Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof of the Deep State?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Proof of the Deep State? (Read 748 times)
Tom Palven
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Proof of the Deep State?
Reply #30 - May 25th, 2018 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Take solace in being one of the first to understand Tom.

Did the Trump renegging on Harley-Davidson has a large impact on you? Is it having a big impact on the American people. I rather see it as something that Trump should have avoided at all costs. That's because it's so symbolic of his betrayal.

Your link came up in Chnese, at least for me, and I don't know what Trump's cancelling a trip to Milwaukee is all about.

Can you clue me in on what I've missed?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - May 25th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 25th, 2018 at 12:13pm:
+1    Smiley

Keep the war(s) going.  Break stuff.  Sell weapons. Loan money to rebuild.  rinse. repeat...
That describes the MIC and their hangers on Chief, not the entire deep state, which nobody knows all about because so much of it is secret.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - May 25th, 2018 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Great comment Sickler. You mean it in a negative way and that betrays your real feeling against Obama being antiwar.
That's it Donat, I hated all of Obama's policies just because he's the same color as my favorite cousin.

Ask Red if you want to figure out tangled and subtle psychological mental disorders and try to pretend they apply.

Obama was dangerous to our Liberty and Liberty in general. He was as far from libertarian as you can get, being a communist and all.

That's why he was an appeaser, because he is anti-American and supported our enemies. Because of that, I don't like him and never will, but what color he is, or how tall he is is not a factor.

Edit: Please list all of the wars and conflicts that Obama ended. Thanks.

Then please list all the wars and conflicts he entered into in our name and using our money. Thanks.

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - May 29th, 2018 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:21pm:
I repeat my last sentence from yesterday.  The Deep State will never allow peace.

Peace is what we won't get now, but I'm of the opinion that the deep state prefers peace but will use war if necessary to maintain its power.  It just happens that it's always necessary, because of the incentives for the elites to destabilize their own system.

My current hypothesis (and it's just that) is that the deep state has turned Trump, Pompeo, Bolton, etc. into its fierce henchmen.  If these characters can cower Iran, North Korea and China, put pressure on Europe and get everyone to do what the deep state wants, great.  If they fail in some way, the deep state can always effect a change of policy (i.e. fold their hand) and blame everything on Trump, et al. without overly tainting the reputation of the US-led empire as a whole.

In this way, the deep state has turned a defeat (the election of Trump) to its advantage.

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #34 - May 29th, 2018 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 12:45pm:
Peace is what we won't get now, but I'm of the opinion that the deep state prefers peace but will use war if necessary to maintain its power.  It just happens that it's always necessary, because of the incentives for the elites to destabilize their own system.

My current hypothesis (and it's just that) is that the deep state has turned Trump, Pompeo, Bolton, etc. into its fierce henchmen.  If these characters can cower Iran, North Korea and China, put pressure on Europe and get everyone to do what the deep state wants, great.  If they fail in some way, the deep state can always effect a change of policy (i.e. fold their hand) and blame everything on Trump, et al. without overly tainting the reputation of the US-led empire as a whole.

In this way, the deep state has turned a defeat (the election of Trump) to its advantage.

I disagree with your hypothesis for a couple of reasons.

Bolton and Pompeo are products of Trump's choices.

The deep state didn't turn Trump. Trump was already ready made for the US task. That is, Trump had no actual preferences of his own and likely still doesn't. He simply doesn't understand. (you may take that as reinforcing your point, but I see it as something different)

And I would just add, Obama wasn't pre-made for the deep state's or the US's purpose of aggression throughout the world. In fact he represented an obvious lull in their progress. The change with Trump is starkly evident.

It's in the details. Given more time, Obama would have succeeded with his objective of peace in Syria and his peace plan with Iran had succeeded.

Do you see Obama as being an appeaser? Sickler does that speaks volumes about Obama.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - May 29th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Bolton and Pompeo are products of Trump's choices.
What? Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - May 29th, 2018 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you see Obama as being an appeaser? Sickler does that speaks volumes about Obama.
What? Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - May 29th, 2018 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you see Obama as being an appeaser?
He tried to stand up to the NRA... Who else?

The Liberty Caucus of Congress...

I can't think of anyone else.

He told Putin he would be "flexible". Undecided

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 12:40pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Don_G
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on May 29th, 2018 at 5:02pm:
He tried to stand up to the NRA... Who else?

The Liberty Caucus of Congress...

I can't think of anyone else.

He told Putin he would be "flexible". Undecided

That's what I admire in Obama. He was flexible on Syria and now Russia has been empowered to move into Syria and just about own it, with the blessing of the Syrian government.

Obama and Putin made a deal on Syria destroying it's chem/bio weapons and Syria did. That totally destroyed all credibility for the US to finish the war it intended with Syria, then continue on to Iran.

I Can understand completely why Americans like you with a Nazi streak hate Obama. You should be able to understand why I think he will go down in history as one of the greatest.

The rest of the world is already convinced.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Proof of the Deep State?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy