print Post  

I repeat my last sentence from yesterday.  The Deep State will never allow peace.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - May 25th, 2018 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:21pm:
I repeat my last sentence from yesterday.  The Deep State will never allow peace.
Neither will the world economy-

http://thecrux.com/the-next-recession-will-be-devastatingly-non-linear/

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/24/news/economy/turkey-economy-lira-erdogan/index.h...

Failed governments start wars. It's traditional...

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - May 25th, 2018 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Sicklers Dink wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 1:02pm:
The people elected Trump out of desperation Tom, and allow it to happen. Prosperity for the wealthy is the big game and it goes for all the instances you list. And it comes off the backs of the people so it's going to be shorlived, as is extemeism always is.

I was going to start a new thread on this topic but it fits so well here:

Harley-Davidson: Made in Taiwan.

Trump's promise was shorlived and it's being quickly proven that his extreme right priorities are more important.

You've been right all along.

I'd been grasping at the possibility that Trump was a peacenik in wolves' clothing who might change the direction of US foreign policy, and who appointed guys like Bolton and Pompeo to office in order to keep his enemies close, which may have made me seem like a Trump supporter or apologist.

Now I 've given up on that hope, and it makes no difference to me whether he has voluntarily embraced the Brennan-Clapper-Netanyahu deep state neoconservative fascist agenda or has been coerced into accepting it .

Just wanted you to know that I'm over it and am adding more hard liquor to my beer regimen.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #26 - May 25th, 2018 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on May 25th, 2018 at 8:04am:

I'd been grasping at the possibility that Trump was a peacenik in wolves' clothing who might change the direction of US foreign policy, and who appointed guys like Bolton and Pompeo to office in order to keep his enemies close, which may have made me seem like a Trump supporter or apologist.

Now I 've given up on that hope, and it makes no difference to me whether he has voluntarily embraced the Brennan-Clapper-Netanyahu deep state neoconservative fascist agenda or has been coerced into accepting it .
On the other hand, appeasement doesn't work well to maintain peace.

What was the direction of U.S. foreign policy under Obama? (Discounting his continuation of all the small Bush 'wars' of course...). It looked like appeasement to me.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - May 25th, 2018 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:21pm:

+1    Smiley

Keep the war(s) going.  Break stuff.  Sell weapons. Loan money to rebuild.  rinse. repeat...

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #28 - May 25th, 2018 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on May 25th, 2018 at 8:04am:

Just wanted you to know that I'm over it and am adding more hard liquor to my beer regimen.

Take solace in being one of the first to understand Tom.

Did the Trump renegging on Harley-Davidson has a large impact on you? Is it having a big impact on the American people. I rather see it as something that Trump should have avoided at all costs. That's because it's so symbolic of his betrayal.

IP Logged

Sicklers Dink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - May 25th, 2018 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 25th, 2018 at 8:09am:
On the other hand, appeasement doesn't work well to maintain peace.

What was the direction of U.S. foreign policy under Obama? (Discounting his continuation of all the small Bush 'wars' of course...). It looked like appeasement to me.

Great comment Sickler. You mean it in a negative way and that betrays your real feeling against Obama being antiwar.

Real libertarians 'should' be questioning what you mean by 'appeasement' but they likely won't because of their racist hating of Obama.

The appeasement you're suggesting has to be Obama's solution to the situation in Syria. He allowed Russia to get a foot in the door because he knew it would lead to eventual peace. And now, regardless of the US's efforts to continue the slaughter, peace is threatening.

On Russia's and Syria's terms too!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof of the Deep State?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy